Taking all Advise on Complete Rebuild of Team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Taking all Advise on Complete Rebuild of Team

Postby dawgs4life » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:02 am

I inherited this crappy team last year before the draft, but agreed to take it on as a project because its an inexpensive league. It had No young players as i got youth and draft picks for S. Holmes, A. Boldin, P. Manning and others-- and i traded CJ2K for 1.8, 2.3 this year, j. gordon, n. foles. probably wasnt the best value i could get for him since i did it in week 5 last year.

So i have 1.8, 1.10 1.12, 2.1, & 2.3 this year rookie draft.

Roster: 30 offensive players- no taxi squad

QB: Kappernick- Locker- Foles- Ponder
RB: R. williams- B. Tate- D. Richardson- I. Pead- T. Gannaway- Daniel Thomas- C. Ivory- T. Cadet- J. Best- K. Smith- S. Draughn
D. Harris- B. Powell- C. Rainey
WR- D. Jackson- J. Baldwin- J. Gordon- A. Jeffery- K. Wright- B. Quick- C. Shorts
TE- A. Gates- L. Green- S. Chandler
K- L. Tynes
Def- St. Louis

I know quite a project huh! but being a cheap league, its fun. And playing in a 12-team 30 Roster league, there is not much on waivers.
I want to add RB's to go with my good young recievers, So i was thinking about trading D. rich and D. Harris for the 1.4 rookie pick. Or just add more WRs in this years draft, and get my RB's next year as i will probably have the 1.1. The here goal is to try to make this team compeditive by 2015.

Please give me some suggestions as to moves i can make (other than quit) to help improve this team.
Thanks
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

BPP
Captain
Captain

Re: Taking all Advise on Complete Rebuild of Team

Postby BPP » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 am

If you can find an owner willing to give you 1.4 for Drich and Harris you should do that before they sober up.

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:03 am

if you can get the 1.4 thats awesome, i like a lot of the players on your roster, your fine at qb and i like most of your receivers to be solid contributers this year, rb's and te are a problem but i do like tate, pead, and ivory, you might not get anything out of those three this year but i think success is in their future, and who knows about powell and harris. I honestly don't think this team is as bad as you think it is, you have a lot of good prospects and with that many picks this year you should be able to add several more.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 am

I would selling harris shorts gates & foles
and working on that wr corp it is not good
wr targets w/ your picks
stedman bailey patton woods emory blake - (people are napping on this guy)_

rb targets
franklin ellington bell and a late flyer on dennis johnson
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:I would selling harris shorts gates & foles
and working on that wr corp it is not good
wr targets w/ your picks
stedman bailey patton woods emory blake - (people are napping on this guy)_

rb targets
franklin ellington bell and a late flyer on dennis johnson
i like all those sells accept for shorts, i think his value is lower than it should be right now, i think he puts up high end wr3 numbers next year and thats not the value you are going to get from him in a trade

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 pm

I doubt anyone give you the 1.04 for Harris and D.Richardson, but if the owner is willing to do it then you have to.

I would trade Kaep, Foles (if you can find a buyer), and Powell while some look at him thinking he's better than Greene.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Thank u all for chiming in. I think the owner might do the 1.4. He is thinking about it. Do any of u have an opinion on Jahvid Best? I've read all the articles And know the situation. But I also know he will be a valuable asset on this team if he can ever make it back. Is he better than the 361 st player not on a roster in this league? Best available rb waivers right now is Bobby Rainey! Jahvid young is so young yet at age 24. And the Lions have still not waived him. I Am torn to drop him. Opinions?
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:47 pm

I would trade Harris/Richardson for the 1.4 if you can and take Lattimore at 1.4 (unless Lacy somehow falls but don't see that happening). Since you are a few years away from being competitive Lattimore is worth the risk and could pay HUGE dividends

If the 1.4 trade doesnt work out, I would try to package either 1.10 or 1.12 and a player for 1.5 or 1.6

will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Postby will6779 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 pm

if that guy gives you 1.04 for that i wana know who he is so i can send him an invite for my league. but you have alota good young pieces, keep up the good work.
12 team, ppr,idp league. 35 man roster, 5 ts.
Start- qb,2-3rb,3-4wr,1-2te,pk, 2-3 dl, 2-3 lb, 2-3 db
Scoring- all tds 6 pts, lb&db 2/t, 4/sack. Dl 3/t 5/ sack

QB- luck, tannehill, mallet
RB- spiller,sproles,mathews,ingram p thomas, woodhead, f jackson, k davis, freeman
WR- brandon marshall d thomas,cobb,amendola , bolden, landry, bryant, watkins, carter
TE- Olsen, reed, ertz, housler, escobar
PK- Vinatary
DL- , quinn, dunlap, hankins
LB- Kueckly, bowman, greenway, v miller , ogletree, bostic, kirksey
DB- Beathea, weddel