The toughest deals to make (young developmental guys)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: The toughest deals to make (young developmental guys)

Postby Chris_R » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 am

thriftyrocker wrote:
DYNOmite wrote:
ericanadian wrote:I picked up Pead and Jenkins off waivers, so that pretty much sums up how people are handling it.
That's just crazy. I don't understand while people even draft players if they aren't even going to give them a season to develop.
Depends on the format. .

This. Sometimes I get confused also and wonder why rookies get dropped so fast but roster sizes and formats change things. My league in sig, holds 30, but 6 of those spots are for IDP starters. On top of that, commish does it like an extended keeper, where at seasons end everyone has to drop 7 players, 4 of which have to be skill position(that can include the kicker also) so really it's only like your dropping 3 players off your roster which is just trimming the fat, but it's why certain guys are dropped a lot sooner. Rookies who aren't really performing get dropped quite a bit, sometimes they are on waivers until the draft next year, or picked up at a later date. Pead & Jenkins are both owned now, but it wouldn't shock me to see them released here soon.

Now in any other true dynasty, where I have 25 rosters or larger, nobody like that is dropped as a rookie for the most part. Though I'm not sure if people take into consideration that when they pick them. I knew 2012 was a mulligan year for AJ Jenkins before picking him up so I'm not even thinking about gauging his value until I see some training camp reports next year to see how he's developed.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)