rashee rice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mbrooks18
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

rashee rice

Postby mbrooks18 » Wed May 08, 2024 5:54 pm

on a rebuilding team what would you do with Rashee Rice??

would you hold knowing that you are selling low?? or just try and move him for a 2nd round pick?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: rashee rice

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 08, 2024 5:56 pm

I'd take a 2nd in this class for sure.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed May 08, 2024 5:56 pm

At this juncture, I think all you can do is hold regardless of build. Talent is obvious. Value is way down. Not a good combination.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 08, 2024 6:08 pm

The thing in the club has the makings of a he said / she said type of deal. Probably not much will come of it. In this class in SF I’d take an early 2nd for him but otherwise you just have to hold.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 08, 2024 6:23 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:08 pm The thing in the club has the makings of a he said / she said type of deal. Probably not much will come of it. In this class in SF I’d take an early 2nd for him but otherwise you just have to hold.
The photographer did go to the hospital, so there's risk. Should be witnesses, and who knows, someone may have a video. The bigger concern is he gets cut, because Reid said they had a chat with him prior to this, and they'd stay with him if he learned from his mistake.

They cut Hunt for bullshatting them, this could be another one of those scenarios.

Also some stuff about an incident at SMU that teams knew about, and they had him off their boards, or way down because of it.

Seems to be a pattern with this guy. This class is deep, I'd personally get out and reset the WR position, there are just so many of them, and I have my doubts this guy is a Chief for the entirety of his rookie deal, let alone getting a 2nd contract from them.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 08, 2024 6:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:23 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:08 pm The thing in the club has the makings of a he said / she said type of deal. Probably not much will come of it. In this class in SF I’d take an early 2nd for him but otherwise you just have to hold.
The photographer did go to the hospital, so there's risk. Should be witnesses, and who knows, someone may have a video. The bigger concern is he gets cut, because Reid said they had a chat with him prior to this, and they'd stay with him if he learned from his mistake.

They cut Hunt for bullshatting them, this could be another one of those scenarios.

Also some stuff about an incident at SMU that teams knew about, and they had him off their boards, or way down because of it.

Seems to be a pattern with this guy. This class is deep, I'd personally get out and reset the WR position, there are just so many of them, and I have my doubts this guy is a Chief for the entirety of his rookie deal, let alone getting a 2nd contract from them.
Hmm, thanks for the context.

Stone2987
Starter
Starter

Postby Stone2987 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:52 pm

I would probably hold but the fear for me isn’t really what will come from what he’s already done, but rather he’s shown this poor judgment twice, who knows what else he’ll do. If rebuilding I’d hold, wait and see what the punishment is, let him get a few games back and try to sell then.
Team 1
10 team, sf, 0.5 ppr, te prem 1.0 ppr, idp
Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 3 flex, 1 sf, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db, 1 idp flex
QB- Dak, Tua, Cousins, Minshew, Jimmy G
RB- CMC, Taylor, Achane, Zeke, Pierce, Mostert, Chandler, Ford
WR- Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Devonta, K Allen, Godwin, Lockett, Douglas, Z Jones
TE- LaPorta, Pitts
DL- Phillips, Burns, Buckner, Thibs
LB- Luvu, E.Jones, Warner Pace
DB- Hamilton, Metellus Hufanga, Bates, Branch
League started in 2020
2020 7th
2021 Champ
2022 Champ
2023 Champ
2024 picks 3.10 and 5.10

Team 2
12 team, SF, 0.5 ppr, 1.0 te prem, idp
Qb - Lamar, Kyler Jacoby
Rb - Achane, KWalk Swift, Estime, Irving Foreman, Mattison
Wr - Wilson, AJB, London, JSN Downs, Polk, R Wilson, Mims, Shaheed, McMillan, Palmer, Douglas
Te - Pitts, Goedert Bowers, Fant, All, Wiley
Dl - Gary, Greenard Latu, Mafe, Karlaftis
Lb - Luvu, Milano, Wilson Jamin
Db - Hamilton, Brisker Curl, Sainristil

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 pm

Rice isn't Tyreek, I'm not saying he is so please don't freak, but in one league I'll in Tyreek was sold at a MASSIVE discount post child abuse scandal. Who here remembers that? As soon as the dude started posting 1K yard seasons again all was forgiven (at least here in Fantasy land, and in the real NFL).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 08, 2024 10:10 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:23 pm

Hmm, thanks for the context.
I could be wrong, of course. If nobody can confirm or deny, even though he went to the hospital, then it still is a he said/she said.

There was apparently a situation at SMU that happened too, where no charges were laid, and it was kind of swept under the rug, but teams knew about it, and many had him off their board. Pre draft write ups cited character issues/concerns, which seem to ratify this.

Time will tell, but it seems to be a pattern with this guy.
Janiel Dones Truther

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu May 09, 2024 6:48 am

hold
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu May 09, 2024 7:00 am

Rice is the 4th best pass catcher on his team now. A lot has changed for the young receiver. I have a hard time believing the Chiefs give him an extension, let alone build around him.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Thu May 09, 2024 7:17 am

a rebuild is the perfect situation to hold him.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu May 09, 2024 7:17 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:00 am Rice is the 4th best pass catcher on his team now. A lot has changed for the young receiver. I have a hard time believing the Chiefs give him an extension, let alone build around him.
bold statement. I'd hear the argument for 3rd, but I'd still bet second. I'm for sure not gonna hand a rookie like Worthy his flowers so fast, especially in a Reid offence. And the fact that Rice had such a great rookie season in a Reid Offence further bolsters him, imo. If/when Rice is on the field, he's the 2nd best option behind TK
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Thu May 09, 2024 7:22 am

Mtt33 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:17 am a rebuild is the perfect situation to hold him.
Came here to say exactly this. If you have no need to score points this season, Rice is a prime buy low target. If you already have him then there is no need to sell now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 09, 2024 12:41 pm

Not sure if this is true or not, but the photographer did go to the hospital with a swollen jaw, according to Dallas police.

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/ ... 1031116903
Janiel Dones Truther