BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:13 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:58 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:38 pm
Olave did it…
Olave was also projected as a 2nd rounder not a consensus top 5 pick.
I’m not sure that’s true that he was projected as a 2nd. Guess it depends on who you ask.

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/fo ... ior-season

At any rate, no arguments that MHjr is a superior prospect. I think he declares, but there is precedent.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:37 pm Still though, business is business.

Is risking a significant injury and let's say....28M less worth it to beat Michigan? Everyone's built differently, but idk about that one.
I agree, if it was strictly from a business advisement POV - then yeah, get paid ASAP. I think that's the driving force behind most athletes that are focussed on generating generational wealth for their families.

I'm just saying - in this case, that doesn't apply. Marvin Sr. earned 70 million just from his NFL contracts alone - and that was 25 years ago money. It would have all gone into assets. They are literally a family of 100+ millionaires. When Marvin Jr. calls up Sr. and asks him what he should do in this situation, I think Sr. will rightly say: "Do whatever makes you happy. The NFL will always be there, but College won't."

He risks injury no matter where he plays. It won't stop him being drafted Top 5 - just look at Ja'marr Chase. The talent is the talent.

I'm just saying. Put yourself in his shoes.

You've just turned 21. You're the king of the Ohio Campus, of Ohio itself - you are revered by your peers and fellow students, all people your own age. The team comes back to you and begs you to stay - all your best friends beg you for "one more shot at it". You don't -need- the money, and you likely are eyeing up being shipped to Arizona or Washington or Chicago or the Jets if you declare.

I dunno. Staying with my friends for another year sounds pretty good to me if I'm in no hurry to grow up fast and I legitimately have love for them. Once you've left College, you can't go back... you still hear some Pros talk about "wishing they could have won that one" and having regrets.

I'm just saying we should treat this pretty seriously, and realise that the social/nostalgia factor could legitimately outweigh the need for business sense on this one.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:49 pm

mild wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:45 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:37 pm Still though, business is business.

Is risking a significant injury and let's say....28M less worth it to beat Michigan? Everyone's built differently, but idk about that one.
I agree, if it was strictly from a business advisement POV - then yeah, get paid ASAP. I think that's the driving force behind most athletes that are focussed on generating generational wealth for their families.

I'm just saying - in this case, that doesn't apply. Marvin Sr. earned 70 million just from his NFL contracts alone - and that was 25 years ago money. It would have all gone into assets. They are literally a family of 100+ millionaires. When Marvin Jr. calls up Sr. and asks him what he should do in this situation, I think Sr. will rightly say: "Do whatever makes you happy. The NFL will always be there, but College won't."

He risks injury no matter where he plays. It won't stop him being drafted Top 5 - just look at Ja'marr Chase. The talent is the talent.

You've just turned 21. You're the king of the Ohio Campus, of Ohio itself - you are revered by your peers and fellow students, all people your own age. The team comes back to you and begs you to stay - all your best friends beg you for "one more shot at it". You don't -need- the money, and you likely are eyeing up being shipped to Arizona or Washington or Chicago or the Jets if you declare.

I dunno. Staying with my friends for another year sounds pretty good to me if I'm in no hurry to grow up fast and I legitimately have love for them. Once you've left College, you can't go back... you still hear some Pros talk about "wishing they could have won that one" and having regrets.

I'm just saying we should treat this pretty seriously, and realise that the social/nostalgia factor could legitimately outweigh the need for business sense on this one.
Maybe his family/dad are also hoping he finishes and gets his degree. That's a real thing to a lot of people. I think he declares, but I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:26 pm

mild wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:45 pm

This totally makes sense and I am actually worried he stays another year. This isn't a kid from a middle-class family, the first to break into the NFL, the first to make real money. If it was me, I can totally see why I might stay. Now, maybe he's tired of the work, college is tough, and he just wants to be in "the big game"—to compete, to challenge himself, to follow in his father's footsteps.

I hope he doesn't stay, just for selfish reasons, and having the 1.02 pick in my Superflex. But if he does, I guess I'll have to take a QB there, and then see if Nabers/Bowers is there at 4/5.

Who do you all have AFTER the top five Superflex of Williams, Maye, Harrison, Bowers, Nabers? Odunze? Coleman? Ebguka?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:37 pm

yeah but then you have to stay in Ohio :sick:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 pm

The 1.02 just got a lot more shaky in SF.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:13 pm

tstafford wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 pm The 1.02 just got a lot more shaky in SF.
Maybe. If not, you just take the QB. I suspect a lot of people go QB there, regardless.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:13 pm
tstafford wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:10 pm The 1.02 just got a lot more shaky in SF.
Maybe. If not, you just take the QB. I suspect a lot of people go QB there, regardless.
Yep. It's Williams and Maye in Superflex, but for me personally, with the 1.02 I just want ONE share of Harrison. I'll also have the 4 or 5 so it makes sense to take a QB at 1.02 if MHJ returns, and then see who is there at 4/5—2 TEP I'd take Bowers unless he's gone, or then I have to look at WRs, Nabers the name, but a few others rising as well.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:22 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:16 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:13 pm
Yep. It's Williams and Maye in Superflex, but for me personally, with the 1.02 I just want ONE share of Harrison. I'll also have the 4 or 5 so it makes sense to take a QB at 1.02 if MHJ returns, and then see who is there at 4/5—2 TEP I'd take Bowers unless he's gone, or then I have to look at WRs, Nabers the name, but a few others rising as well.
I also wouldn't be shocked if Nabers had a better career than MHJ, or a similar one.

This class is really needed quite a few underclassmen at the WR position to declare. Worthy, Williams, Egbuka etc as well. If not, it's going to dry up quickly.
Janiel Dones Truther

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:37 pm yeah but then you have to stay in Ohio :sick:
This is absolutely what went thru my head when reading the above comment "you're the king of Ohio" :lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:17 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:26 pm Who do you all have AFTER the top five Superflex of Williams, Maye, Harrison, Bowers, Nabers? Odunze? Coleman? Ebguka?
Just going to throw some of my favorite names out there. No order.

QB- Penix, Daniels
RB- Allen (though I really want to say none until I see testing and/or landing spots)
WR - Odunze, Thomas Jr, Worthy, Coleman, Egbuka, Franklin, Legette, Mitchell
TE - Sanders

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:48 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:44 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:37 pm yeah but then you have to stay in Ohio :sick:
This is absolutely what went thru my head when reading the above comment "you're the king of Ohio" :lol: :lol: :lol:
LeBron chose to go back rather than stay in Miami, let that sink in. :lol:

Besides which, I'm guessing the experience of a Superstar millionaire NIL athlete on Campus at a 65,000 person campus is probably pretty lit, and not comparable to anything us here would have experienced at College.

The academic angle is a good shout too, nice one FFreak. You can't discount the idea of "the devil you know" either. If you're having a really good time in College (I have heard that for some people, this is the case!) and you have no pressing need to earn - and someone is offering millions for you to stay, at a reasonably equivalent rate - it legitimately might sway me...

We'll have to see. I'd probably pick another year of partying with my friends in College and competing for championships over going to the Bears or the Jets just personally speaking, too.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:00 pm

MH is coming out. No way he delays the 2nd contract

I can see Henderson staying based on the way the NFL values rb's. I could see a college rb getting paid more then a 2nd contract NFL RB.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:17 pm

81- wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:00 pm MH is coming out. No way he delays the 2nd contract

I can see Henderson staying based on the way the NFL values rb's. I could see a college rb getting paid more then a 2nd contract NFL RB.
I’d agree. MHJ is just talking respect to his university. If he plays in the bowl game, that will be a tell tale sign
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:36 pm

TheTroll wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:17 pm
81- wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:00 pm MH is coming out. No way he delays the 2nd contract

I’d agree. MHJ is just talking respect to his university. If he plays in the bowl game, that will be a tell tale sign
This.