2023 Week 13

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2023 Week 13

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:25 pm

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:39 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:23 am If the NFL ever needed to get a message that something needs to be done with the refs, the way they dropped trou in the last minute of an otherwise outstanding football game on full display of a national audience in prime time with 2 very popular teams ought to do it or nothing will.

Honestly, I don’t understand the degradation of the officiating over the past few years. The league can blame itself with the changing of some important plays to being so much more difficult to call because it puts what are normal football plays into difficult judgment situations. But I also wonder about the officials and where they are coming from. Given the nature of some of these calls, I sincerely wonder how many refs have significant experience in playing/coaching the game so that they would understand the differences in advantage/disadvantage, in incidental or unavoidable contact vs avoidable contact, and how to evaluate sideline plays. I’m not talking about the bang-bang stuff where the difference occurs in the smallest fraction of a second or where a better angle couldn’t have been obtained in time, but rather the pretty blatant stuff that makes some of them look like they just don’t understand the nuances of the game. It sure looked that way last night during that last minute.
There's a lot of diversification going on with with refs. While that's good in theory I wonder what type of experience those refs actually have.
What a xenophobic , misogynistic, racist & probably somehow anti-Semitic remark . You don’t think women refs have the experience of playing big time collegiate or high school football ?

Just kidding , totally agree that too many don’t seem to have a grasp on concept of allowing the give & take between players on certain plays/ situations and make calls on things that don’t give an obvious advantage or effect on the play while missing obvious ones. Really believe they know who the stars are and make calls accordingly. Also make calls to kill blowouts & keep teams in the game. Must’ve learned that from the NBA

AND let’s be clear … many of the men refs are worse than the women. Players & coaches should be able to fill out a survey on refs to weed out the worst of the bunch. That being said it is a difficult job to make split second decisions while bodies are flying around at amazing speeds. Pretty thankless job except for the pay & privilege to be a part of the nfl

Ridiculous that they don’t have full time trained officials that are in the shape to move with the players speed

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:31 pm

Ridley should have caught that.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:54 pm

That Chase guy is pretty good. Browning is playing well. Excellent game plan by Taylor to give him easy throws early tonight, to get him so flow going, and confidence.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:15 pm

Tyler Boyd going full Jakobi Meyers. Never go full Jakobi Meyers.
Janiel Dones Truther

PPE82
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby PPE82 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:20 pm

TLaw has been fantastic the past few weeks.
Team 1
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-6RB, 2-6WR, 1-5TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Kyler Murray, Rudolph, Brissett, Brady
Keaton Mitchell, scrubs
Jefferson, Lamb, Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Dotson, Josh Palmer, Rashid Shaheed, Toney, Justyn Ross, Metchie, Ronnie Bell
Pitts, Likely
2024 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 2.09, 4.02, 4.12

Team 2
12 Team, SF, PPR, TEP (2PPR)
1-2QB, 2-5RB, 3-6WR, 1-4TE
10 starters, 28 roster spots

Lawrence, Caleb Williams, Richardson, Young, Mac Jones, Lance, Jordan Travis
Bijan, Charbonnet, Braelon Allen, Estime, Bucky Irving, Strong Jr., Davis-Price, Tyler Goodson, Kevin Harris
Wilson, Nacua, Odunze, Thomas Jr., Flowers, Downs, Wicks, Renfrow, Ross, Bell, Metchie
Pitts, Bowers, Woods
2025 Picks: 1-4 (mine)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm

Mannnn. Can we just get to next year

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm

PPE82 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:20 pm TLaw has been fantastic the past few weeks.
Yeah, now he's hurt. Ugh. Looks like a break or a tear in the ankle. When the guy fell on him, it got bent worse than the initial step, on it. Brutal.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:56 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:53 pm Mannnn. Can we just get to next year
Can't remember a year with even close to this many season ending QB injuries. Rodgers, Watson, Richardson, Burrow, Cousins, Jones (*and* his backup, Tyrod). Hopefully Lawrence wasn't just added to the list.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, Dell, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:00 pm

First that dumb call where they purposely called a play for him to take a sack, and he got hurt a few weeks ago. Now this. What kind of staff do they have, there? Seriously.

https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/17 ... 1300387236

https://twitter.com/BlaiseInKC/status/1 ... 7988658503
Janiel Dones Truther

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:02 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:23 am If the NFL ever needed to get a message that something needs to be done with the refs, the way they dropped trou in the last minute of an otherwise outstanding football game on full display of a national audience in prime time with 2 very popular teams ought to do it or nothing will.
You know, I really don't know what the answer is BB. Full time refs would hopefully improve the situation, but it still sometimes feels like an exercise in protecting the Superstars at all costs.

I was watching the end of the SNF game with my wife, and when that Mahomes hit on the sideline late in the 4th happened I immediately said, "Here comes a flag!" Sure enough...

Nevermind that the hit was totally legal. The player still had one foot inbounds, the defender lead with his shoulder (not his helmet), and contact was made with the defender's shoulder pads underneath the QB's helmet. Totally. Completely. Legal.

But no. It was an awesome, brutal, NFL calibre football hit that in years past we've applauded. "Dude, did you see that?! he totally leveled him with that shot!" In today's league, if it looks like someone, "Might have been trying to hurt someone" then we'd better call a foul on the play. After all, wouldn't want to see any injuries in football. :roll:

I don't like injuries. I don't root for players to get injured. And frankly, injuries are a primary reason that most of my FF teams suck this year. I've lost a lot of players and game time to injuries. But the game is the game, and the rules SHOULD be the rules. The people officiating said games should call the action accordingly. Sometimes, it really feels like they aren't. And at times it's so egregious that it almost seems intentional.

I'm not fashioning a tinfoil hat at this point, but I don't think the opinion BB, myself, and some others have expressed at this point is delusional or "sour grapes" of a fanbase. Calls are literally being made in every game that are not supported by the rules the officials are supposed to be following. Chalk it up to human error, incompetence, poor training, or whatever you like. But the fact is that the quality of officiating is not up to par with the quality of athletes playing the games, and that's a shame.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:43 am

I was cheering hardcore for Tanner Hudson in one league…. And I have been using him for 3 weeks now 😂

Gotta love late-season fantasy football
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:06 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:43 am I was cheering hardcore for Tanner Hudson in one league…. And I have been using him for 3 weeks now 😂

Gotta love late-season fantasy football
Funny you say that. Running Hudson in the league where I lost Andrews and it hasn't been all that bad. Of course that in part speaks to how horrible TE is these days in FF.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:39 am

abloom wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 am
abloom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:30 am Let's see, went 5-0 last week. I have clinched playoff spots in all 5 leagues and currently in line to have byes in all 5 leagues.

League#5 I have clinched first round bye and top seed
Leagues 2-4 I can clinch first round bye win a win this week and some high scoring for vps.
League #1 I can clinch a first round bye with a win and with one of two other teams losing.
Disastrous Sunday.
Dell injury really hurt teams #1 and #2.

Team #1 is going to lose and will need to win next week and have another team lose inorder to get a bye.

Team #2 will lose unless McPherson gets zero points. Good news is that the third place team lost also so just need to win next week to get bye

Team #3 this one hurts the most. Went up against a brock deebo stack. My team did fine but with Cooper going out I have a 12 point league with opponent having ETN and Kirk left. Loss here means likely no bye for me.

Team #4 looks good. May actually lock up #1 seed but will have to see results from Monday night (for the 2 vs 3 matchup that's happening) and then wait for Tuesday morning for scores to finalize. I have a 33% chance of being hit by a random, league theme action that could cost me some serious points.

Team #5 already locked up number 1 seed but looks like I could lose the matchup tonight.

I'm really hoping for a game cancellation and replay after Thursday.
Okay, well as the dust settles on week 13. It appears that while not the best outcome it wasn't too bad.

Team #1: a loss now puts me in 3rd place and out of the driver seat for a first round bye and $$. However, I am now tied with the #2 seed in victory points and only down by 27 total points scored for tie breaker. So as long as I win and outscore him by 27 points I'll be taking the #2 seed.

Team #2: it was a bizarre week but in the end I'm still the number #2 seed with a 3 point lead on #3 in VPs (2 VPs per win, 2 for being top 4 scorers, 1 for being scorer 5-8) and again a 30 pt lead in tie breaker. If I get 2 pts I'll be all set so either a victory or even an unlucky defeat. 1 VP and I just need to not be outscored by 30. More interesting is that I hold the 2024 first of a team that currently is in 7th, 3VPs and 80 total points behind #6 (I'm playing #6 this week). If #6 gets a single VP point then that 24 1st will be top 6 and since this is an FFPC league with a toilet bowl for picks 1-6 there is a decent chance this becomes a top 3-4 pick. So not bad.

Team #3: still disastrous. If only I had.started browning over mahommes. I'm in 3rd and going up against the #1 seed this week. I am the top scorer in the league though so I could still win. The problem is that I would still need the new #2 seed to lose. He is going up against another playoff team, so there is a chance.

Team #4: looks like I locked up the #1 seed and regular season $$

Team #5: already had the #1 seed locked up, which is now even more important since I have Lawrence and Kirk on the team. We still have trades open so may have to explore some trade options there.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:26 pm NFC South is going to be really interesting, if TB can beat ATL next week. I am assuming the Saints can pull off a win, vs the Panthers, even if Carr can't go. It would make it a 3 way tie for first, if those things happen.
:dance:
I can't wait for that to happen!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:26 pm NFC South is going to be really interesting, if TB can beat ATL next week. I am assuming the Saints can pull off a win, vs the Panthers, even if Carr can't go. It would make it a 3 way tie for first, if those things happen.
The part I’m most interested in would be any and all scenarios that result with Arthur Smith’s termination.