Legend
Legend

Re: Rookie WR Production 2023

Postby CGW » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:50 pm

trc wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:10 am
CGW wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:36 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:25 am

I'll help you out.

Boutte - easy drop. New England WRs aren't worth anything to begin with and he's what, 5th or 6th in pecking order?

Tillman - If I'm holding anyone, it's him. Day 2 pedigree, looked decent in preseason, and Cooper and DPJ may be gone in the offseason. Still, his path to an impact this year looks very bleak.

Hutchinson - Collins and Dell look like the guys here. 2 targets in 6 games. Liked him as a potential sleeper, but he's looking like someone who will clog your roster.
Very good assessment. I'd add that dropping Tillman would be absolutely acceptable. The odds of him panning out at this point are below abysmal. If you can recoup some value, I'd be happy to move him (or even drop him if there's a waiver wire option you can flip)
Why are the odds of Tillman being a hit lower than it was pre-season? I for one didn’t expect anything at all this season. He was about the long play, and if you have shallow rosters you made a mistake drafting him in the first place.
That's kind of the point of the thread, I believe.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:14 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:50 pm

Very good assessment. I'd add that dropping Tillman would be absolutely acceptable. The odds of him panning out at this point are below abysmal. If you can recoup some value, I'd be happy to move him (or even drop him if there's a waiver wire option you can flip)
Why are the odds of Tillman being a hit lower than it was pre-season? I for one didn’t expect anything at all this season. He was about the long play, and if you have shallow rosters you made a mistake drafting him in the first place.
That's kind of the point of the thread, I believe.
Right. If you didn't think Tillman was going to hit that 47 ypg mark, then he goes into that 87% bust rate category based on rookie production and draft capital. Page 5 of this thread has the hit rates for under 47 ypg and its not pretty

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:04 pm

So Tillman being a random 3rd round pick would give you these odds

3rd Round
[93 Total] (11 Stud) (3 Good) (79 Bust)
12% Stud
3% Good
15% Good or Better
85% Bust

And Tillman being a random 3rd round pick and not doing anything his rookie season would give you these odds, more or less

3rd round (89 players < 47ypg)
10% Stud - 9
3% Good – 3
13% Good or Better
87% Bust

So the odds do decrease a little.

Now, my assumption for the above is the worse the ypg the worse the outcome. But I haven’t gotten to analyze the under 27ypg group yet. So it could be that doing diddly squat leads to a bigger decrease in odds than what is shown above.

What I mean by that, is if Tillman was averaging 30 something ypg, we might look on that more favorable than what he’s currently at (gotta be between 0-5 ypg I would assume)

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:24 pm

Awesome, thanks.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, VIDAL, Ford, Warren WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Jefferson, Tucker TE—Engram, Muth, SINNOTT, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:32 pm

I didn’t draft Tillman in any leagues as I always opted for the TEs, Tank Dell, Michael Wilson, and Hyatt in the 3rd… but I’ll happily add him if dropped like he was in one of my leagues yesterday (owner dropped for Rico Dowdle. 12x25+4 Taxi league)

That offense has been a mess, so I’m willing to give him a pass for the time being.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:40 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:32 pm I didn’t draft Tillman in any leagues as I always opted for the TEs, Tank Dell, Michael Wilson, and Hyatt in the 3rd… but I’ll happily add him if dropped like he was in one of my leagues yesterday (owner dropped for Rico Dowdle. 12x25+4 Taxi league)

That offense has been a mess, so I’m willing to give him a pass for the time being.
He's been on the field for 45 snaps. I don't think the offense being a mess has any impact on him :lol:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:25 am

I'll help you out.

Boutte - easy drop. New England WRs aren't worth anything to begin with and he's what, 5th or 6th in pecking order?

Tillman - If I'm holding anyone, it's him. Day 2 pedigree, looked decent in preseason, and Cooper and DPJ may be gone in the offseason. Still, his path to an impact this year looks very bleak.

Hutchinson - Collins and Dell look like the guys here. 2 targets in 6 games. Liked him as a potential sleeper, but he's looking like someone who will clog your roster.
He’s had 45 snaps on O and has been targeted 3 times, netting 1 catch for 5 yards. He’s had a total of 4 snaps on STs. It’s surprising CLE has even carried him on their 53 man roster because he’s doing almost literally nothing with his roster spot. He should be on the PS. But then it is CLE.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:50 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:40 pm
Seventy5 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:32 pm I didn’t draft Tillman in any leagues as I always opted for the TEs, Tank Dell, Michael Wilson, and Hyatt in the 3rd… but I’ll happily add him if dropped like he was in one of my leagues yesterday (owner dropped for Rico Dowdle. 12x25+4 Taxi league)

He's been on the field for 45 snaps. I don't think the offense being a mess has any impact on him :lol:
From Randy Moss saying:

“Cedric Tillman is reportedly thought to be the “best young receiver” to enter the NFL in the past 15 years by Randy Moss. Moss also said it’s “not even close” and that every owner in the NFL should be “pissed” they passed on him.“

…to 45 snaps and 1 catch halfway through the season.

That descaleted quickly.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:03 pm

Seventy5 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:50 pm

From Randy Moss saying:

“Cedric Tillman is reportedly thought to be the “best young receiver” to enter the NFL in the past 15 years by Randy Moss. Moss also said it’s “not even close” and that every owner in the NFL should be “pissed” they passed on him.“

That descaleted quickly.
Lol. Does Moss know Tillman personally or something. Or was he just trying to be like Steve Smith with his Cooper Kupp call.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:05 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:03 pm

From Randy Moss saying:

That descaleted quickly.
Lol. Does Moss know Tillman personally or something. Or was he just trying to be like Steve Smith with his Cooper Kupp call.
The source of this quote is hard to find.. is it even real?

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:42 pm

From Randy Moss saying:

That descaleted quickly.
Isn’t this a troll quote where you just plug a player’s name in and keep the rest of the words the same?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:01 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:05 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:03 pm

From Randy Moss saying:

That descaleted quickly.
The source of this quote is hard to find.. is it even real?
It was on a Sirius FM interview of Moss. Several credible sources quoted it, but I’m pretty sure you won’t find a transcript.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:14 am

If the price is free, and you've got the roster space - then for sure, leave the light on.

CLE have telegraphed their moves pretty blatantly Cap-wise going forward. It's why I was banging the Jerome Ford drum early last year when it was becoming clear he was likely to be the only non-Chubb RB under contract for 2023. They're seriously hamstrung by this Watson contract, and they're trying to roll cap space forward to deal with the 65 million cap hit next year - but it's still going to hurt.

Take a look. Their offensive cap total is set to jump from 116.7 million in 2023 to 185.8 million in 2024.

There is for sure a spot on the outside as the DPJ replacement penciled in for Tillman right now. He's played the most snaps of any Browns WR in 2023, and he's gone in 2024 if we apply some common sense to his FA status + that cap sheet.

NFL GM's are loathe to admit they've made a mistake, they'll always prioritise their guys first. Tillman will get first shot / force-fed into that DPJ role in 2024 if I was making a bet.

If you liked his eval, and you think he might pop once he starts getting snaps, then you should hold. I have no idea if he's actually good or not, and the situation sucks without a doubt at QB - but hey... this is what a free dice roll looks like, right.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:21 am

Tillman is a buy not a sell. Until he got hurt in college he was in consideration as a first round NFL prospect. If you drafted Tillman you did so with a long term vision. We're in week 8 of his rookie season. . .

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:42 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:21 am Tillman is a buy not a sell. Until he got hurt in college he was in consideration as a first round NFL prospect. If you drafted Tillman you did so with a long term vision. We're in week 8 of his rookie season. . .
Don't get me wrong, I like Tillman and he was a very intriguing sleeper coming into the season. And to his credit, still going 3rd round anyway is pretty impressive.

But it's hard to be a good "buy" when you're a 23-year-old who's on pace for less than 10 catches as a rookie. Tillman alrerady wasn't a great analytics profile either, so now you're adding a dud rookie season to that, and the comparables aren't good. He's on pace to having a worse rookie season than David Bell, who's younger and the Browns used a third on last year.

Every rookie doesn't need to go Puka Nacua out the gate, but you also don't want a statistical faceplant either.