Kyren Williams

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kyren Williams

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:52 am

Evans is probably a dud. I never liked his profile and he's been behind these other RBs I never saw the appeal for either. But Kyren has looked good so who knows?

It only takes a few good runs to be a valuable RB so I'm definitely picking him up everywhere. Kyren is still the lead back unless something crazy happens though

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:27 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:52 am Evans is probably a dud. I never liked his profile and he's been behind these other RBs I never saw the appeal for either. But Kyren has looked good so who knows?

It only takes a few good runs to be a valuable RB so I'm definitely picking him up everywhere. Kyren is still the lead back unless something crazy happens though
Kyren has looked not only good…but really good. Not elite good, but he’s clearly a RB1 right now. He looks like a perfect buy low right now. Even if they bring someone else in at this point, he’s still definitely have a role
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:14 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:06 am Yeah, I was stashing Rivers too since I didn't think it was possible for Kyren to keep up this kind of workload at 190lbs... of course he gets injured in the same game. :doh:

You guys are probably right about it being a committee, though. Haven't heard much about Evans at all this year and Rolls Royce is a ride that never left the parking lot :lol:
"The Process was right!" he yelled, as his wife packed the last of her belongings into the car. :lol:

Yeah, damn shame about Ronnie. Sad for Kyren too, even though I've traded away all my shares now - he's really been tearing it up. But! To the final part... I'll devils advocate:

I think if anything, Kyren Williams producing at a Top 10 RB level, and even Ronnie Rivers (who none of us knew a month ago) flashing - tells me that the true star in LA is the system. If Zach Evans is up to speed, I think there's a really good chance he can produce if he establishes the heavy side of that time share.

With Stafford, Puka, and Kupp (and even you Tutu) all playing at such a high level in this vertical passing offense, it's got defenses terrified and staying in shell coverage / 2 high. See: Sunday, when McVay came out of the 2nd half and said "F U then" and ran it 8 straight times all the way down the field because the Cards refused to get out of 2-high nickel.

There is rushing production here for the taking in LA. Being McVay's lead back is once again one of the most valuable roles in the NFL right now.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:03 pm

So far today:

- Promoted Freeman to active roster
- Signed Henderson to practice squad
- Signed Gaskin to active roster

No idea how this plays out over the next week or two, but it also speaks to the confidence they had in Kyren Williams that these moves aren't coming until now. If Rivers had just got hurt, I think they promote Freeman and call it a day.

These look like "let's make sure Zach Evans isn't our best option" moves.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:03 pm These look like "let's make sure Zach Evans isn't our best option" moves.
Yeah, I think you're right.

Certainly the D-Hen move is an interesting one considering he should theoretically still have good command of the offensive system.

Definitely trending towards "ugly timeshare" status, and Ronnie is a lock for absolutely droppable status (unless he hits IR for stashing before waivers tonight)

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:44 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:03 pm So far today:

- Promoted Freeman to active roster
- Signed Henderson to practice squad
- Signed Gaskin to active roster

No idea how this plays out over the next week or two, but it also speaks to the confidence they had in Kyren Williams that these moves aren't coming until now. If Rivers had just got hurt, I think they promote Freeman and call it a day.

These look like "let's make sure Zach Evans isn't our best option" moves.
Woah, slow down there.

They lost their top 2 RBs and only had one on the roster.

There's no way they were going to enter the game without adding 2 RBs.

Maybe it's an indictment on Evans or maybe they're scrambling to find a 3rd option they feel comfortable with if they're forced into action.

Either way.. the confidence you should have this week for any of these guys should be 0 :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:31 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:30 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:03 pm These look like "let's make sure Zach Evans isn't our best option" moves.

Certainly the D-Hen move is an interesting one considering he should theoretically still have good command of the offensive system.

Definitely trending towards "ugly timeshare" status, and Ronnie is a lock for absolutely droppable status (unless he hits IR for stashing before waivers tonight)
Wait, when did he get that nickname? He isn't good enough to get a D-Hop knockoff name. Hendo, fine. I do not approve of the D-Hen nickname. I motion to strike it from the record! :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:56 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:31 pm

Wait, when did he get that nickname? He isn't good enough to get a D-Hop knockoff name. Hendo, fine. I do not approve of the D-Hen nickname. I motion to strike it from the record! :lol:
It's always been DaHen and he's about to finally hatch

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:19 am

not that anyone should feel great about it, but my money is on Royce to have the most productive day. he's a vet who went thru camp, knows the nuances of the NFL and knows the Rams O. he may not be the strongest runner, but he's got solid rec ability. if he can just execute McVay's system well enough in a decent game script, at home against the Steelers, he should provide serviceable numbers for anyone scrambling due to byes and injuries...he said to himself over and over again in desperation, lol
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:07 am

I’ll put a dollar on Gaskin!
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:29 am

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:07 am I’ll put a dollar on Gaskin!
It cost me almost $70 to fill up my Gaskin here!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:56 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:31 pm

It's always been DaHen and he's about to finally hatch
:clap:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:12 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:14 pm
Sriracha wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:06 am Yeah, I was stashing Rivers too since I didn't think it was possible for Kyren to keep up this kind of workload at 190lbs... of course he gets injured in the same game. :doh:

You guys are probably right about it being a committee, though. Haven't heard much about Evans at all this year and Rolls Royce is a ride that never left the parking lot :lol:
"The Process was right!" he yelled, as his wife packed the last of her belongings into the car. :lol:

Yeah, damn shame about Ronnie. Sad for Kyren too, even though I've traded away all my shares now - he's really been tearing it up. But! To the final part... I'll devils advocate:

I think if anything, Kyren Williams producing at a Top 10 RB level, and even Ronnie Rivers (who none of us knew a month ago) flashing - tells me that the true star in LA is the system. If Zach Evans is up to speed, I think there's a really good chance he can produce if he establishes the heavy side of that time share.

With Stafford, Puka, and Kupp (and even you Tutu) all playing at such a high level in this vertical passing offense, it's got defenses terrified and staying in shell coverage / 2 high. See: Sunday, when McVay came out of the 2nd half and said "F U then" and ran it 8 straight times all the way down the field because the Cards refused to get out of 2-high nickel.

There is rushing production here for the taking in LA. Being McVay's lead back is once again one of the most valuable roles in the NFL right now.
Definitely... it just makes the Akers' achilles injury hurt even more. Dude could've been an absolute stud, here if he lived up to the hype.

Zach Evans is definitely an intersting player but you'd need Cajones the size of Jupiter to start him this week (or be insanely desperate :lol: )

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:46 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:12 pm Zach Evans is definitely an intersting player but you'd need Cajones the size of Jupiter to start him this week (or be insanely desperate :lol: )
I'm starting him in a Redraft where it's all gone wrong and I'm in BYE week hell.

I promise my cajones aren't the size of Jupiter, they're just regular sized. :lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:18 am

yinzername wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:19 am not that anyone should feel great about it, but my money is on Royce to have the most productive day. he's a vet who went thru camp, knows the nuances of the NFL and knows the Rams O. he may not be the strongest runner, but he's got solid rec ability. if he can just execute McVay's system well enough in a decent game script, at home against the Steelers, he should provide serviceable numbers for anyone scrambling due to byes and injuries...he said to himself over and over again in desperation, lol
If I had a dollar for every time I’ve been burned my Royce Freeman, I’d have a fistful of dollars