All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:37 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:12 am well? no training updates?
Everyone told me to stop posting in here, that nobody cared, and this thread should go away. So I stopped posting on September 11th. I haven't posted in three days. Since the 11th there have been 16 posts—none of them mine.

So, what do you all want? You're keeping this alive. I'm happy to take my lumps, and to have an interesting conversation over the course of the year to see what the Bears do, but all I heard were complaints about this thread.

So, which is it?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:44 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:37 am
Everyone told me to stop posting in here, that nobody cared, and this thread should go away. So I stopped posting on September 11th. I haven't posted in three days. Since the 11th there have been 16 posts—none of them mine.

So, what do you all want? You're keeping this alive. I'm happy to take my lumps, and to have an interesting conversation over the course of the year to see what the Bears do, but all I heard were complaints about this thread.

So, which is it?
It’s a couple dudes complaining. Most of us don’t care and a few seem to enjoy it. You can’t please everyone. You do you. You’re not hurting anyone.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:58 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:44 am

So, which is it?
It’s a couple dudes complaining. Most of us don’t care and a few seem to enjoy it. You can’t please everyone. You do you. You’re not hurting anyone.
this. i have fun taking the piss and this is a great thread for that.
those that go to great lengths to tell everyone and their dog how much they don't care about something should just be ignored.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:12 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:58 am
ericanadian wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:44 am

So, which is it?
this. i have fun taking the piss and this is a great thread for that.
those that go to great lengths to tell everyone and their dog how much they don't care about something should just be ignored.
Yeah, I thought people were just posting in good fun since the Bears loss. That was my intention. A good (and well deserved) ribbing. Your post was clearly a joke, I don't think it got missed by some people.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:18 am

Okay, well, then I guess this thread lives.

For me, I think this week is really important to see if there is anything here or if this team is in fact still a disaster:

• Did Claypool loaf or is he actually going to be anything?
• Fields said he wasn't aggressive enough and needs to trust his WRs. Good. Do that.
• Definitely need to see more from DJM.
• RBs were actually pretty good overall, so I'm not too concerned here.
• OL was not good, so hopefully the start to gel, and we need Jenkins back.
• Can the play-calling and schemes improve? They need to.
• Can we get off of ZONE def? Isn't good for our CBs/LBs IMO.
• Gordon to IR sucks.

I think this week it can be a win, but who knows.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:59 am

Paul717 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:56 am
brward wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:34 pm I’ve watched a good amount of JT’s QB school and this is the most ruthless he’s ever been. Highly recommend this one. Compare it to the Purdy video he also just released. Night and day
Oh sorry, I missed this comment before my prior post. Agreed, this is a great Twitter follow. Is he new on Twitter? I admit this is the first year I'm seeing some of his stuff. Also...dumb question...who is it? A former NFL QB?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._O'Sullivan

His YT is solid. I have been watching it since that 2021 draft class.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheQBSchool

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:01 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:18 am Okay, well, then I guess this thread lives.

For me, I think this week is really important to see if there is anything here or if this team is in fact still a disaster:

• Fields said he wasn't aggressive enough and needs to trust his WRs. Good. Do that.
• Gordon to IR sucks.

Claypool was a terrible trade at the time and it only looks worse and worse.

https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/ ... 05678?s=20

Maybe if he gets his head out of his a$$, he will be alright, but when the Steelers trade away a WR, its not a good sign.

I agree the RB should be fine and the OL was dreadful

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:25 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:18 am Okay, well, then I guess this thread lives.

• Gordon to IR sucks.

I'm not sure what about this game excites you. TB defense is solid vs a bad bears offense. TB has two very good, highly experienced WRs against a pretty poor CHI defense. The only way the Bears win this is if Baker comes out and Bakers it.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:01 am

• Gordon to IR sucks.

Maybe if he gets his head out of his a$$, he will be alright, but when the Steelers trade away a WR, its not a good sign.

I wasn't that big on him before the trade, and thought it was a bit of an overpay, but really thinking this may soon be a bust. I hope not. Hope he gets it figured out.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:42 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:25 am

• Gordon to IR sucks.

I'm not sure what about this game excites you. TB defense is solid vs a bad bears offense. TB has two very good, highly experienced WRs against a pretty poor CHI defense. The only way the Bears win this is if Baker comes out and Bakers it.
Any given Sunday I guess? I think TBB is good, but not elite. This was a game I had as a possible win, unlike games against KC and BUF. Baker is the key I think for sure.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:45 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:42 am

• Gordon to IR sucks.

Any given Sunday I guess? I think TBB is good, but not elite. This was a game I had as a possible win, unlike games against KC and BUF. Baker is the key I think for sure.
Certainly a chance. I'm curious, after last week are the Bears favored in many games going forward? Curious what Vegas thinks.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am

https://youtu.be/v287a2fcSP8?si=FibLirBwidcH7WM7&t=305

Some in depth Bears stuff here.

Here's some reference in regards to the Claypool comments.

https://twitter.com/MaxMarkhamNFL/statu ... 2578653282
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:13 am https://youtu.be/v287a2fcSP8?si=FibLirBwidcH7WM7&t=305

Some in depth Bears stuff here.

Here's some reference in regards to the Claypool comments.

https://twitter.com/MaxMarkhamNFL/statu ... 2578653282
Yikes.. that blocking was embarrassing.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:16 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:45 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:42 am

Certainly a chance. I'm curious, after last week are the Bears favored in many games going forward? Curious what Vegas thinks.
I can't imagine they are after last week.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:15 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:01 am

• Gordon to IR sucks.

Claypool is as talented as he wants to be. People don’t understand that his movement skills for his size are unmatched. Thought the trade was fine at the time. Although I’m an OG Mapletron truther. Idk what happened to him mentally. Sad.