General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: DLF Etiquette

Postby Ice » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:30 am

CGW wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:19 am
Anteaters wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:10 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:42 am Use the block feature.
I can't endorse this enough. There are two members I've blocked and it's been a much better forum for me since I did that. I highly recommend the Block button. That way, you don't have to actively ignore what you see, because you never see it in the first place.
This is a test. (Was it me?)
I would consider it a compliment if I was the one he blocked.

I have more fun openly ignoring a few or laughing at the nonsense. 👍
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:35 am

FF is correct just block or ignore, it works for me these days.

Letting others ruffle your feathers too much is an issue and leads to an unhappy miserable life!

Life is too short, Enjoy! 🍻
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:11 am

CGW wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:19 am
Anteaters wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:10 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:42 am Use the block feature.
I can't endorse this enough. There are two members I've blocked and it's been a much better forum for me since I did that. I highly recommend the Block button. That way, you don't have to actively ignore what you see, because you never see it in the first place.
This is a test. (Was it me?)
:lol:
No.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:07 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:56 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:42 am Going to bump this post, after 15 pages of nonsense. I want to say that the best way to deal with people you don't get along with, at a certain point is to NOT ENGAGE. Don't respond to their posts, even if they respond to yours. Just don't engage. Don't take the bait. Use the block feature. The interactions of yourself and others will be better if you do. If you continue to engage with someone who you don't agree with, beyond the scope of FF, it's going to empower them further, to take up threads on their personal opinions, and derail the topic.

I'm personally near the point where being on this forum is no longer something I want to do, if things continue down the path they have for the past few days. I'm here to get away from stuff like that, and talk some football, with people of varying opinions, on football.
There should be moderation on people who are purposely saying things that create the response. Ignoring is what we can do, but it doesn't solve the overall issue.

People shouldn't have to be told to tune out someone talking loudly in a movie theater, for example. The theater should you know, do something about that and set precedent.
I said at a certain point. Unfortunately, moderation doesn't seem to be happening. Engaging just gives the attention people seek. I understand what you're saying, and the routine is old, playing the victim and playing dumb on the intent of their posts isn't fooling anyone here, not sure if that's really the goal though, likely the goal is to get people more upset and engage. It's bait, and people are taking it. Without moderators, the best course of action is to ignore completely, or else you are giving attention to it, that is being sought.
Moderation is happening, we do not always make it very obvious. In many cases, we message the users directly and delete off-topic posts. If you are having an issue with a post or individual, blocking and/or reporting are possible solutions. Please reach out to me directly if you have any questions.