Training Camp Hype 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Training Camp Hype 2023

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:51 am

"WR Hollywood Brown said he feels the healthiest he’s been entering a preseason."

(There's also talk that he' in the best shape of his life) :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:51 am "WR Hollywood Brown said he feels the healthiest he’s been entering a preseason."

(There's also talk that he' in the best shape of his life) :lol:
Crashes always come when people start saying there is the all clear. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:31 am

Eagles backfield looks like a nightmare. Penny, lead back. Swift, primary satellite back, but Gainwell the primary 4 minute drill back. Scott and Sermon battling for the 4th spot.

https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/ ... 9566254082

and Gainwell clouding things further.

"Gainwell has increasingly been the team’s early down back where he’s getting touches as a runner. I thought that might be where Penny finds himself, but Gainwell has undoubtedly had a stronger camp. He’s gotten the vast majority of first-team carries and excelled there on Wednesday."
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:37 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:31 am Eagles backfield looks like a nightmare. Penny, lead back. Swift, primary satellite back, but Gainwell the primary 4 minute drill back. Scott and Sermon battling for the 4th spot.

"Gainwell has increasingly been the team’s early down back where he’s getting touches as a runner. I thought that might be where Penny finds himself, but Gainwell has undoubtedly had a stronger camp. He’s gotten the vast majority of first-team carries and excelled there on Wednesday."
Huge RBBC. If they stay healthy. So who takes the lead when Penny goes down? Swift? How many carries will he be able to handle? Gainwell is best suited as the satellite back too so I guess it could work.

Nightmare because it genuinely could shake out any direction. Not to mention Hurts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:39 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:37 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:31 am Eagles backfield looks like a nightmare. Penny, lead back. Swift, primary satellite back, but Gainwell the primary 4 minute drill back. Scott and Sermon battling for the 4th spot.

Huge RBBC. If they stay healthy. So who takes the lead when Penny goes down? Swift? How many carries will he be able to handle? Gainwell is best suited as the satellite back too so I guess it could work.

Nightmare because it genuinely could shake out any direction. Not to mention Hurts
Gainwell for his price is the best value. Essentially free
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:42 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:39 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:37 am

Gainwell for his price is the best value. Essentially free
Ultimately, I think Swift is a decent value as well now, but you can't beat free and Gainwell is a better PPR play too

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:55 am

I’ve been holding Swift for a bit and got him as a pretty cheap add-on when I acquired Chase. I feel much better about him being in Philly on a team that showed that they really want him there. I’m hoping he does that thing where a player that misses time for bumps and bruises magically stays healthy all year when they get to a place they are excited to play. CMC is a prime example for me. It’s a bold assumption but it seems a little odd that CMC couldn’t stay on the field in Carolina then he is magically bulletproof in SF. Maybe just a coincidence. Penny would scare me more as his injuries always seem to be devastating when they happen. Swift misses some weeks. Penny misses seasons. Give me Swift all day.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:01 am

Me holding Swift and Penny hoping that they can be good enough to be startable like Ingram/Kamara for those couple of seasons, and keep each other's usage low enough so that they can both play a full season.

I reckon they will start the season with neither being productive enough to be worth starting, then one will go down with a catastrophic injury, and the other will get hot for a game or two then will be plagued by nagging injuries that limits him to the point that he is still not startable

Really hoping I am proven wrong though
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:05 am

Gazzerk wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:55 am I’ve been holding Swift for a bit and got him as a pretty cheap add-on when I acquired Chase. I feel much better about him being in Philly on a team that showed that they really want him there. I’m hoping he does that thing where a player that misses time for bumps and bruises magically stays healthy all year when they get to a place they are excited to play. CMC is a prime example for me. It’s a bold assumption but it seems a little odd that CMC couldn’t stay on the field in Carolina then he is magically bulletproof in SF. Maybe just a coincidence. Penny would scare me more as his injuries always seem to be devastating when they happen. Swift misses some weeks. Penny misses seasons. Give me Swift all day.
They got him for free, basically. IF they extended him, they'd show that they really want him there. The price indicates the Lions really didn't want him, more than the Eagles wanted him. He was a super cheap 1 year rental, as it stands now. I honestly don't think there's more upside than there was in Detroit. He's not going to get more touches, and Philly was dead last in RB targets last year, I don't expect Hurts and that system to start suddenly peppering the RB's with targets.

CMC had 1 year in SF, we shall see. Shouldn't gloss over that he played 3 straight years in Carolina without missing a game, to start his career. The year after his touch count was massively increased was when he started getting hurt. CMC also didn't miss time for bumps and bruises, they were legitimate, season ending type injuries.
Janiel Dones Truther

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:01 pm

Gazzerk wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:55 am I’ve been holding Swift for a bit and got him as a pretty cheap add-on when I acquired Chase. I feel much better about him being in Philly on a team that showed that they really want him there. I’m hoping he does that thing where a player that misses time for bumps and bruises magically stays healthy all year when they get to a place they are excited to play. CMC is a prime example for me. It’s a bold assumption but it seems a little odd that CMC couldn’t stay on the field in Carolina then he is magically bulletproof in SF. Maybe just a coincidence. Penny would scare me more as his injuries always seem to be devastating when they happen. Swift misses some weeks. Penny misses seasons. Give me Swift all day.
I think he might play through a bit more in a contract year, but who knows what Philly will do with him. I’ve got him pretty much everywhere. Hoping he rebuilds his value a bit this year. Even if he just stays healthy, that would be a great first step.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:05 pm

FWIW:
"Browns Cedric Tillman Making Strides as a Rookie; Gets High Praise from Hall of Fame Wide Receiver."
"Cedric Tillman is reportedly thought to be the “best young receiver” to enter the NFL in the past 15 years by Randy Moss (HOF WR).
Moss also said it’s “not even close” and that every owner in the NFL should be “pissed” they passed on him."

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-bro ... 0/#2209573
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:58 pm

MucBuc wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:05 pm FWIW:
"Browns Cedric Tillman Making Strides as a Rookie; Gets High Praise from Hall of Fame Wide Receiver."
"Cedric Tillman is reportedly thought to be the “best young receiver” to enter the NFL in the past 15 years by Randy Moss (HOF WR).
Moss also said it’s “not even close” and that every owner in the NFL should be “pissed” they passed on him."

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:57 pm

AJB got his wisdom teeth out and he went live! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smitty!
https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/sta ... 3605002240

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:51 am

MucBuc wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:05 pm FWIW:

Love that one of the clips is a false start
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:39 am

https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/stat ... 4082683904

JSN not out there during 12. 11 personnel.
Janiel Dones Truther