Post Rookie Draft Help

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
TheGoat21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Post Rookie Draft Help

Postby TheGoat21 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:31 am

We just had our rookie draft for team one in sig and I am liking my lineup to go for it this year, but just want to round out my starting lineup as the final WR spot will need to be filled by JSN, QJ, Flowers, Downs or Elijah Moore and my other flex is Javonte who I think will have a tougher year in the beginning as he gets back into the swing of things.

I have a fair amount of depth and young talent with future picks and was wondering who some win now players are I should target who could be deals to top off the lineup or should I sell off some youth to try and get another stud?

I also could just sit and see how the season plays out and make a move later in the year.

Thoughts at all?
12 Team Superflex .5ppr / .8ppr for TE
Start: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 Flex, SFlex

QB: Dak, Fields, Dobbs, Bagent
RB: JT, Bijan, Gibbs, Dobbins, Jackson, Vaughn
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Diontae, JSN, QJ, Flowers, Elijah, Downs, Nacua, Boutte, Phillips, Ross, Palmer, Tolbert
TE: Pitts, Fant, Ferguson, Likely, Turner, Albert O

2x 2025 1st

10 team .5ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE, 2 Flex

QB: Fields, Dak
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, Akers, Zeke
WR: JJeff, CD, JSN, Downs, Elijah, Mooney, Meyers, Doubs, Reed
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Musgrave, Albert O, Kmet

2024 1st, 2x 2025 1st

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Post Rookie Draft Help

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 18, 2023 7:44 am

I would look for price friendly options that are safer producers. Maximize your value that way. You have a young build so adding a cheap vet or two may be a good way to go. Keenan Allen is always my go to for a cheap WR would will likely put up double digits weekly but still has a decently high ceiling for his price. Other somewhat affordable onions who should produce are: Hopkins, Ridley and with the QB concerns. check in on Evans and Godwin.

He is another second half hope, but Kamara could be dirt cheap from the right manager. Huge gamble but he could pay off when it matters most...fantasy playoff time.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu May 18, 2023 9:15 am

I like the Kamara / Allen suggestions from Gator Sens.

I'll also put out this: don't do anything. With so much youth and upside, you have the rare gift of quality AND quantity. Some of your young players will hit, some will struggle, and some will miss. But you're not dependent on any single player given how many you have. Maybe your WRs are the ones that have the annual second-half rookie-year spike. Maybe Javonte starts the year healthy, you start 4RBs each week, and don't need any more WRs. You can easily fill a starting lineup now. I'm not 100% you're a definite contender, but it's a clear path to it happening. And you are SO young that your window is actually really 2024+. Anything this year is a huge bonus.

If you can get Kamara / Allen, etc. for cheap, do it. Being so young and deep allows you to give up some future draft capital without sacrificing your upside. But I think I'd rather wait and see who develops and how. You can trade for vets in-season, too (they might be a little more pricey then, but that way you also know if you need the players or not).

One final but critical note: Your entire team is on a very huge QB precipice. Dak and Fields both have a wide range of short-term and long-term outcomes, and you have nothing behind them. If you're going to do anything, I'd look to lock up a young, top-end QB. One injury there or simple under-performance could tank your whole season and your future build.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

TheGoat21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheGoat21 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:17 pm

moishetreats wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:15 am I like the Kamara / Allen suggestions from Gator Sens.

I'll also put out this: don't do anything. With so much youth and upside, you have the rare gift of quality AND quantity. Some of your young players will hit, some will struggle, and some will miss. But you're not dependent on any single player given how many you have. Maybe your WRs are the ones that have the annual second-half rookie-year spike. Maybe Javonte starts the year healthy, you start 4RBs each week, and don't need any more WRs. You can easily fill a starting lineup now. I'm not 100% you're a definite contender, but it's a clear path to it happening. And you are SO young that your window is actually really 2024+. Anything this year is a huge bonus.

If you can get Kamara / Allen, etc. for cheap, do it. Being so young and deep allows you to give up some future draft capital without sacrificing your upside. But I think I'd rather wait and see who develops and how. You can trade for vets in-season, too (they might be a little more pricey then, but that way you also know if you need the players or not).

One final but critical note: Your entire team is on a very huge QB precipice. Dak and Fields both have a wide range of short-term and long-term outcomes, and you have nothing behind them. If you're going to do anything, I'd look to lock up a young, top-end QB. One injury there or simple under-performance could tank your whole season and your future build.
Yea I am slightly mad at myself for not taking a QB. We do auction rookie draft and I could have gotten Stroud or Bryce for the amount I got QJ and Flowers for. I will say though I am a believer in Dak and Fields though.

One owner reached out to be about Diontae. What do you think about Diontae for the equivalent of like a late first to early second in auction equivalent draft capital for 2024?
12 Team Superflex .5ppr / .8ppr for TE
Start: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 Flex, SFlex

QB: Dak, Fields, Dobbs, Bagent
RB: JT, Bijan, Gibbs, Dobbins, Jackson, Vaughn
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Diontae, JSN, QJ, Flowers, Elijah, Downs, Nacua, Boutte, Phillips, Ross, Palmer, Tolbert
TE: Pitts, Fant, Ferguson, Likely, Turner, Albert O

2x 2025 1st

10 team .5ppr
Start QB,2RB,3WR,TE, 2 Flex

QB: Fields, Dak
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, Akers, Zeke
WR: JJeff, CD, JSN, Downs, Elijah, Mooney, Meyers, Doubs, Reed
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Musgrave, Albert O, Kmet

2024 1st, 2x 2025 1st

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu May 18, 2023 1:37 pm

TheGoat21 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:17 pm Yea I am slightly mad at myself for not taking a QB. We do auction rookie draft and I could have gotten Stroud or Bryce for the amount I got QJ and Flowers for. I will say though I am a believer in Dak and Fields though.

One owner reached out to be about Diontae. What do you think about Diontae for the equivalent of like a late first to early second in auction equivalent draft capital for 2024?
Ouch!!

Early 2nd, yes, Diontae. 1st, not for me for the reasons I shared above. I'd want to hoard those 1st-round picks right now unless I'm trading for a player that I know is a meaningful upgrade to what I have. Not sure Diontae is that.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:42 pm

TheGoat21 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:17 pm
moishetreats wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:15 am I like the Kamara / Allen suggestions from Gator Sens.

Yea I am slightly mad at myself for not taking a QB. We do auction rookie draft and I could have gotten Stroud or Bryce for the amount I got QJ and Flowers for. I will say though I am a believer in Dak and Fields though.

I like that idea for you plus I don't like the 24 draft like this year's and people will be trying to get those 24 picks after missing out on players this year...you have an advantage in that you can give those up because of your youth. I would do that for diontae.
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu May 18, 2023 10:28 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:44 am.

He is another second half hope, but Kamara could be dirt cheap from the right manager. Huge gamble but he could pay off when it matters most...fantasy playoff time.
Love Mr Second Half League Winner
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5