2023 Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2023 Draft

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:22 pm

Zach Evans in LA is a nice depth chart to land on. Capital sucks, but he's a 5 star recruit, if he gets it together, it wouldn't be the toughest place to get on the field some.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:36 pm

Dallas blatantly drafted for need and not BPA. A 300+lb run-stopping interior DL vs an athletic freak Edge rusher or CB/WR just isn't as exciting no matter how you look at it.

But anyone who watched full games of Dallas last year knows run defense was the worst part of the team. They got worked and worn out late in games. Mazi Smith likely was the most impactful player on their board at Pick 26.

Same logic behind selecting a TE after watching their starting TE leave in free agency. Historically, a lot of great TEs have come after the 1st round and even into the 3rd. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I know who the good ones are gonna turn out to be. Nobody does. Schoonmaker has got the prototypical size and athletic profile and that's about as far as anyone can go predicting NFL production at the next level.

I'm more than OK getting the top run-stopping D-lineman and still a pretty good shot at hitting on a complete TE vs spending up on Kincaid, then having to settle for a D-linemen you "hope" can stop the run still having doubts on whether either of those issues will be fixed going into next year.

A lot of contending team's suffer from the same "bad draft" criticisms.

The Eagles of late defy physics; they just happen to have Jeffery Lurie and Howie Roseman vs Dallas having the Jones family....... It's not common to have high draft picks and a stacked roster and an actual willingness and conviction to move around the draft.

But the Niners, Chiefs, etc when you're already a good football team, you kinda just end up taking what you need.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:02 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:36 pm Dallas blatantly drafted for need and not BPA. A 300+lb run-stopping interior DL vs an athletic freak Edge rusher or CB/WR just isn't as exciting no matter how you look at it.

But anyone who watched full games of Dallas last year knows run defense was the worst part of the team. They got worked and worn out late in games. Mazi Smith likely was the most impactful player on their board at Pick 26.

Same logic behind selecting a TE after watching their starting TE leave in free agency. Historically, a lot of great TEs have come after the 1st round and even into the 3rd. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I know who the good ones are gonna turn out to be. Nobody does. Schoonmaker has got the prototypical size and athletic profile and that's about as far as anyone can go predicting NFL production at the next level.

I'm more than OK getting the top run-stopping D-lineman and still a pretty good shot at hitting on a complete TE vs spending up on Kincaid, then having to settle for a D-linemen you "hope" can stop the run still having doubts on whether either of those issues will be fixed going into next year.

The Eagles of late defy physics; they just happen to have Jeffery Lurie and Howie Roseman vs Dallas having the Jones family....... It's not common to have high draft picks and a stacked roster and an actual willingness and conviction to move around the draft.

But the Niners, Chiefs, etc when you're already a good football team, you kinda just end up taking what you need.
Agree with your post.

I will say teams rarely draft the best player someone else thinks is available. Teams actually draft their best player available that fills a need. That is how the NFL really works. It sounds nice taking the best player available but position value is vastly different. The top tier DT's are now making in the 20 million plus range. That position, especially this draft, is way harder to get than a TE when there are 9 really good ones this year.

Dallas is very good at scouting and drafting talent. Like all teams they will miss from time to time but what other NFL team has sent 9 of the last 11 1st round picks to the pro bowl? There is a better than fair chance they will make it 10 of the last 12 with Mazi Smith.

Anyway, I liked the draft for them. It wasn't sexy but they really improved the defense and drafted a TE that profiles much better than any they have had since Witten.

Like all drafts we will see in a few years if they chose wisely.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:37 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:36 pm Dallas blatantly drafted for need and not BPA. A 300+lb run-stopping interior DL vs an athletic freak Edge rusher or CB/WR just isn't as exciting no matter how you look at it.

Here we go. I'm no Boys fan but I was asking for that mazi smith pick in the 1st when they were OTC. Great get for a team need, especially with Philly's tush push to get Hurts those short yardage conversions.

Schoon was another good get- in fantasy, good combo of talent landing in opportunity.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:10 am

Just came here to say GO PHILLY DAWGS, Superbowl appearances for the next 10 years.

That’s all.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Gus, Ford, Mitchell, Kendre, Tucker, Laube, Tracy
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:22 pm Zach Evans in LA is a nice depth chart to land on. Capital sucks, but he's a 5 star recruit, if he gets it together, it wouldn't be the toughest place to get on the field some.
Moved him up a round on my draft board due to landing spot. Many don't believe in Akers or Kyren and somebody needs to run the ball so he seems a solid target in late rounds.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Daniels
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Keenan Kirk ZJones RMoore
Hock Kittle
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:59 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:56 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:43 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:20 pm

He was a reach thats what I know. The Cowboys got bullied this entire draft. Stop defending bad picks.
Go ahead and put the crow on Ice. You will be eating it in a couple of years.

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

You wanted a TE in round 1 when the need was DT, a far more important position.

Dallas drafted a very high upside player there. You’re crying about a friggen 6th round RB and want to hit a wall. Really?????

Dallas needs to stop Hurts and Barkley

They drafted a monster at DT that neither line will move him and one of the best Spy LB in the draft ensuring Parsons can stay at DE most of the time.

The grabbed a TE that can block and catch.

No hope though from angry Bot 101 the super scout.
A run stuffing DT... ok. Go die on that hill. You are a homer, you praise nearly everything they do and yet havent wont shhhh in nearly 3 decades now. Keep buying what Jerruh is selling you.
Dallas needed a run stuffer bad , yes Kincaid was the Bling(i wanted the Bling)but this will be a much better pick than given credit for, we all know most every team ran it down Dallas throat all season this will help. Schooner will be fine in this offense, remember this is lambs offense not any TE. The biggest problem in Dallas is Dak he is a QB who chokes in games against the better competition. I think all Cowboys fans cannot wait until Jones is not there any more but is stephen any better we shall see.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:18 am

Must we continue all of this Cowboys banter? We all already know the Cowboys suck and their fans are even worse. Only thing they are good at doing is selecting in the first rounds and leaving their fans disappointed every year.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:45 am

It’s a real bummer that Tucker went undrafted and likely needs to stay undrafted in fantasy rookie drafts. It has to be due to his health issue. Feel bad for the kid. He had a lot of promise. It feels like he should just focus on his health at this stage and step away from the game.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:47 am

Gazzerk wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:45 am It’s a real bummer that Tucker went undrafted and likely needs to stay undrafted in fantasy rookie drafts. It has to be due to his health issue. Feel bad for the kid. He had a lot of promise. It feels like he should just focus on his health at this stage and step away from the game.
He was cleared, so I'm not going to say he should give up on his dream. Teams clearly don't want to risk drafting him with capital for the position he plays, which is low on the NFL value scale. Mo Hurst (DL) was supposed to be a top 50 pick and went in the 5th a few years back, due to a heart thing, he was able to carve out a solid career.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:50 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:47 am
Gazzerk wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:45 am It’s a real bummer that Tucker went undrafted and likely needs to stay undrafted in fantasy rookie drafts. It has to be due to his health issue. Feel bad for the kid. He had a lot of promise. It feels like he should just focus on his health at this stage and step away from the game.
He was cleared, so I'm not going to say he should give up on his dream. Teams clearly don't want to risk drafting him with capital for the position he plays, which is low on the NFL value scale. Mo Hurst (DL) was supposed to be a top 50 pick and went in the 5th a few years back, due to a heart thing, he was able to carve out a solid career.
True. I think heart stuff just always freaks me out. If he was cleared to play then he’s probably okay to do so and I’m sure a team will give him a crack as an UFA. Maybe he’ll be the next Arian Foster.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes, Caleb Williams
RB - Bijan, Najee, Mostert, Chase Brown, Jaylen Wright, T. Tracy
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, Odunze, JSN, Jameson Williams, Downs, QJ, Pearsall
TE - Andrews, Kelce, Bowers
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2025 1st, 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd
2027 1st, 2nd, 3rd

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:51 am

Agree. He was signed pretty fast after the end of the draft. That is telling also. It isn’t like Justyn Ross last year where it was several days after the draft before he was even signed.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:52 am

Gazzerk wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:50 am
True. I think heart stuff just always freaks me out. If he was cleared to play then he’s probably okay to do so and I’m sure a team will give him a crack as an UFA. Maybe he’ll be the next Arian Foster.
He signed with Tampa Bay already.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:53 am

saw061600 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:44 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:22 pm Zach Evans in LA is a nice depth chart to land on. Capital sucks, but he's a 5 star recruit, if he gets it together, it wouldn't be the toughest place to get on the field some.
Moved him up a round on my draft board due to landing spot. Many don't believe in Akers or Kyren and somebody needs to run the ball so he seems a solid target in late rounds.
Was that after you knocked him down 2 rounds for going undrafted? This was a guy that was supposed to be a day 2 pick not long ago. Very bad fall

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:53 am
saw061600 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:44 am
Was that after you knocked him down 2 rounds for going undrafted? This was a guy that was supposed to be a day 2 pick not long ago. Very bad fall
He was drafted in round 6.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Daniels
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel