1st round draft quick reactions?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 1st round draft quick reactions?

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:28 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:24 am Ok after sleeping on it heres my thoughts on rnd 1

Bryce Young - 1.01 capital, not a great spot though. Not much for weapons right now.

CJ Stroud - Also excellent capital, maybe slightly better spot than Young.

Anthony Richardson - Excellent capital, favorite landing spot for the QBs.

Bijan Robinson - Excellent capital, idiotic pick. Pitts, London, Bijan led by... Ridder? Falcons run the air out of the ball but do they pass to the RBs much?

Jahmyr Gibbs - Wow that was earlier than expected but even worse pick than Atlanta. Obviously the smoke of them moving on from Swift is legit. Montgomery will be the thunder to Gibbs lightning.

JSN - initially didnt like the spot. Slept on it, I am neutral now. Lockett has a potential out after this season and will be 31 this year. I can see mid season JSN overtaking Lockett and I think he perfectly compliments DK. Geno Smith is the real issue here beyond this season. If he implodes, they taking a QB next season.

Quentin Johnston - got the dream landing spot with 1st rnd capital. Much to the chagrin to his haters. Like the player but dont love him. With the capital and landing spot he definitely goes up in my rankings.

Zay Flowers - Initially I was crushed. The Ravens have always been a fantasy wasteland for wide receivers. However, I remembered that Greg Roman is out and Todd Monken is in, who uses a lot of 3 receiver sets and passes a lot more. So.... maybe not terrible? Bateman is an unknown, OBJ is old and busted. So I can see a scenario where Flowers is the #2 pass catching option behind Andrews.

Jordan Addison - I like the spot a lot. Everyone knew the Vikings needed a WR 2 behind Jefferson. Nothing to complain about here.

Dalton Kincaid - I sat there watching my Cowboys get sniped and the dumbfounded looks on the faces in their war room on live tv actually made me happy. Someone trades up 1 spot in front of them seemingly every year. Im glad it was the Bills though who have only gushed about Kincaid's hands and routes which is what we want him used for in fantasy.
Agree with a lot of this. QJ gets a solid landing spot and I hope it gets him drafted before my picks. Flowers landing spot is being underrated right now, imo. Push came to shove right now, I think I'd take Flowers over QJ

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:37 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:28 am
Bot101 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:24 am Ok after sleeping on it heres my thoughts on rnd 1

Bryce Young - 1.01 capital, not a great spot though. Not much for weapons right now.

Bijan Robinson - Excellent capital, idiotic pick. Pitts, London, Bijan led by... Ridder? Falcons run the air out of the ball but do they pass to the RBs much?

Jahmyr Gibbs - Wow that was earlier than expected but even worse pick than Atlanta. Obviously the smoke of them moving on from Swift is legit. Montgomery will be the thunder to Gibbs lightning.

JSN - initially didnt like the spot. Slept on it, I am neutral now. Lockett has a potential out after this season and will be 31 this year. I can see mid season JSN overtaking Lockett and I think he perfectly compliments DK. Geno Smith is the real issue here beyond this season. If he implodes, they taking a QB next season.

Quentin Johnston - got the dream landing spot with 1st rnd capital. Much to the chagrin to his haters. Like the player but dont love him. With the capital and landing spot he definitely goes up in my rankings.

Zay Flowers - Initially I was crushed. The Ravens have always been a fantasy wasteland for wide receivers. However, I remembered that Greg Roman is out and Todd Monken is in, who uses a lot of 3 receiver sets and passes a lot more. So.... maybe not terrible? Bateman is an unknown, OBJ is old and busted. So I can see a scenario where Flowers is the #2 pass catching option behind Andrews.

Jordan Addison - I like the spot a lot. Everyone knew the Vikings needed a WR 2 behind Jefferson. Nothing to complain about here.

Dalton Kincaid - I sat there watching my Cowboys get sniped and the dumbfounded looks on the faces in their war room on live tv actually made me happy. Someone trades up 1 spot in front of them seemingly every year. Im glad it was the Bills though who have only gushed about Kincaid's hands and routes which is what we want him used for in fantasy.
Agree with a lot of this. QJ gets a solid landing spot and I hope it gets him drafted before my picks. Flowers landing spot is being underrated right now, imo. Push came to shove right now, I think I'd take Flowers over QJ
Honestly, I have no desire to take the short WRs and am willing to be wrong on those guys. So him landing in Baltimore just made it easier for me to pass over him. That is one player I won't have on any of my rosters.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:28 am

I agree with Flowers' landing spot being underrated, look at the previous undersized WR who plays in Arizona now and how he performed within Roman's offense. Expecting a bit more passing with Monken as well and OBJ doesn't move the needle at this point in his career for me.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:47 am

My first reaction is that I’m annoyed I have to reevaluate QJ. I thought he would slide and I didn’t like much that I know about him.

Richardson is firmly my 2nd qb behind Young.

Texans are blowing draft capital like idiots without a solid plan.

Detroit and Atlanta can’t keep from being mediocre even when they try.

The wrs all profile as wr2s on their own team. What I expected but Ugh. There were more drafted in the 1st than I expected though

Tight ends a little weaker than expected. I’d heard likely 3 up to even 5.

Stick a fork in Levis and Hooker.

I think there will be more rbs and wrs drafted in the 2nd and 3rd now with Gibbs and wr group going earlier than I expected. Will push some teams to move on rb and wr slightly earlier.

Tight end run coming soon as well.

2nd round should be fun.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:51 am

I didn't get why there were some saying JSN/Seattle was a bad landing spot.

- Lockett is in his 30s, and will slow down at some point during JSN's contract
- Metcalf takes primary coverage away
- Geno is drastically improved

JSN is going to get fed in the slot pretty well over the years.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:17 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:59 am For 1QB, PPR, rookie draft:
Like - Bijon to ATL and Addison to MIN
Dislike - mostly everything else
I agree and as the owner of the 1.1 and 1.4 in a 1QB PPR I'm thinking Addison is the pick over QJ. I would think JSN and Gibbs pretty much locked in at 2 & 3 with the order pending team need.

Could Addison, QJ or Charb in a great landing spot knock JSN or Gibbs beyond the 1.3?
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:27 am

dmac37 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:17 am
tstafford wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:59 am For 1QB, PPR, rookie draft:
Like - Bijon to ATL and Addison to MIN
Dislike - mostly everything else
I agree and as the owner of the 1.1 and 1.4 in a 1QB PPR I'm thinking Addison is the pick over QJ. I would think JSN and Gibbs pretty much locked in at 2 & 3 with the order pending team need.

Could Addison, QJ or Charb in a great landing spot knock JSN or Gibbs beyond the 1.3?
Not for me. But everyone is fair game after Gibby and JSN
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:36 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:16 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:14 am Oh shoot, Kincaid being the #1 TE taken and Michael Mayer not taken in the 1st round has given me pause on Mayer being worth a late 1st pick in rookie drafts. TEs we know have been fools gold to draft high, but I had thought Mayer was a worthwhile exception. Now not sure.
TEs are never worth 1st rnd picks in dynasty rookie drafts.
What about in a 1QB, start 2 TE league?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:43 am

How about the Texans trading for the #3? #12, #33, 24 1st, 24 3rd? So many holes and they blew A LOT of capital

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:59 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:43 am How about the Texans trading for the #3? #12, #33, 24 1st, 24 3rd? So many holes and they blew A LOT of capital
And they gave their own 1st, not Cleveland's. People talking like they're excited about it, Houston going for it. Even if things go well for the Texans, that pick is, what, still top 10?

Will Anderson needs to be better than the best Bosa rookie year to be anywhere near worth validating this trade.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:17 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:51 am I didn't get why there were some saying JSN/Seattle was a bad landing spot.

- Lockett is in his 30s, and will slow down at some point during JSN's contract
- Metcalf takes primary coverage away
- Geno is drastically improved

JSN is going to get fed in the slot pretty well over the years.
Yeah JSN's spot I liked. He was never going to be an Alpha X wr

DK is the big bodied contested catch primary WR. Lockett is the aging deep threat on the other side. JSN gets to work magic in the slot.

It's a win for JSN being a top 12 fantasy WR. He never profiled as the next Justin Jefferson or Jamar Chase. If you take the next Tee Higgins with the 1.2 that's still a big win.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Achane, Dobbins, Algier, trash
WR: Nabers, Tank Dell, Addison, Shaheed, Thomas Jr. McConkey, K Coleman, JSN, QJ, S Jameson Williams, Corley, Polk, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, Juwan, Musgrave, Theo Johnson
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2025 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5
2026- 1,2,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2027

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:45 pm

My biggest two negative reactions - from both real-life and fantasy impact perspective - are the Lions' RB and Bills' TE picks.

Way too early on the back, neither were significant positional needs, and neither are likely have major year 1 impact.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:53 pm

In a 2ppr TEP, SF league…would it be crazy to consider Kincaid at 1.07 assuming the top 6 are chalk? Feel I’m going to be debating him, Addison, and QJ for the next week before rookie draft starts.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:06 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:53 pm In a 2ppr TEP, SF league…would it be crazy to consider Kincaid at 1.07 assuming the top 6 are chalk? Feel I’m going to be debating him, Addison, and QJ for the next week before rookie draft starts.
I would think that’s a smart play. In that setup I wouldn’t think taking him over JSN is crazy.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:10 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:45 pm My biggest two negative reactions - from both real-life and fantasy impact perspective - are the Lions' RB and Bills' TE picks.

Way too early on the back, neither were significant positional needs, and neither are likely have major year 1 impact.
If the coaching staff is completely done with Swift, you can ignore him on the depth chart. That leaves Monty, and little else. Gibbs addresses a significant need, and provides more receiving explosiveness than Montgomery.

If you think of Kincaid as simply a TE, then the pick could be confusing. If you see him as a receiving weapon, and perhaps the best pass catcher in this draft regardless of position, it makes more sense. Gabriel Davis, the lone big play weapon outside of Diggs, is entering the final year of his deal.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def