2023 Rookie QB rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2023 Rookie QB rankings

Postby Lumps » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 pm

Just watched Richardson's throws and it was the same thing his tape showed. All the outside tosses are WAY high.

Those bombs though.... oh my science.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:19 am

I may have been premature in putting Richardson ahead of Stroud. All I'm hearing today is how fluid and accurate Stroud was. So he may keep his spot. But Richardson has at least shown what he has.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:33 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:19 am I may have been premature in putting Richardson ahead of Stroud. All I'm hearing today is how fluid and accurate Stroud was. So he may keep his spot. But Richardson has at least shown what he has.
He looked very good throwing, but it's nothing we haven't already seen out of him in games. Just confirmation.

Here's his workout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41WFI-i ... hannel=NFL

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:40 am

I think the good news is that we probably have four solid QBs coming out this year. And that's good for fantasy. With a few fliers later.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:57 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:40 am I think the good news is that we probably have four solid QBs coming out this year. And that's good for fantasy. With a few fliers later.
So do you like Levis? I’m not sure how to feel about him. I have no concrete reason not to like him, I just have this gut feeling that he is going to be Zach Wilson 2.0.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:00 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:57 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:40 am I think the good news is that we probably have four solid QBs coming out this year. And that's good for fantasy. With a few fliers later.
So do you like Levis? I’m not sure how to feel about him. I have no concrete reason not to like him, I just have this gut feeling that he is going to be Zach Wilson 2.0.
2* solid QB's.

Not sure where he's getting 4 from after the underwear olympics, but hey.

We've got 4 fun prospects, though.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:13 pm

He puts mayonnaise in his coffee. Certified psychopath. Will be locked up and out of the league by 2nd year.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:33 pm

I see Jamarcus 2.0.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:13 pm

• Young seems to have overcome the size issue, so he's looking very good.
• Stroud threw well and seems to have solidified the hype on him.
• Richardson was extremely athletic, so while he may be boom/bust in the NFL in fantasy he should be good.
• Levis seems solid if not overly impressive in anything. I see a drop-off after him.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Dave_Ohio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dave_Ohio » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:11 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:38 am
ThunderTung wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:46 pm Just to clarify to everyone, my league is not SF.

And while I agree that BPA is usually the best course of action when drafting, QB is by far my weakest position atm. This is not to say im gonna go reach for someone if for whatever reason everyone else is gone.

When im prepping for drafts, I look at who i'd take if the draft was now, and right now if one of the top QB's is available, he'd for sure be my pick outside of one of my guys dropping, that I think would hold more value.

all of that to say, im just asking for opinions on the state of the QB class at this point, not what I should do in terms of addressing the glaring hole on my team
I’m in the same boat…1 QB and my QB group is so up in the air…legit could not have a starting QB week 1. I have picks 1, 2, and 9 and thinking I may draft QB 9 but there could be better players available. I likely have my choice between Young or Stroud. If I elect another WR or RB my next pick isn’t until like 20-22 I think…at best it would be Levi’s or Richardson and I don’t love their NFL prospects at all. Tough spot
I have similar thoughts on my team. Would like to get one of the top 2 qbs at 1.10 or 1.11. Next pick is 2.6 and not sure one of them will be there then.
Rainbow Warriors: 12 team, start qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, flx, 1ppr.
ARich,Goff
Bijan,Achane,Roschon,KMiller,Tucker
Lamb,DJM,Aiyuk,Flowers,MWilson,SMoore,Downs,
JReed,Mooney
Pitts,Kincaid

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:03 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:44 pm I do believe Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf had draft capital as well. The kid has skills that can’t be taught. I just don’t think he can improve his shortcomings to get his “good” on the field. I think he is about to be the most over drafted fantasy rookie in recent memory.
Someone made a post the other day showing all the 1st round QBs who bust and it's filled with different prospect types.

I think a team can live with drafting Richardson and him being a bust. It wouldn't be any different than history, and it's not like you're asking a GM to take Richardson over Stroud or Young.

But, could a team live with passing on the most athletic QB in the las 20+ years if he becomes a home run? No way.

I would not be surprised at all if Richardson is now a Top-5 pick.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:07 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:33 pm
I see Jamarcus 2.0.
You already name dropped Russell (and Leaf) with Richardson. Both of those guys landed in bad situations and lacked motivation. Are you just making the connect because Russell = big arm and bad and since Levis and Richardson = big arm and bad in your mind, the comparison fits?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:46 am

ericanadian wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:07 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:33 pm

I see Jamarcus 2.0.
You already name dropped Russell (and Leaf) with Richardson. Both of those guys landed in bad situations and lacked motivation. Are you just making the connect because Russell = big arm and bad and since Levis and Richardson = big arm and bad in your mind, the comparison fits?
Russell was strictly about Levis. Both have huge arms, both turn the ball over a lot. More I see Levis as a bust candidate more than saying Russell is a comp.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:25 am

Lumps wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:13 pm
He puts mayonnaise in his coffee. Certified psychopath. Will be locked up and out of the league by 2nd year.
I tell myself this story:

Levis never drank coffee until he got to college, sitting around the cafeteria with his buddies and seeing them drink it. He knew people put some white stuff in the coffee, and grew up as a kid presuming it was mayonnaise. He did that, his buddies made fun of him, and rather than admitting he was an idiot he played it off like that's the way he takes his coffee. Now he's living the lie, having to slurp this repulsive stuff because he has to keep up the pretense. :D

That or he's just crazy.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:33 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:25 am
Lumps wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:13 pm

I tell myself this story:

Levis never drank coffee until he got to college, sitting around the cafeteria with his buddies and seeing them drink it. He knew people put some white stuff in the coffee, and grew up as a kid presuming it was mayonnaise. He did that, his buddies made fun of him, and rather than admitting he was an idiot he played it off like that's the way he takes his coffee. Now he's living the lie, having to slurp this repulsive stuff because he has to keep up the pretense. :D

That or he's just crazy.
:lol:

I thought you were gonna say he grew up poor white trash putting mayo on everything. As someone who grew up poor white trash, I have seen it. And miracle whip. But I don’t get the impression he grew up that way.

If your story is true, imagine the discussion with his OC about his decision making on plays. Just stubborn and obstinate. 🤣