Purdy vs Lance 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which scenario do you think is most likely?

Purdy holds the job and Lance is a backup
41%
Lance regains the starting role and Purdy is a backup
33%
Lance is traded and gets a shot elsewhere
26%

Total votes: 97

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Re: Purdy vs Lance 2023

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:46 am

dustyroads wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am And do mods exist around here anymore? Maybe if he was muted/given a few days break and talked to privately by mods when I flagged his crazy melt down during the Bengals game he would have learned something. Instead, we have this, now, again. And the natives trying to police themselves when no one really has any power to do so. Football Guys forum becomes more and more my go to anymore... at least it's actively moderated to put a halt to this crap.
I am the one that has had to put up with the crap in this thread.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:52 am

dustyroads wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:38 am
dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:45 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:35 am Gotta love the off-season bickering. Maybe time for you guys to give it a rest until there is actual news here. You obviously don't agree... The forum is only a 'shitshow' if you make it one.
Im consistently posting news, stats, quotes, backed by sources. I share good info. Do not lump me i with the bleep stirrers and drunks posting here trying to bring this forum down around them.
Like when you had a wicked witch of the west melt down about how the entire NFL is rigged? Or how you were personally attacking everyone who disagreed with your take on the Jamar Chase catch (kinda like you are doing now in this thread). For how much you piss and moan about how the NFL rigged, and even more so, how these boards are terrible and "have gone totally down hill" (in what the 18 months you've been a part of them lol?) maybe you should just follow through on quitting fantasy football and/or not using these boards. You're pretty fn unbearable IMO. Just an unbiased, not involved in any of this thread take. Now go ahead and discount me too. God forbid you for one damn second look in the mirror and see a finger pointed back at you, right? No way in hell you could overreacting even in the slightest, despite getting that feedback multiple times in multiple threads from multiple posters. They must all be on drugs or pills right? Not even a 1% chance you could be doing anything differently to make the situation not suck so bad that this thread had to get tagged in popcorn?

You. Not only you. But right now yes you, people like you, people when they act and post like you currently are.... you are who makes this board trash sometimes.
Well said ... the reality is NO ONE knows what Purdy's recovery will be until after his surgery and has started rehabbing. Best estimate seems to be 6 months. As SN9-7Titans pointed out; just look at the calendar and you'll realize the margins are razor close to how much if any training camp Purdy participates in. Purdy may be good-to-go for the start of training camp, but it's also reasonable he may not be ready until September (or later).

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:53 am

dustyroads wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am And do mods exist around here anymore? Maybe if he was muted/given a few days break and talked to privately by mods when I flagged his crazy melt down during the Bengals game he would have learned something. Instead, we have this, now, again. And the natives trying to police themselves when no one really has any power to do so. Football Guys forum becomes more and more my go to anymore... at least it's actively moderated to put a halt to this crap.
There is an option to make it all go away and hide the individual comments. I perceive about 4-5 posters that don't add value and I am a happier person not seeing what they say. Highly recommend it.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:08 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:53 am
There is an option to make it all go away and hide the individual comments. I perceive about 4-5 posters that don't add value and I am a happier person not seeing what they say. Highly recommend it.
Yeah it works well. Dustyroads is definitely on that list. Talk about melt downs the guy just had a mental breakdown in a recent comment on this thread. Glad I won’t have to see his BS anymore.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:10 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:53 am
I probably have 8-9. But as I've learned pretty much since last season and the Watson investigation/suspension thread, (not to my or likely anyone's surprise), the people who I have foe'd comment MUCH MUCH MORE than just about anyone else on these boards. So half the threads are now just littered with closed out msgs. Of course I'm not missing much. But it takes away from the whole experience. And I think is the exact proof that this entire forum is grossly under-moderated. I've been reading here since 2018, and the amount of actually informative solid threads have dwindled to IMO 2-3 a season. Things like DDs WR thread. The number of good, active posters down by half if not more. This doesn't even account for just how much general discussions have changed. Sure there was always some bickering and back and forth. But it was 3-4 annoying posters (who would often get moderated) against a litany of level headedness. It seems the exact opposite anymore.

It's sad and it's frustrating knowing what it once was. We don't even necessarily have more negative members, just the ones that are allowed to spew bs constantly unchecked have driven away the good ones. Some members still linger, and even comment now and then, almost every time adding in "I don't post much here anymore"... before going on to make what's often times a lone ray of light in the darkness. I'm getting preachy, and fully acknowledge it's well within my power to also just leave the boards and not use them anymore. I definitely have been posting less the past few months. But I'm also going to call out the BS when I see it, because sitting idly by is just as much a detriment to the boards as dons putrid spewing of sht. Until the day I do just stop coming here altogether because much like FB, nearly every time I close the window and leave I feel worse off then I was before I stopped by to check in. And I try to use the tools available by flagging posts containing personal attacks, off topic threads you know will go off the rails and provide nothing good, posters who have obv grudges against others and go out of their way to take digs every time they say anything. All the cesspool bleep. And nothing happens. Not even a reply to my flagging. Is it just the cable news approach? Let it turn into a damn train wreck because at least that gets views? I don't know, but again, imo, it's sad and frustrating. Checking out again, worse off then when I came lol.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:35 pm

SN9-7Titans wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:14 am

The key here is, if this turns out to be a reconstruction, a classic Tommy John [surgery], that’s where you hear about baseball players, minimum a year, 18 months, etc.,”

“Now we know the throwing motion for football is different than for baseball. If he can get away with a repair, which is what everyone is hoping for, that six-month timeline is indeed possible -- but not guaranteed.”

If all goes well, Purdy could be cleared to return to practice around early August.

It's been specifically stated that it isn't though.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:36 pm

Holy crap, I am so thankful I left FBGs (while maybe some here aren’t :think: ). It is way overpoliced, the mods have zero sense of humor, the initial agitators always seem to get a pass, the number of suckups and brown noses is nauseatingly mind numbing, and most importantly the overall football IQ is way higher here.

For Pete’s sake, if you just can’t stand a post just ignore it (I know, ironic coming from me) or if the poster is just beyond your ability to cope then block them. It’s just so much better here in this environment.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:39 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:36 pm
Holy crap, I am so thankful I left FBGs (while maybe some here aren’t :think: ). It is way overpoliced, the mods have zero sense of humor, the initial agitators always seem to get a pass, the number of suckups and brown noses is nauseatingly mind numbing, and most importantly the overall football IQ is way higher here.

For Pete’s sake, if you just can’t stand a post just ignore it (I know, ironic coming from me) or if the poster is just beyond your ability to cope then block them. It’s just so much better here in this environment.
Agreed. I dislike Football Guys. And block function works great here!

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:45 pm

dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:39 pm

Oh piss off! Wtf do you know?

:wink:

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:53 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:45 pm
dondickenson wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:39 pm

Oh piss off! Wtf do you know?

:wink:
MODS!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:05 pm

Holy crap, I am so thankful I left FBGs (while maybe some here aren’t :think: )
Oh no, he's self aware :lol: :ewink:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:19 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:05 pm
Holy crap, I am so thankful I left FBGs (while maybe some here aren’t :think: )
Oh no, he's self aware :lol: :ewink:
:evil:

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:20 pm

"because my buddy who's a doctor said so" is not a high quality post lol

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:56 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:20 pm "because my buddy who's a doctor said so" is not a high quality post lol
He has insider information…from YouTube and beat writers.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:10 pm

Anyone notice the Poll is now 40% to 33% in favor of Mr irrelevant!

Hope you enjoyed the moment of Zen!

Okay back to the thread fight! 😎
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts