Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

Postby remedy29 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:18 am

mild wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:34 pm Jalen Hurts: What's the verdict?

2020: 52 Cmp%
2021: 61.3 Cmp%
2022: 67 Cmp%

What a remarkable player.
Who knew swapping WR Jalen Reagor with AJ Brown would increase a QBs production?!?

It's surprising that people saw Jalen Reagor and Jalen Hurts starting in the same offense and thought that it was the QB holding the team back...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:59 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:18 am

Who knew swapping WR Jalen Reagor with AJ Brown would increase a QBs production?!?

It's surprising that people saw Jalen Reagor and Jalen Hurts starting in the same offense and thought that it was the QB holding the team back...
Lol I wasn't high on Hurts in prior years, but the AJB/Reagor comments were hilarious

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:18 am

His growth has been nothing short of remarkable. Remaining sky high on AJB despite the general negative sentiment around his landing spot seems to have paid off.

In between victory laps, would you mind sharing with us who the next young breakout QB with sub 60% completion percentage will be? I'd like to buy low.

Qualifiers this year are Fields and Wilson...

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:53 am

CGW wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:18 am

His growth has been nothing short of remarkable. Remaining sky high on AJB despite the general negative sentiment around his landing spot seems to have paid off.

In between victory laps, would you mind sharing with us who the next young breakout QB with sub 60% completion percentage will be? I'd like to buy low.

Desmond Ritter 😉

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:10 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:18 am

It sounds like you are saying that drafting Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson was a mistake.
But I know that can't be true, because Howie Roseman (Eagles GM), doesn't make draft mistakes. :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:25 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:08 am Live look at me coming into Mild's office

https://youtu.be/edyVNlo5uW0
You're always welcome in the office if you're gonna talk that nicely :lol:

Honestly though, don't beat yourselves up too hard... but for sure, he is exceeding even our most wild expectations. I heard my first whisper of "are the Eagles going to go 17-0?" on a mainstream podcast today, so you know we've really arrived now...
CGW wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:18 am His growth has been nothing short of remarkable. Remaining sky high on AJB despite the general negative sentiment around his landing spot seems to have paid off.

If you're making me pick from those two, it's definitely Fields based on what we've seen so far.

I called Lamar on this very board before his MVP season too (I suggested he might average over 70 rushing yards a game, which was deemed "ludicrous" at the time - which, yes... it was...) and the common denominator between all three would be the designed QB rushing game, and a willingness to work their a$$es off. If you can keep your offense moving on the field (however you do it) then you can easily prolong your leash as a starter (just look at what Marcus Mariota is doing this season for example - he's -barely- playing QB, but they're somehow 4-4 and atop their division) which can buy time for your passing to catch up. Zach Wilson is averaging more than 50 yards a game more than Fields this year passing... but it's the rushing that's setting Fields apart and getting the Bears the wins.

Fields is making chicken salad out of chicken s--- at the moment, and the light appears to be coming on. Love that Getsy is finally scheming the offense to his strengths, too - we love seeing designed runs (copied straight from Baltimore!) and moving Fields' around to modify the launch point. Exactly his strengths. Add to that, the Bears went and (overspent) got him a new WR with future draft capital - which indicates that they seem to be in on Justin too.

Fields and Wilson both have a mile to go, though. No clue if they'll make it... probably not if I had to guess re. Wilson, which is a shame because I like his arm talent - but he just can't seem to see the field fast enough to win purely through the air.

Final note: a big part of calling Lamar AND Hurts was betting on smart organisations to succeed long term. Both the Ravens and the Eagles have supremely good Front Offices. When a team like that acquires a player with a unique skillset, I'm always intrigued. Doubly so when they make moves to surround them with complimentary players and coaches. (AJB for Hurts, and say what we want about Greg Roman but his scheme in Lamar's MVP year was the perfect thing for a young, rawer Lamar)

Can't say I trust the Bears and Jets FO's brains or coaches yet. I'd sooner gamble on the Giants than the Jets at this point, although I've liked a lot of Joe Douglas's moves on paper. Getting Claypool appears to be our first public "show me" display of confidence in Fields long term from Poles... so yeah, I think the answer is Fields.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:41 am

Great breakdown from Kurt Warner on Jalen reading defenses with precision, manipulating defenders and making excellent decisions. It's just been incredible to see this sort of growth as a pocket passer- it's probably come at the cost of some low-hanging fantasy fruit in those scrambling yards and bailing pockets, but honestly I'm not sure I care. Dynasty is about believing in development, and I get fired up watching this dude develop into an all-pro level player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBfUloAZ_pM
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:09 pm

Jalen named NFC player of the week in back to back weeks- last week trampling the packers on the ground, this week surgically dissecting the titans with his arm. Gamebreaking stuff right now.

Pretty funny that this guy had a Josh Allen-like ascension and is having an MVP-level campaign and it's just dead quiet here haha.

3 months ago people were debating if he would even be a starter in 2023/2024, now they're debating Mahomes vs Hurts for MVP.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:30 pm

He also made the big jump in college after sitting for a season.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:53 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:31 pm
mild wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:05 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:48 pm Stud does not automatically transfer from year to year (Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray).
Except when they do (Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen)

Like, what are we even doing here. :crazy:

I'm showing you the stats that have widened the gap between Elite QB's and the field, the same counting stats that have killed late round QB dead. The position has never been more statistically predictable than in 2022: we know who the Elite QB's are, and why.

You're here telling me about your gut feelings for the future and saying that 2022 Cooper Kupp was bad process because he got injured (literally the WR3 overall before the week he went down) :roll:

Please continue to tell us all the ways that the current fantasy QB2 could fail next year. We're dying to hear about it.
I don't want to continue to go off topic on this thread, just wondering if you saw the beating that Hurts took yesterday against the Bears?
I see Hurts is now questionable for week 16 game against the Cowboys due to his sprained shoulder (Adam Schefter reporting).

Philly sports talk radio was already talking about resting Hurts in weeks 17 and 18 due to clinching the 1 seed early (not yet) before the Schefter report.
Thought I'd bring this over to the Hurts thread to respond to ...

And he's only 24. Imagine what Hurts is going to feel like when he takes that kind of pounding at 28?

I have no problem holding him until he breaks down. My concern is, when I'm looking to acquire and make an offer, making sure I don't value Hurts the same I would value another T5QB like Mahomes who doesn't take such a pounding.

Mahomes >> Herbert>Hurts > Kyler > the next tiers
That order makes sense.

We have to account for the effect those poundings are going to have three or four years from now. This is dynasty after all. In Redraft, keep drafting Hurts until he starts slowing down. In Dynasty, it's important to think about selling high before the dip ... if the Haul is offered

EDIT: I'm not saying the above order is QB1, QB2, QB3, and QB4. I'm simply listing those 4 guys in order of Anteater value.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:22 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:53 pm

I'm showing you the stats that have widened the gap between Elite QB's and the field, the same counting stats that have killed late round QB dead. The position has never been more statistically predictable than in 2022: we know who the Elite QB's are, and why.

You're here telling me about your gut feelings for the future and saying that 2022 Cooper Kupp was bad process because he got injured (literally the WR3 overall before the week he went down) :roll:

Please continue to tell us all the ways that the current fantasy QB2 could fail next year. We're dying to hear about it.
I don't want to continue to go off topic on this thread, just wondering if you saw the beating that Hurts took yesterday against the Bears?
I see Hurts is now questionable for week 16 game against the Cowboys due to his sprained shoulder (Adam Schefter reporting).

Philly sports talk radio was already talking about resting Hurts in weeks 17 and 18 due to clinching the 1 seed early (not yet) before the Schefter report.

And he's only 24. Imagine what Hurts is going to feel like when he takes that kind of pounding at 28?

I have no problem holding him until he breaks down. My concern is, when I'm looking to acquire and make an offer, making sure I don't value Hurts the same I would value another T5QB like Mahomes who doesn't take such a pounding.

That order makes sense.

We have to account for the effect those poundings are going to have three or four years from now. This is dynasty after all. In Redraft, keep drafting Hurts until he starts slowing down. In Dynasty, it's important to think about selling high before the dip ... if the Haul is offered
I generally work on a three year window. I don’t think Hurts’ drops off in that window, so I’m not sure why you’d discount him because he might not be as good five plus years down the line, but I guess to each his own.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:06 pm

Damn, if Hurts is out if crushes me. I've got him and AJB and despite being the #1 team in the standings, I'm facing off against who I would describe as the 2nd best team right now

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:07 am

steelman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:06 pm Damn, if Hurts is out if crushes me. I've got him and AJB and despite being the #1 team in the standings, I'm facing off against who I would describe as the 2nd best team right now
Pick up Gardner?

I'm not actually as worried about the the skill players on the Eagles offense with the QB change. You should (hopefully) still be ok with AJB.

If anything, we're going to get more pass attempts, as they're likely to trail - and it's likely that Sanders will get plenty of work, and will finally get all the Goal Line rush looks.

Main question is how tough the Dallas D are going to be; when they're on this year they're very tough to move on. Likely they'll be mad about the Jacksonville loss too.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:38 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:22 pm

That order makes sense.

I generally work on a three year window. I don’t think Hurts’ drops off in that window, so I’m not sure why you’d discount him because he might not be as good five plus years down the line, but I guess to each his own.
Better to sell 3 years early than 3 years late :lol:

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:20 am

That order makes sense.

EDIT: I'm not saying the above order is QB1, QB2, QB3, and QB4. I'm simply listing those 4 guys in order of Anteater value.
Joe Burrow should be valued right in there. I have him ahead of Herbert, better weapons, more consistent and he's a baller that gets creative with his legs at times too.

Mahomes/Allen
Burrow/Herbert/Hurts/Lamar
Lawrence/Fields/Tua/Dak/Kyler

is basically my tiers right now
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst