Sell
42%

Total votes: 205

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Re: Buy Or Sell D'Onta Foreman?

Postby Amoo » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:01 pm

I bought for 2 '23 3rds. One early-mid, one late. I'm ok with the price to add RB depth, before his price possibly goes up. If he flops the rest of the year, then it was only a couple 3rds.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Amoo wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:01 pm I bought for 2 '23 3rds. One early-mid, one late. I'm ok with the price to add RB depth, before his price possibly goes up. If he flops the rest of the year, then it was only a couple 3rds.
I’d pay that all day for potential RB2 production with upside for the rest of the year. Good trade.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Love, Purdy

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. White, Z. Charbonnet, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Musgrave, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2025: None
2026: 1st, 2nd

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:40 pm

Seems like people are just giving him away. I don't get that attitude...unless you're in a race for the 1.1.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:43 pm

Not a chance I sell for less than an early second as a contender. Tentatively it seems like he can be counted on for RB2 production based on filling in for Henry then picking up where he left off again this year as a lead. And he has potential for a high end RB1 production on any given week given his ability to rip off big runs and punch it in at the goal line.

Having him in at flex is really helping my injury riddled team stay afloat
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:44 pm

Failed to buy him for a late 23 2nd. Is he really worth more? The owner is in the middle of a rebuild currently.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

dubomac
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dubomac » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:44 pm

What is Foreman's value in a 10 team SF league (in sig)?
Team: 10 Team, SuperFlex, .5 ppr, TE premium 1 ppr
1 QB; 2 RB; 3 WR; 1 TE; 1 [RB/WR/TE], 1 [SF], 1 K, 1 D/ST

QB: TLaw, Stroud, Jimmy G, Rudolph
RB: Bijan, Etienne, J. Warren, E. Mitchell, Tucker, Eric Gray
WR: G. Wilson, JSN, N. Collins, D. Johnson, Doubs, Dotson, Shakir, Treylon, S. Moore
TE: J. Woods, Harrison Bryant
Taxi: Deneric, Izzy

2024 1.02 & 1.03
2024 2.02-2.04
2024 3.03, 3.10
2024 5.03
2024 6.06
2025 All picks + addt'l 1st

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:44 pm

dustyroads wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:56 am It's hard to predict outcomes in leagues I'm actually in, so don't take this to heart (or to the bank lol); but just looking at your roster, I don't see a championship team. In fact, losing Chase for the next 4 weeks might keep you out of the playoffs altogether. Your best RB in Etienne still has a bye week to get through, and despite Foreman putting up another solid week, he also didn't have to share with Hubbard who will likely come back into the fold to take some touches away in the coming weeks.
No worries, I am pretty realistic about my team, and mostly agree with you here. This is not a team that screams "championship". But having beaten the 2 top teams from last season without much help from injuries or BYEs made me taste blood. With the exception of my week 9 opponent, none of the remaining teams I'm facing are playoff candidates. And I have my worst BYE weeks already behind me.

I'm not too worried about Hubbard, as Foreman's production was almost identical with Hubbard in week 7 as it was without him in week 8. Except for the 3 TDs, obviously, but I wouldn't expect them from Foreman every week even if Hubbard's season ended today. 80 yards, 2 targets and 1 TD sounds like an average production we can expect from Foreman, even with Hubbard active. That's around 16 points in full PPR, which is low-end RB1 territory.
dustyroads wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:56 am Sounds like you are prepped for a run next year (I'm guessing you already have a an extra pick or two in the 2023 draft to say that), and depending how your league determines draft order; you could actually be in a really good spot to earn a high pick this year yourself if it's based on potential points with all the guys you got on IR helping artificially lower your totals there. If it were me, I'd lean into that and try to trade Foreman and maybe consider shopping Schultz who's looking much more appealing with Dak back. Keep my points down, stack up a few extra picks, and earn a higher pick for myself. And then start making my move in the 2023 draft. Even at low end on value, a 3rd for Foreman (and a potentially a 3rd for Schultz) are picks you could package with other picks or players to move up in the draft and lock down two upper tier RBs, and maybe take a swing on another QB who lands in a good situation. Feels like a higher percentage play then trying to ride out this season and maybe get lucky and finish 2nd or 3rd.

Think how sexy 23 would be with Etienne, two of Gibbs/Evans/Bigsby/Achane/Corum (you get the point); Chase, Waddle, and Pittman (hopefully with a new QB throwing to him); Friermuth; and then likely your value pick of any QB outside of Young. A young team sure, but something looking much more likely to compete not just that year, but into the future too.
You're describing my strategy pretty accurately there. I took the team over in 2020, with only 2 startable players and no draft picks. I'm pretty happy with how things worked out so far with this rebuild. Especially that I made the controversial decision to pick Chase with the 1.01 last year, instead of Najee Harris, and go for ETN with the 1.04. That I also got Waddle with the 1.09 was the icing on the cake.

I already have an extra 2nd and 3rd for 2023, and getting another solid pick for Foreman would be sweet. I then indeed plan to bundle picks and try to move up in draft rankings. A top RB, a solid QB talent and another WR prospect, and I'll be in business for years to come.

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:57 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:03 am Unless you play in a taco league, I don't think anyone is giving you a 1st for Foreman. He's on a one-year deal and his path to being a starter after this season isn't great. And when Hubbard comes back, it turns right back into a committee.

With the way RB attrition happens, getting a late 2 or a 3rd for Foreman should be a win. But if you're convinced that you're going to contend for a title this year, then go ahead and roll the dice. Crazier things have happened.
Not convinced at all! Just not ready to rule it out 100% after the last 2 weeks :)

Getting a late 1st straight up seems unrealistic indeed. But maybe pairing Foreman with a late 2nd or early 3rd and going after a late 1st may work. Or not. We'll see.
Valhalla wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:40 pm Seems like people are just giving him away. I don't get that attitude...unless you're in a race for the 1.1.
Foreman is a player where traditional trade value concepts fall short. For a contending team that needs a strong depth piece on RB (maybe because they lost Hall or Javonte, or are getting burned by JT or Najee), Foreman is an intriguing option. He could be the league winner for them, and some may be ready to give up their 1.12 for him.

But Foreman's value is limited strictly to this season. So if you feel you have enough depth at RB, or may not be strong enough to reach for the title, even a 3rd for Foreman could be wasted.

OTOH, if you are contender and already have Foreman, you certainly wouldn't sell him for anything else than a 1st. If you'd sell him at all.

It's not easy to craft Foreman trades that make sense for both sides these days.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:58 am

ZakHH wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:44 pm
You're describing my strategy pretty accurately there. I took the team over in 2020, with only 2 startable players and no draft picks. I'm pretty happy with how things worked out so far with this rebuild. Especially that I made the controversial decision to pick Chase with the 1.01 last year, instead of Najee Harris, and go for ETN with the 1.04. That I also got Waddle with the 1.09 was the icing on the cake.

I already have an extra 2nd and 3rd for 2023, and getting another solid pick for Foreman would be sweet. I then indeed plan to bundle picks and try to move up in draft rankings. A top RB, a solid QB talent and another WR prospect, and I'll be in business for years to come.
Woof... I hope they didn't make you pay a buy-in for that season lol. Props to you for taking on an orphan like that. Well sounds like you got a solid turn around going already. Long as you're confident going in, I'm sure whichever way you fall on Foreman will work out for ya. Good luck, and hope you're winning a ship in the next year or two!

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:53 am

ZakHH wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:57 pm It's not easy to craft Foreman trades that make sense for both sides these days.
I just bought Foreman for a 2023 4th rounder.
If he has 80+ rushing attempts weeks 8-17, its upgraded to a 2024 3rd.
If he has 100+ rushing attempts weeks 8-17 its upgraded to a 2024 2nd.

He got like 24 attempts week 8, so he's off to a damn good start.
If he gets 100+, I have a feeling I'll be happy to pay the 2nd.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:08 pm

JTLoh wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:53 am
ZakHH wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:57 pm It's not easy to craft Foreman trades that make sense for both sides these days.

Perfect example of why I love conditional trades and how they can help bridge a value gap to get a trade done that would otherwise be left in the trash bin. Nice one.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:35 pm

dustyroads wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:08 pm

Perfect example of why I love conditional trades and how they can help bridge a value gap to get a trade done that would otherwise be left in the trash bin. Nice one.
Yep indeed. :thumbup:
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:26 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:35 pm

So the commish locks those picks, I assume, or is an honour system thing? Those 3 picks should be frozen, one way or another. I personally don't enforce that stuff as a commish, and don't have them in my leagues as I've seen it go wrong before, in a league I wasn't a commish in. Guy makes stipulations, then moves the assets in another trade. By the time it was realized, it was a big sh@t show to sort out.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:26 pm

So the commish locks those picks, I assume, or is an honour system thing? Those 3 picks should be frozen, one way or another. I personally don't enforce that stuff as a commish, and don't have them in my leagues as I've seen it go wrong before, in a league I wasn't a commish in. Guy makes stipulations, then moves the assets in another trade. By the time it was realized, it was a big sh@t show to sort out.
A.) I am a man of honor. (But I see your point as I know a lot of you are sketchy)
B.) We posted the conditions in the trade and on the site message board.
C.) Your point is valid, could become a bleep show, so we did work with the commish before doing the trade. He approved it, we made it.
D.) The upgrades are 2024 picks, and if we trade 2024 we have to pay for 2024. I don't feel like paying right now so that was a factor in me doing the trade. I thought the likelihood of accidentally trading of one of those picks would be low, knowing I'd have to pay to trade them. But haven't been locked as far as I know. (This is the 2nd conditional trade made in the league)

But yeah, your concerns are valid. I could see commish going either way. I'd probably allow it in my leagues, until I got burned.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:26 pm

We record all our trades in a google excel sheet that's shared and accessible to all. We also aren't a league where 20+ trades are happening every season. Lucky to hit 10 most seasons tbh and most happen during the off-season/draft. And maybe 1 to 2 of them are conditional trades. It's really not as confounding as some people make it out to be. As a commish I do review every trade that comes across, and I haven't once had someone try to move a piece involved in a conditional trade. If you don't have an active commissioner who pays attention to what's going on in the league, or at the very least compiles information that makes it easy for the rest of the league to see what's going on at a glance, and it's a league with 20+ trades every season where half of them are conditional trades... sure I can see how something could go wrong or be missed. I don't think that's the case for the majority of leagues though.