Ceedee Lamb - Ranking/Price Check

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Ceedee Lamb - Ranking/Price Check

Postby dlf4lyfe » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:00 pm

Dovetailing off of the overreactions thread, how much of a hit does Lamb take given the current outlook in Dallas? He was top 5 before the season, is he still top 10? His WR1 outlook took a serious hit this weekend.
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Ceedee Lamb - Ranking/Price Check

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:40 pm

On KTC, he was the #3 WR before Sunday. He's already dropped a spot. Recent value spot checks- behind Metcalf, Kupp, AJB. Ahead of Higgins. That ignores the QBs [<edit] and RBs.

With Dak reportedly going to be out for the next 6-8 weeks, and coming back after the week 9 bye, Lamb owners need to look for other options if needing WR1 production this year.

Jefferson, Chase, AJB, Deebo over him easily. I can see the arguments for and against Kupp, Diggs, Adams, Tyreek. I'm seriously thinking about Pittman, Metcalf and DJM over him.
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:25 pm

Lamb was way over-rated as the Dynasty WR3.
His inability to gain any separation, is more worrisome long term than Dak's injury.

I am not even shopping Lamb now, as even before this weekend, his value in real life is no where close to his value by "experts" rankings.
Being that he was over-priced to begin with, then had a horrible week 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see his value drop to the WR2 tier, with the likes of Waddle, Pittman, Metcalf

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:41 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:25 pm Lamb was way over-rated as the Dynasty WR3.
His inability to gain any separation, is more worrisome long term than Dak's injury.

I am not even shopping Lamb now, as even before this weekend, his value in real life is no where close to his value by "experts" rankings.
Being that he was over-priced to begin with, then had a horrible week 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see his value drop to the WR2 tier, with the likes of Waddle, Pittman, Metcalf
You may be right... But that's still good value if you're not a believer and looking to sell.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:10 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:25 pm Lamb was way over-rated as the Dynasty WR3.

I'd trade Lamb for any of those players, in the league I have him in.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:58 am

He's the next DJM

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:11 am

I still think he can be a WR1 long-term, but it's going to take a big hit this season with at least 8 games of Cooper Rush (assuming they don't trade for someone). There's about to be a lengthy buy low window.

Rush + injured offensive line

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:11 am I still think he can be a WR1 long-term, but it's going to take a big hit this season with at least 8 games of Cooper Rush (assuming they don't trade for someone). There's about to be a lengthy buy low window.

Rush + injured offensive line
Definitely worried in redraft leagues but not so much in dynasty after a bad game.

Last year with Rush, Lamb went 6 for 112. That said, A, Cooper also had 6 for over 100 and a score. Unless Dallas gets Gallup soon it will be a long year. Rush did go for 325 and 2 TD's in his only game last year against the Vikings. That is obviously a really small sample size but I don't see Dallas go after another QB. Who knows though, they could go full entertainment with Jerry calling the shots.

Sounds like it could be 4-6 weeks on Dak based on successful surgery reports.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:46 am

Jerry is already talking about "rushing" Dak back. Kind of reminds me of Russ last season. I have a bad feeling it's going to be a down year for Dak, even when he comes back.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:14 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:46 am Jerry is already talking about "rushing" Dak back. Kind of reminds me of Russ last season. I have a bad feeling it's going to be a down year for Dak, even when he comes back.
Jerruh just needs to sign the checks. He's not the one who needs to be able to grip a ball and throw it with accuracy. You can't rush that. Assuming it was just a simple pinning to realign the bones that still takes time to heal. Some people do heal in 4 weeks. But if you're going to continually be using it for pressure related activities (i.e holding a football) you're going to want to make sure things are fully healed. You could easily refracture the site by putting too much pressure on it. Not sure about wearing a glove with a brace? Doesn't seem like there's any quick fix for this situation.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:46 am Jerry is already talking about "rushing" Dak back. Kind of reminds me of Russ last season. I have a bad feeling it's going to be a down year for Dak, even when he comes back.
Not how it really works; Dak won't be back until he is cleared by the medical staff no matter how much Jerry wants him back. I agree it could be a tough year but it's only one week. We should all know in a few weeks about how the Cowboys respond.

QB rankings week 1; Doubt it stays this way.

Brady 27th
Stafford 28th
Lance 29th
Brissett 30th
Rodgers 31st
Dak 32nd
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:10 am

I'd trade Lamb for any of those players, in the league I have him in.
I offered Lamb straight up for Waddle and got declined, no counter.

I currently have an offer out of Lamb + a late 2nd round pick for Devin White (IDP) + a early 2023 1st round pick (20 team league)
That guy is currently mulling it over. He's interested, but he also knows that 23 1st will be a high pick.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:37 am

Was offered Lamb for Pittman and a 2nd and I declined. I'm competing this season and I don't think I'd even make that trade straight up 1:1

dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf4lyfe » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:15 am

dustyroads wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:37 am Was offered Lamb for Pittman and a 2nd and I declined. I'm competing this season and I don't think I'd even make that trade straight up 1:1
Wild. That would push Lamb down to WR15 territory. Which would feel more appropriate for a WR2.
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:26 am

I just sent out

Give Lamb and D Foreman
Get McLaurin, Gainwell and M Carter

16 team 53 man rosters so depth is crucial. I don't think he'll accept.