Loaded with ‘23 1sts, but can this team compete this year?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Wsn21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Loaded with ‘23 1sts, but can this team compete this year?

Postby Wsn21 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:09 am

Team in sig

Rebuilding and kept the cheaper guys with a high variance, these guys could all fall on their faces but they all have quite a bit of upside if things go their way… really just debating if i sell these guys that i have left(except mahomes) or keep what i have and try to compete, maybe even sell a 1st or 2?

Tanking isnt an option because the 6non playoff teams have a lottery for pick order
12team ppr 1qb/1rb/1wr/2flex/1te

Qb: Mahomes
Rb: CEH/ Miles Sanders/ C Patt/ Sermon
Wr: Mclaurin/ Devonta Smith/ Toney/ Bryan Edwards/ M Callaway/ Slayton
Te: Gesicki/ Everett/ Dan Arnold
K: h butker

2023 x7 1sts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Loaded with ‘23 1sts, but can this team compete this year?

Postby murphysxm » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:12 am

With 7 2023 1sts, I would hold onto this base and reload next year.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:17 am

I am not saying the time is right now, but I would be happy to cash out on CEH and Sanders for the right return if/when the time is right. Patterson is a most move in a rebuild and I would be trying to make that happen before the season starts as he is likely to disappoint. Outside of that, Gesicki is another piece I would move for the right price but see how the group comes out and you get more in season for some of these assets. Moving further pieces would set you up for a multi-year rebuild.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:41 am

No, you need to convert those picks to too many starters to be realistically competitive now. Hang tight on the picks and reload via the draft next year or if people overpay you in trades.

I'd sell CEH, sanders, c patt (for anything basically), sermon, Mclaurin, and Gesicki when the opportunities arise. 2023 picks may be hard for you to get in additional trades since you own so many already...you may need to go for 2024s.

dlf4lyfe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf4lyfe » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:47 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:17 am I am not saying the time is right now, but I would be happy to cash out on CEH and Sanders for the right return if/when the time is right. Patterson is a most move in a rebuild and I would be trying to make that happen before the season starts as he is likely to disappoint. Outside of that, Gesicki is another piece I would move for the right price but see how the group comes out and you get more in season for some of these assets. Moving further pieces would set you up for a multi-year rebuild.
Well said.

I will say, CEH is only 22 so I would be more hesitant to move him, but if he flops this year his value is going to crash hard as he'll be viewed as jag.
10 team | 10 Keepers | .5 ppr | QB | RBx2 | WRx2 | RB/WR/TE | WR/TE | K | D/ST

QB: Burrow | Prescott
RB: Chubb | Dobbins | Sanders | Edwards-Helaire | Patterson | Edmonds | Henderson | Edwards | Benjamin
WR/TE: Moore | London | Kelce | Cooks | Lockett | Lazard | Parker | Jones