Where does OBJ end up this year?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Where does OBJ end up this year?

Postby thebeast » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 am

Greatest Show On Turf Part 2! This is a great signing for Odell and everyone on the Rams offense except Van Jefferson. This is going to look a lot like the TB offense where some weeks its Odell, other weeks it will be Kupp, and sometimes Woods who has the big game. I think Odell can be a WR1 in this league with 6-7 targets per game from a QB like Stafford.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:16 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:25 am I don't get why everynody thinks GB was the best landing spot. How many times have we read about it taking Rodgers a long time to trust WR's and won't go to people if he doesn't trust they will be in the right spot. Kind of like when OchoCinco went to NE and failed miserably.....
The path to volume is clearer. It's Adams and not much else.

The Tampa Bay comparison is solid. 3 really good receivers who produce depending on what the defense concedes that week. Beckham is basically Antonio Brown here. He could have some games where he leads the team in targets depending on matchups.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:30 am

thebeast wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 am Greatest Show On Turf Part 2! This is a great signing for Odell and everyone on the Rams offense except Van Jefferson. This is going to look a lot like the TB offense where some weeks its Odell, other weeks it will be Kupp, and sometimes Woods who has the big game. I think Odell can be a WR1 in this league with 6-7 targets per game from a QB like Stafford.
This is a very unpopular opinion that I very much agree with
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, Lloyd, R.Davis, Vidal, Tracy
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Bowers, Woods

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir, Irving
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Kirk, Hollywood, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, Wicks, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:57 am

I have somehow gone from somebody that thinks Odell was given up on too quickly, to the guy that thinks it is crazy people think he will walk into a new team and system and will start off running.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:26 am

On ~9 targets a game from Baker (with one game missed) OBJ had 1k yards. Where that ranked for FF purposes idk, but still solid none the less. What is most concerning is the steady drop off in yards per reception, now is that a due to OBJ or Baker, probably a bit of both but I'd reckon more on Baker not effectively pushing the ball down field
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:16 pm

From OBJ's perspective, the Rams make lots of sense. Sure it's a 1 year deal, but it's clear his consideration includes more than just this year. He seems to have selected a spot to maximize his value, shot at winning, and maybe even $ in his 2-3 year window of what he's likely got left. Think about it. On playing with a top QB that he can develop chemistry with, Rodgers may not be in GB after this year. Who knows who the Saints QB will be next year. Same with Seattle - betting Russ is gone after this year. That leaves Mahomey and Stafford. Sorry Mac Jones, the ghost of Ocho Cinco still lingers there. Then onto the winning factor. Clearly the Rams are in much better shape this year on that front. Net, net, I think OBJ is hoping it works with the Rams and he gets to stick around after this year.

For the record, I think this could bounce OBJ's way. He doesn't need lots of volume in the right situation, which he seems to be in - an opportunistic accurate QB (Stafford) combined with a creative play caller who will get him much higher quality targets than Faker Mayfield (sorry) did. It'll be boom-or-bust, but I bet right now OBJ will have some pretty spectacular games this season with Stafford & crew. What that means for FF & starting him? uhhh... Personally having OBJ, Woods & Jefferson on my squad in my most competitive league will drive me nuts on which one to start!

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:22 pm

Just heard some numbers the other day, and I have some guesses as to why they are what they are, but they are pretty shocking and to me doesn't seem like a glowing review for Odell regardless of his father's slow motion YouTube montage set to Sarah McLachlan's 90s classic "Angel"....

Games without Beckham Baker has 41 TDs and 17 Ints, with him he has 42 TDs and 29 Ints. The teams record is 15-11 without, 13-15 with. And really one of the most eye popping is Baker has 5 games so far in his career with a passer rating over 130. 4 of them were without ODB, the 5th ODB dressed but didn't catch a ball. It can't be denied, Baker and the Browns as a whole are better without ODB. We can rationalize it any way we like, but doesn't change the results. It also doesn't make me optimistic about Odell anywhere really.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:45 pm

The biggest issue with OBJ to me is he became UNPLAYABLE.

I don't think he will be huge here but I do believe he becomes playable.

That's all I ask for the shares I have.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:53 pm

Expectations might be a little too high here. I won't be shocked if he does well, but it's hard to trust OBJ.

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:57 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:53 pm Expectations might be a little too high here. I won't be shocked if he does well, but it's hard to trust OBJ.
Theres definitely a happy medium thats the most likely outcome, like most things. He probably won't ever get back to the 1k+ yard seasons, and he probably won't be the >30 receptions guy. somewhere in the middle probably
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:22 pm

JTLoh wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:45 pm The biggest issue with OBJ to me is he became UNPLAYABLE.

I don't think he will be huge here but I do believe he becomes playable.

That's all I ask for the shares I have.
It’s possible this is even worse though. If he posts a WR1 game, then does nothing for 4 weeks, what’re ya gonna do?

If I hadn’t already, I’d be selling him now, and certainly immediately after a big game. For reference I was about as high on him as you can get, 4 years ago. Think I took him 3ish overall in my sig league startup.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:00 pm

dustyroads wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:22 pm It also doesn't make me optimistic about Odell anywhere really.
I don't want OBJ around any NFL team I like. At his ADPs over the last 5 years, I don't trust him on my fantasy teams. He's a lot of noise, a lot of inconsistency, and a lot of a-player-to-avoid for me.

Trust me. The first game Odell gets 100yds or a TD, trade him for whatever you can get. It won't get better, and will be too inconsistent to help a contender.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Draftnik
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Draftnik » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:52 pm

In regards to "why the Rams?"..

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/stat ... IsBqw&s=19

I think what is going to be the most interesting is not necessarily his own numbers - but the impact he will have when drawing coverage.

NFL defenses still respect OBJ and will still double him so that is in itself is telling (they also can't do that with the Rams receiving core) and dare I think it maybe opens things up for Kupp even more?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:11 pm

Draftnik wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:52 pm In regards to "why the Rams?"..

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/stat ... IsBqw&s=19

I think what is going to be the most interesting is not necessarily his own numbers - but the impact he will have when drawing coverage.

NFL defenses still respect OBJ and will still double him so that is in itself is telling (they also can't do that with the Rams receiving core) and dare I think it maybe opens things up for Kupp even more?
Not sure its possible for Kupp to get any more open than he already does.

ChinAntlerParseMans
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ChinAntlerParseMans » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:55 pm

This guy is so overrated, omg. I'm glad I didn't draft or trade for him in any of my leagues.