Which QB is the better dynasty bet? Carson Palmer or Tebow?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Which QB is the better dynasty bet? Carson Palmer or Te

Postby meineymoe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:28 am

Perceived value is Tebow all the way. If you have Tebow, you should be able to get Carson Palmer and other pieces as well.

I would much rather have Carson Palmer going forward. Tebow is a novelty and a side show.

-oo-

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:54 am

I really couldn't disagree more with most of you guys. Lets be real here, If your starting Tebow or Carson your squads got some problems. The fact is that Tebow is much younger and has SKY HIGH upside, while having already proved that he can produce at an elite level in terms of fantasy production. If Dumb@ss John Fox ever lets Tebow spread the defense out and play Tebow ball before the 4th quarter he would be a fantasy JUGGERNAUT. Not to mention that there would literally be riots in Denver if they benched Tebow.

Tebow for me, and it's not even close

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I really couldn't disagree more with most of you guys. Lets be real here, If your starting Tebow or Carson your squads got some problems. The fact is that Tebow is much younger and has SKY HIGH upside, while having already proved that he can produce at an elite level in terms of fantasy production. If Dumb@ss John Fox ever lets Tebow spread the defense out and play Tebow ball before the 4th quarter he would be a fantasy JUGGERNAUT. Not to mention that there would literally be riots in Denver if they benched Tebow.

+1. Look at the weapons around Tebow. He is not set up for success, and YET he is (unconventionally) getting it done. Outside of Eric Decker, who does he have? Tebow isn't a great passer, sure. Does that mean he will NEVER improve? He brought the Broncos back to the hunt without being able to throw well. Imagine what happens if and when he even marginally improves his accuracy... :shock:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:01 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I really couldn't disagree more with most of you guys. Lets be real here, If your starting Tebow or Carson your squads got some problems. The fact is that Tebow is much younger and has SKY HIGH upside, while having already proved that he can produce at an elite level in terms of fantasy production. If Dumb@ss John Fox ever lets Tebow spread the defense out and play Tebow ball before the 4th quarter he would be a fantasy JUGGERNAUT. Not to mention that there would literally be riots in Denver if they benched Tebow.

I agree that I would rather go with Tebow, but I am curious about your definition of "elite". In my league's scoring system he has only surpassed 20 points twice this year. Counting only his starts, he is barely in the top 10. He has yet to surpass 200 passing yards in a game this year in Fox's offense. While I agree he has plenty of upside at best I'd envision a low end QB1/high end QB2.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 pm

He has talent around him, they are just young. The talent is capped by his horrendous accuracy. If he does ever gain accuracy the guys around him could very well produce. He is so inaccurate, even the defensive backs have no chance to intercept him. Decker, Thomas and Royal all have ability, and their TEs are young too. So saying they have no talent doesn't make sense. Good QBs make the talent around them better, Tebow makes the talent around him suffer. He is a novelty item, not an NFL caliber QB.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:35 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:He has talent around him, they are just young. The talent is capped by his horrendous accuracy. If he does ever gain accuracy the guys around him could very well produce. He is so inaccurate, even the defensive backs have no chance to intercept him. Decker, Thomas and Royal all have ability, and their TEs are young too. So saying they have no talent doesn't make sense. Good QBs make the talent around them better, Tebow makes the talent around him suffer. He is a novelty item, not an NFL caliber QB.
hahahahaha!!!! :lol: :lol:

lake3711
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lake3711 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:32 pm

In baseball they say "hit it where they aint"

Tebow's mantra is "throw it where they aint". Uncle Rico knows what I'm talking about.
12 Team PPR, QB 6points Pass TD, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1flex

QB: Justin Herbert, Sam Darnold
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, D'Andre Swift, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, D'Onta Foreman
WR: DK Metcalf, Christian Watson, Nuk Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Brandon Aiyuk, Gabe Davis
TE: Greg Dulcich, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:50 pm

skip wrote:

I agree that I would rather go with Tebow, but I am curious about your definition of "elite". In my league's scoring system he has only surpassed 20 points twice this year. Counting only his starts, he is barely in the top 10. He has yet to surpass 200 passing yards in a game this year in Fox's offense. While I agree he has plenty of upside at best I'd envision a low end QB1/high end QB2.[/quote/]

When I mentioned elite production I was referring to last year before John Fox stuck his offensively anemic hand into denver's offense. Tebow was the #1 fantasy QB last year..when he was allowed to throw in non 3rd and long situations and before the 4th quarter. At this point theres two theories, one would be that Tebow degressed as a passer since last year or John Fox has negitively affected this offense..im definitely going with the latter

and as far as the notion that Tebow has weapons...you can say his receivers have talent but it cannot be disputed that he was one of the worst WR cores in the league.
It didn't help that John Fox the offensive guru instantly traded his one legit receiver once he became the starter.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Even if Lloyd was still a Bronco, what makes you think he would help Tebows passing stats? He is such a bad thrower that it doesnt matter who his wrs are, he cant hit them. Tebow is a horrible passer! Put a good QB on denver, and those wrs would produce. As a Bears fan, I would take the Denver WR corp over the Bears group. I bet Cutler would love Decker, Thomas and the gang.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:14 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:Even if Lloyd was still a Bronco, what makes you think he would help Tebows passing stats? He is such a bad thrower that it doesnt matter who his wrs are, he cant hit them. Tebow is a horrible passer! Put a good QB on denver, and those wrs would produce. As a Bears fan, I would take the Denver WR corp over the Bears group. I bet Cutler would love Decker, Thomas and the gang.
Brandon Lloyd caught 14 balls for 263yards and 2 TD's in three games last year with Tebow...so yes he can hit them

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Carson Palmer for me.

Tebow is horrible. He is being carried right now by a defense that is playing very well. Score 20 points against Denver and your guaranteed to win the game. Does anyone really think a Tebow led offense can score more than 17 points?

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:10 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Brandon Lloyd caught 14 balls for 263yards and 2 TD's in three games last year with Tebow...so yes he can hit them
That was when there was little to no NFL tape on him. That was before he had 3-4 games on tape, which allowed him to actaully complete 50% of his passes. Defenses catch up after 3-4 games of tape, which is why he's an even worse passer after those games. If Tebow was so good at getting B.llyod the ball, then surely B.llyod wouldn't want out of Denver. However, B.Lloyd knew that Tebow was going to kill his ability to get a f/a payday and got out of town.

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:01 pm

dabearsfan wrote:Carson Palmer for me.

Tebow is horrible. He is being carried right now by a defense that is playing very well. Score 20 points against Denver and your guaranteed to win the game. Does anyone really think a Tebow led offense can score more than 17 points?
Tell that to Carson Palmer whose team scored 24 points in a loss to Denver. :crazy:

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:
49ersFaithful80 wrote:Brandon Lloyd caught 14 balls for 263yards and 2 TD's in three games last year with Tebow...so yes he can hit them
That was when there was little to no NFL tape on him. That was before he had 3-4 games on tape, which allowed him to actaully complete 50% of his passes. Defenses catch up after 3-4 games of tape, which is why he's an even worse passer after those games. If Tebow was so good at getting B.llyod the ball, then surely B.llyod wouldn't want out of Denver. However, B.Lloyd knew that Tebow was going to kill his ability to get a f/a payday and got out of town.

This tape that they have from last year in irrelevant, they were running a completely different offense.

It basically comes down to this, would you rather have a 31 year old QB in a run heavy offense or a 2nd year QB who's consistently put up top 10 fantasy numbers with very high potential. It's an obvious choice for me, as I believe it is for any dynasty owner without a biased opinion based on Tebow as a person.

It literally blows my mind how Tebow haters can just completely ignore statistics. Heres a comparison between Tebow's stats thus far and fellow 2nd year QB Sam Bradfords (AKA the most overvalued player in dynasty leagues)

Sam Bradford QB Rating: 74.6 Completion%: 58.2 YPA: 5.95 TD's:23(+1 rushing) INT's: 20 TD to INT ratio: 1.15

Tim Tebow QB Rating: 79.8 Completion%: 46.9 YPA: 6.59 TD's:12(+9 rushing) INT's: 4 TD to INT ratio: 3.0

So...Tebow is a little better if not much better in every category except completion% which you can attribute to the fact that Bradford does nothing but check the ball down and Tebow is atleast making an effort to throw the ball downfield.