Thoughts on Damien Harris

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Thoughts on Damien Harris

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:00 am

dustyroads wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:48 am Rhamondre Stevenson train leaving the station... holding strong to my flag plant on him being primary ball carrier by last third of season, despite NEs RB usage tendencies in past years.
Will need an injury for that to happen, he probably won't even be game day active.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:03 am

abloom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:30 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:26 am
abloom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:51 am Time to bump this thread...

Sony Michel to the rams
Harris's role seems a lot better now.
Agree, but Rhamondre Stevenson has showed well too. Given NE's tendencies at the position, I err on the side of caution expecting a massive workload from one RB there.
Agreed with Stevenson (mentioned it in a other thread). But I think Harris will get first crack at the starts and Stevenson (who has shown well later in preseason games) will be given carries to rest Harris.
Not understanding people's take on him. Coaches have been less than impressed, from their own mouths, and he's running last in pre-season. The Sony news means he's going to make the team, but Harris, White, JJ Taylor, and then Bolden, who plays special teams, all look to be ahead of him on the depth chart, so that's 4 game day RB's. That leaves Stevenson as a healthy scratch.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:33 am

maybe... or maybe it's one of White & Taylor that's the scratch? Or it just changes every game as it's the Pats
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:35 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:33 am maybe... or maybe it's one of White & Taylor that's the scratch? Or it just changes every game as it's the Pats
I mean, there's no indication that is the case. They are running ahead of him, both are more familiar with the system, and both more trusted by the coaching staff at this point.
Janiel Dones Truther

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:05 pm

I feel like the coaches talking poorly of Stevenson is more of an indication of the opposite of what they will do. When have the Patriots ever told us what they will do or believe and then follow through with it? Seems more like misdirection. Bill does have an uneven history with rookie rbs. Lawrence Maroney and Michel were treated like potential starter running backs right out of the gate. Then Harris gets the rookie treatment.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:10 pm

TheNuts wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:05 pm I feel like the coaches talking poorly of Stevenson is more of an indication of the opposite of what they will do. When have the Patriots ever told us what they will do or believe and then follow through with it? Seems more like misdirection. Bill does have an uneven history with rookie rbs. Lawrence Maroney and Michel were treated like potential starter running backs right out of the gate. Then Harris gets the rookie treatment.
Not sure why he'd be trying to fool people. Stevenson running last in the pre-season is pretty much the indication you need. I'd be surprised if he's getting any touches early in the year. Michel was a first round pick. Harris was day 2. Stevenson day 3. They have little sunk into him. I think it's wishful thinking to think the Pats have some super top secret plan to unleash Rhamondre in the regular season while trying to fool everybody into thinking he needed work in all areas of his game in order to see field time. I think the more likely scenario is that he's a rookie, coming from a vastly different and simpler college scheme, and hasn't gained enough knowledge of the system, assignments etc. to warrant much trust from the staff at this stage of the game.
Janiel Dones Truther

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Harris absolute ceiling is something like 1k yards and 10 Tds, a good RB2, but is he really gonna hit his ceiling on this team? Doubtful. If Mac starts then Harris will get more goal line work so this will help but Harris isnt going to catch much. We know how the pats operate, as talented as Harris looks he will be volatile and when you really need him will have 6 carries for 38 yards and no Tds.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:35 am
Pet_Smith wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:33 am maybe... or maybe it's one of White & Taylor that's the scratch? Or it just changes every game as it's the Pats
I mean, there's no indication that is the case. They are running ahead of him, both are more familiar with the system, and both more trusted by the coaching staff at this point.
And Stevenson probably plays little ST, so he's probably a stash and hope for injury type if you do like him... and even then the Pats will do anything but feature a RB

I'm not buying any of these backs to be honest. I remember trading an older WR for Sony years back and thinking I had one of the biggest buy lows ever. Lol.

BB doesn't care about your fantasy team and I learned not to roster his RB.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:07 pm

TheNuts wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:05 pm I feel like the coaches talking poorly of Stevenson is more of an indication of the opposite of what they will do. When have the Patriots ever told us what they will do or believe and then follow through with it? Seems more like misdirection. Bill does have an uneven history with rookie rbs. Lawrence Maroney and Michel were treated like potential starter running backs right out of the gate. Then Harris gets the rookie treatment.
I think you're on the right track here - it's not about his innate talent, I think they're calling him out on his attitude + work ethic. That was the concern coming out of college; it's no surprise that it may take time for NE to teach him how to be a pro. And of course the risk there is that he still never "gets it" on this front, and gets banished to BB's shadow realm.

But none of that should discount us from seeing what he's putting on film. He's got elite feet, and he's no Blount clone - he's much shiftier, which is crazy for a guy his size. I think he's going to be a factor at some point this season, and will definitely take work from Harris one way or the other at that point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:57 pm

mild wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:07 pm
I think you're on the right track here - it's not about his innate talent, I think they're calling him out on his attitude + work ethic. That was the concern coming out of college; it's no surprise that it may take time for NE to teach him how to be a pro. And of course the risk there is that he still never "gets it" on this front, and gets banished to BB's shadow realm.

But none of that should discount us from seeing what he's putting on film. He's got elite feet, and he's no Blount clone - he's much shiftier, which is crazy for a guy his size. I think he's going to be a factor at some point this season, and will definitely take work from Harris one way or the other at that point.
That has to be hyperbole. Also have to remember, what he's putting on film is mostly vs players who won't be on rosters come September. Needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It's not a bad thing he's shown well late in pre-season games, don't get me wrong, but he's a long way from being given significant touches right now. Being game day active would be a huge win for him at this point. He's also has no upside in the passing game. He's a 2 down banger. Limited FF potential, but if he can get GL work at some point, he might be a flex player in future. I'd personally look to flip him if he has any sort of value increase.
Janiel Dones Truther

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:08 pm

The NE running game is good and it is an enigma; This should surprise no one. Harris is the early down back. He is a good player. Stevenson is most likely the early down backup now and he has flashed as well. The third down backs have also flashed. They will probably keep 4.

That said, BB game plans every team differently down to the position level of his players. Betting on any NE RB week to week the last few years is pretty much an exercise in futility.

Good Luck figuring it all out; Me...... I am staying away like I do annually.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:03 am

mild wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:07 am The biggest winner in all of this is Rhamondre Stevenson, to me.

Him showing out in the preseason basically green-lit this trade.
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:57 pm Being game day active would be a huge win for him at this point.
Don't shoot the messenger. Just saying what I'm seeing, and posting what the beat is saying.

"Damien Harris took the first handoff of every 11-on-11 period, which has been the case throughout the summer. Rhamondre Stevenson took the second handoff each period today, so he got the biggest bump following the Sony Michel trade."

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/14 ... 40194?s=20

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:06 am

mild wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:03 am
mild wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:07 am The biggest winner in all of this is Rhamondre Stevenson, to me.

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:57 pm Being game day active would be a huge win for him at this point.
Don't shoot the messenger. Just saying what I'm seeing, and posting what the beat is saying.

"Damien Harris took the first handoff of every 11-on-11 period, which has been the case throughout the summer. Rhamondre Stevenson took the second handoff each period today, so he got the biggest bump following the Sony Michel trade."

I think when it comes to Patriots RBs versatility matters. Right now JJ Taylor is the only RB that has shown he can be explosive both catching and rushing. So while I believe Harris is the starting rusher, I think that JJ Taylor is going to be that guy that gets his no matter who is there because of that explosiveness and ability to contribute in both facets of the game. Stevenson may be the 2a, but I believe Taylor will be the 1b.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:29 am

The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:06 am
mild wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:03 am

I think when it comes to Patriots RBs versatility matters. Right now JJ Taylor is the only RB that has shown he can be explosive both catching and rushing. So while I believe Harris is the starting rusher, I think that JJ Taylor is going to be that guy that gets his no matter who is there because of that explosiveness and ability to contribute in both facets of the game. Stevenson may be the 2a, but I believe Taylor will be the 1b.
Thing is, it's likely only 1 is active on game day. JJ is a COP back, doesn't have lead back ability. If Harris goes out, Rhamondre may step in, but I think Bolden is still a special teamer, if I'm not mistaken, so if that's the case, Harris, White and Bolden are locks for game day active status, leaving 1 of JJ or Rhamondre, assuming they role with 4 RB's, which is typical.
Janiel Dones Truther

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:37 am

Let's be completely honest, we have no clue in the world about the NE backfield. My gut says it will be the Harris/White show, but I am not gambling on it.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts