Eagles' medical found Harrison brain tumour

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Eagles' medical found Harrison brain tumour

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 am

Rotoworld:
Lions RB Jerome Harrison has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

As Schefter points out, Tuesday's trade might end up saving Harrison's life. If he isn't traded, he doesn't get a physical and the tumor isn't found. Harrison is not expected to play again this season, but the good news is his long-term prognosis appears positive.

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Eagles' medical found Harrison brain tumour

Postby MikeCross » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Sux for Detroit. They really needed Brown. Looks like best is done for the year.
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 pm

MikeCross wrote:Sux for Detroit. They really needed Brown. Looks like best is done for the year.
Coordinator Scott Linehan insists the Lions "fully expect" Jahvid Best (concussion) to play again this season.
It's welcome news on the heels of a report that those close to Best were advising him to sit out the season. The Lions will take extra precaution with Best considering his history. There will be no timetable for a return until after he passes tests and clears the "sensitivity to light" hurdle. Maurice Morris and Keiland Williams will carry the load indefinitely.

This isnt good. I really hope they dont rush him back. If you get knocked out in boxing, your license is suspended for up to 6 months, pending board hearing/medical tests/secerity of blow/etc. If the NFL REALLY wants to do something about player safety, and not just line thier pockets in the name of "safety", they should adopt this protocol when dealing with concussions. But they wont, cos they really dont give a flying F*#k about it.
Adam "PacMan" Jones

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:30 pm

MikeCross wrote:
MikeCross wrote:Sux for Detroit. They really needed Brown. Looks like best is done for the year.
Coordinator Scott Linehan insists the Lions "fully expect" Jahvid Best (concussion) to play again this season.
It's welcome news on the heels of a report that those close to Best were advising him to sit out the season. The Lions will take extra precaution with Best considering his history. There will be no timetable for a return until after he passes tests and clears the "sensitivity to light" hurdle. Maurice Morris and Keiland Williams will carry the load indefinitely.

This isnt good. I really hope they dont rush him back. If you get knocked out in boxing, your license is suspended for up to 6 months, pending board hearing/medical tests/secerity of blow/etc. If the NFL REALLY wants to do something about player safety, and not just line thier pockets in the name of "safety", they should adopt this protocol when dealing with concussions. But they wont, cos they really dont give a flying F*#k about it.
Best is building a history of concussions unfortunately, I remember one he had at CAL that looked HORRIBLE, I do hope they don't rush him back.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:07 pm

MikeCross wrote:If you get knocked out in boxing, your license is suspended for up to 6 months, pending board hearing/medical tests/secerity of blow/etc. If the NFL REALLY wants to do something about player safety, and not just line thier pockets in the name of "safety", they should adopt this protocol when dealing with concussions. But they wont, cos they really dont give a flying F*#k about it.
Boxing is a sport where the entire system is set up to see guys try to beat the brains out of each other - and you accuse the NFL of not caring about their players? :?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:16 pm

skip wrote:
MikeCross wrote:If you get knocked out in boxing, your license is suspended for up to 6 months, pending board hearing/medical tests/secerity of blow/etc. If the NFL REALLY wants to do something about player safety, and not just line thier pockets in the name of "safety", they should adopt this protocol when dealing with concussions. But they wont, cos they really dont give a flying F*#k about it.
Boxing is a sport where the entire system is set up to see guys try to beat the brains out of each other - and you accuse the NFL of not caring about their players? :?
....... yes I am. They make this big front to "protect" WRs and QBs, when all they are doing is killing the core of the game. The WRs shoul.d know that there is a fear factor for going over the middle. A good QB shold lead his WRs away from a hit. A good QB shold tuck the ball and get down, instead of trying to stand in there and let her fly, cos he knows no one is allowed to put a hurtin on him. There is no fear factor, which is the core requirement, when determining if something is a sport, or a game. It is a violent sport, most sports are..... all the way back to roman gladiators. We just dont have kill shots these days. They need to start suspending palyers that get a concussion, and the NFLs tests are a joke. LOL. seriously, any test that clears a player for another shot at getting knocked out, in less than a week., is a joke.
Adam "PacMan" Jones