Spam Offers - Poll: Am I the a-hole?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Am I the asshole?

Yes, hit decline and move on, who cares what the other owner does.
68%
No, this trade tactic is offensive. He is the asshole.
15%
Both, you are an asshole and the trade tactic is offensive.
18%

Total votes: 34

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Spam Offers - Poll: Am I the a-hole?

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon May 11, 2020 9:42 am

"Deep sleepers"?
Did OP say somewhere this was an XFL fantasy league and I missed it?
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 11, 2020 10:01 am

Ten offers from the same owner at the same time is definitely obnoxious. A better tactic that some use, is posting in the chat and trade block the players such as Dez, saying instant accept for any 4th rounder etc. These get results and don't put other owners off. I think in future just tell him privately not to send you those offers. You don't need to speak for the rest of the league.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Mon May 11, 2020 7:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:01 am Ten offers from the same owner at the same time is definitely obnoxious. A better tactic that some use, is posting in the chat and trade block the players such as Dez, saying instant accept for any 4th rounder etc. These get results and don't put other owners off. I think in future just tell him privately not to send you those offers. You don't need to speak for the rest of the league.
pretty good idea. definitely would be easier to deal with this kind of tactic if some of the league sites had built in "tech" to handle it. Block offers, or block declines built into the league site would probably streamline these kind of deals.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Ravenous wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:01 am Ten offers from the same owner at the same time is definitely obnoxious. A better tactic that some use, is posting in the chat and trade block the players such as Dez, saying instant accept for any 4th rounder etc. These get results and don't put other owners off. I think in future just tell him privately not to send you those offers. You don't need to speak for the rest of the league.
pretty good idea. definitely would be easier to deal with this kind of tactic if some of the league sites had built in "tech" to handle it. Block offers, or block declines built into the league site would probably streamline these kind of deals.
its what we always do, Always thought blind trade offers through sites were strange. Your in a dynasty league with these people, part of the experience is chatting with your league mates and negotiating trades. in fact when im not doing housekeeping on the site, the only thing we use it for is to set our lineups and keep track of scores/standings. everything else is manual
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones