Gurley 2020 pick value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Gurley 2020 pick value

Postby Ravenous » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:26 pm

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 am The Rams have major cap issues. They SAVED $10.5M in guarantees just by cutting him when they did. His initial contract was overcooked. Goffs, Donalds and Cooks contracts are also back breakers. I would not be surprised to see Cooks go too, and Clay Mathews was just cut. They handed out huge contracts to a guy with knee problems, a guy with concussion problems and a QB that hardly inspired much confidence last season. Donald is also 29.

As iffy as Gurleys health is, I dont think his performance last year can really be blamed purely on his health. The Rams were garbage down the stretch too.

Im seriously considering offers of late firsts in leagues where I am contending. Its a gamble but I cant see people trading him for a second, most would rather hold. Having him as an RB3 or flex would be worth a ton given his efficiency in the red zone and he is going to have those occasional big weeks if his knee is not completely shot.
From what I read... the Rams saved 10m in real world cash that they would have had to pay for 2020 and 2021 if he was on the roster after the 3rd day in the league year. However, they incurred an additional 3.5 mil dead money cap hit in order to release him. I know the dead money is big..I don't know how it spreads over time.

I wouldn't make a large fantasy bet on any player a team took such a huge dead money hit for. No matter how bad his contract is... if saving 10m real world dollars outweighs having him on your team... gotta be something seriously wrong with his knees.

The pandemic is keeping teams from doing physicals. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Gurley ultimately fails his physical and ends up team less . Trade now while you can get anything.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Update topic closed Re: Gurley 2020 pick value

Postby LMS123 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:36 pm

pinchdrafter wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:06 am Gurley was traded for Mike Williams straight up.

The trade made sense for both teams since both teams were weak for the positions that they received and also were strong from what they sent.

It was accepted before the official announcement of the signing.
This is a disgusting trade, but I don't like Williams
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 pm

LMS123 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:36 pm
pinchdrafter wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:06 am Gurley was traded for Mike Williams straight up.

The trade made sense for both teams since both teams were weak for the positions that they received and also were strong from what they sent.

Gurley is rapidly depreciating. Williams at least has theoretical upside.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:23 pm

Ravenous wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 pm

I'd rather have Gurley on an offence with upside than a downfield jump ball threat with with up Tyrod throwing to him
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:29 am

Darre116ud wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:44 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:12 am He's not worth a first, period, IMO. 2nd. They were willing to part with 20 million in dead cap to release him. He's done as a bell cow, and you have to hope he's a committee back with goal line upside. It's going downhill fast. Guy was an OPOY and is now less than worthless to the team that payed him. People need to realize that it's basically over. I really wanted to think otherwise last off season, but it's pretty clear he's JAG at this point. Sad, really. HOF talent cut down too soon, the league lost a good one. Watching Gurley as a JAG at 25 hurts as a fan of football.
Sorry man but this is laughable. Like really I try to be as respectful as possible on here but you can't go around calling Gurley "Just A Guy" at 25 years old. Did you watch him last year? He certainly isn't the Gurley of old, but as you were saying that was OPOY and potential hall of fame production. With his talent on ATL he's gotta be valued at at least an RB2 and probably a mid to late-ish 1st, absolutely not a price I'd pay for a "JAG".
Don't really care if you think it's laughable. To answer your question, yes, I watched him, and rostered him. His age is irrelevant since his knee isn't that of a 25 year old. It was clear to me he's lost it. I don't know anybody that's paying a mid first for the guy. If you'd pay that, go out and do it, but it would be a bad idea. It's not happening anywhere I know of. Gurley is done as a difference maker. He's going to survive purely on volume, and goal line work just like other JAG's. That's if his knee can hold up to the volume. He's not and never will be the same player he was before the injury, and it will only get worse. Why would anyone pay a first for that? Rb2 for a year or two and then what? Bit player? Out of the league? A first needs more insulation than what Gurley can give you at this point.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:48 am

LMS123 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:23 pm
Ravenous wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 pm

I'd rather have Gurley on an offence with upside than a downfield jump ball threat with with up Tyrod throwing to him
I’d rather have Gurley also, but the fact the rams cut him makes me think there is more to his health than we now. Does anyone know if passed his physical with Atlanta?
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

pnrsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby pnrsteelers » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 am

I am a Gurley owner and would be willing to move him for the right offer and had a owner offer me pick 2:10 and looking at the possible rookie options at that spot and it felt low. But would be willing to move Gurley at a low first or High second appears reasonable and would make the trade
Team 12 PPR

Team 1
QB P Mahomes D Jones Howell
RB A Jones M Sanders B Robinson K Miller
WR A.J Brown CD Lamb G Wilson M Pittman G Davis D Hopkins C Sutton
D Mooney J Myers
TE Freiermuth Meyer Chig

Team 2
QB Mahomes Tua
RB Montgomery Hunt Michel
WR Hopkins Lamb, Boyd McLaurin Higgins Pittman Hardman Mooney G Davis
TE Engram, Fant, Gesicki

Team 3
QB Herbert Fields
RB A Kamara B Robinson J Ford K Miller
WR Metcalf Olave K Shakir D Wicks G Davis J Palmer J Myers Mims
TE Kittle Freiermuth

Team 4
QB Burrow Carr Goff
RB M Sanders K Herbert R Johnson C Rodtiguez
WR J Chase T Higgins C Olave C Godwin D Samuel C Sutton G Davis J Hyatt J Palmer D Wicks
TE G Kittle D Shultz Fant

Team 5 Superflex
QB Fields Pickett Howell
RB Bijan Robinson B Hall Barkley J Warren C Brown Hubbard
WR Godwin Higgins J Palmer Sutton Mims Wicks
TE Fant Kmet Mayer