All Pro

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby esloan35 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:51 am

This thread may be one of the best of all time for DLF! My current RB

Taylor
Etienne
Dobbins
Swift

Entienne is doing it with a lack of line support in my opinion. He is creating at crucial times. I am looking forward to seeing the other bowl games and what the combine brings. Landing spots is crucial for these guys final value.

Good stuff!

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:28 am

I don't pretend to be a talent scout I will rely heavily on draft capital and what people who get paid to evaluate talent say.

But as of now, its hard for me not to have Dobbins at 1.01.

I have an affinity for players who show up against the best competition and in the biggest spots. I know all of the top rbs have had success against good competition but it just seems like Dobbins goes for 200 yards and dominates every ranked team he plays.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:54 am

PTW32 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:28 am I don't pretend to be a talent scout I will rely heavily on draft capital and what people who get paid to evaluate talent say.

I have an affinity for players who show up against the best competition and in the biggest spots. I know all of the top rbs have had success against good competition but it just seems like Dobbins goes for 200 yards and dominates every ranked team he plays.
Nobody is pretending to be a talent scout. We are fans, some ex-players and if you watch enough tape etc you can evaluate a player, we all differ. With that said, the scouts make as many screw ups as the rest of any evaluator.

Dobbins does look real nice. If you have 1.1 in your league I am sure your league mates will support you. Cheers!

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:55 am

PTW32 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:28 am I don't pretend to be a talent scout I will rely heavily on draft capital and what people who get paid to evaluate talent say.

I weigh this heavily too. Dobbins wasn’t in consideration for my 1.02 and 1.03 picks but now he is.

Course, draft position is perhaps my biggest factor so plenty of time to shake it all up yet.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:40 am

Dobbins looks like a complete back. A lot of times he looks like Zeke did at OSU. It's definitely becoming more of a debate who the best back in this class is. You could change your mind on it each day. I'm sure situation will end up being a tiebreaker for some.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:24 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:40 am Dobbins looks like a complete back. A lot of times he looks like Zeke did at OSU. It's definitely becoming more of a debate who the best back in this class is. You could change your mind on it each day. I'm sure situation will end up being a tiebreaker for some.
Well said, and I agree that one could change their mind between many of the top prospects daily.

I guess it's a fine line between sticking to your evaluation and being receptive to new information (i.e. draft slot/depth chart),,,, but in a class this deep, talented, and hyped I find myself shying away from forming any lock-solid preferences or ranks and more so binning & sorting players into categories while waiting for all the remaining relevant and important information to trickle in between January-May.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:24 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:40 am Dobbins looks like a complete back. A lot of times he looks like Zeke did at OSU. It's definitely becoming more of a debate who the best back in this class is. You could change your mind on it each day. I'm sure situation will end up being a tiebreaker for some.
Well said, and I agree that one could change their mind between many of the top prospects daily.

I guess it's a fine line between sticking to your evaluation and being receptive to new information (i.e. draft slot/depth chart),,,, but in a class this deep, talented, and hyped I find myself shying away from forming any lock-solid preferences or ranks and more so binning & sorting players into categories while waiting for all the remaining relevant and important information to trickle in between January-May.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:20 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:25 am Top heavy teams fall easily.

In a deep draft like this I would trade down in heartbeat, but in 2016 for example I wouldnt trade down for anything that wasn't a crazy win because I didn't like many of the prospects that year (Zeke, Michael Thomas, Corey Coleman, and Henry is all I can remember liking)
If that was your read on the draft that year, then you could've done anything you wanted. That's hitting on 3 of your 4 likes in a draft where 95% of the available talent were megabusts.

I wasn't nearly that good, but happily it was my first offseason in dynasty and I was only in 2 leagues at the time, so I only had a couple of firsts to ruin, and happily I ended up okay anyway as I traded out/down with everything save one first which I used on Doctson, but then flipped with the 1.10 for Will Fuller and the 1.12 back in '18 after the Redskins traded for Alex Smith (after that deal, I knew Doctson was done as a redskin if not as a football player, no chance Smith would be throwing him open the way he did with Kelce or Tyreek Hill).

Anyway, '16 as an abomination, and it's amazing you managed to skip pothole players that littered the 1st round, and pretty much every round after as well w/only about 2-3 exceptions.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:44 pm

I had been saying Dobbins has been undervalued in this thread, and was right up there with the other top backs. Glad to see so many are coming around, after getting to see him. He does gain lots of yards off tackle, no doubt, but there are so many examples of NFL type plays if you look for them. He's such a complete RB. Guy just broke Ohio St. single season record, too.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:17 pm

I agree my top 4 seems really uncertain as of now. If the chiefs take any of these 4 guys I’m moving them to 1st.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:12 pm

CeeDee Lamb declared.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Etienne is more explosive than Dobbins and has better contact balance. After vision, those are the most important things for RB success in the NFL IMO. He is the most explosive athlete in a class loaded with them. Him and Taylor are tied for first in my opinion right now. Taylor a little shifter and bigger, but Etienne a little more explosive.

Dobbins is extremely well rounded and plenty explosive. Those other guys are faster and stronger though so I think their ceilings are higher.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:25 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:18 pm Etienne is more explosive than Dobbins and has better contact balance. After vision, those are the most important things for RB success in the NFL IMO. He is the most explosive athlete in a class loaded with them. Him and Taylor are tied for first in my opinion right now. Taylor a little shifter and bigger, but Etienne a little more explosive.

Dobbins is extremely well rounded and plenty explosive. Those other guys are faster and stronger though so I think their ceilings are higher.
I don't agree with that. I think Dobbins has excellent contact balance.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:18 pm Etienne is more explosive than Dobbins and has better contact balance. After vision, those are the most important things for RB success in the NFL IMO. He is the most explosive athlete in a class loaded with them. Him and Taylor are tied for first in my opinion right now. Taylor a little shifter and bigger, but Etienne a little more explosive.

I’m here too, but I can see why there are differs in opinion.. It’s like Maserati versus Ferrari?? I thin Taylor edges Enienne with the physical traits you mentioned but I think the top 3 are close and Swift right there at 4. Lots of evaluation ahead..