Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 pm
ArrylT wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 pm http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -out-a-lot

Sanders expects to be part of an RBBC.
Stacked with Talent? You buying that?

If that was actually the case drafting him with that pick in this draft doesn’t make much sense.
Today on Jake Ceily's pod All In Sports he interviewed Geoff Mosher, senior Eagles reporter who's covered the team for the last 15 years. He did shed some light on the Eagles expectations when they drafted Sanders. He basically said they drafted him to be a featured, 3 down back. Missing all of the off season activities to date has put him way behind.

But make no mistake, Pederson has always run a committee because he HAS to. The Sanders pick is the Eagles desire to give the lionshare of the touches to 1 guy. Right now is the time to buy Sanders. The window will last to maybe mid season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:45 pm
ArrylT wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 pm http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -out-a-lot

Sanders expects to be part of an RBBC.

If that was actually the case drafting him with that pick in this draft doesn’t make much sense.
Today on Jake Ceily's pod All In Sports he interviewed Geoff Mosher, senior Eagles reporter who's covered the team for the last 15 years. He did shed some light on the Eagles expectations when they drafted Sanders. He basically said they drafted him to be a featured, 3 down back. Missing all of the off season activities to date has put him way behind.

But make no mistake, Pederson has always run a committee because he HAS to. The Sanders pick is the Eagles desire to give the lionshare of the touches to 1 guy. Right now is the time to buy Sanders. The window will last to maybe mid season.
Then will open again when he fumbles 3 times..... :biggrin:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Well get him while hes cheap. Staley already addressed the fumble issues in an interview recently. Mentioned that the fix is very simple and its not something thats taught in college (cant find the link to the article). Im not overly concerned.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Well get him while hes cheap. Staley already addressed the fumble issues in an interview recently. Mentioned that the fix is very simple and its not something thats taught in college (cant find the link to the article). Im not overly concerned.
Here's the article in case anyone's interested: https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaea ... agles.html

And his fumbling issues were already completely overblown. If you actually watch them at least 4 were literally miscommunications with the option read; which is either the result of the QB being indecisive with his reads or the RB clenching down too quickly on the ball.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:20 pm
Bot101 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Here's the article in case anyone's interested: https://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaea ... agles.html

And his fumbling issues were already completely overblown. If you actually watch them at least 4 were literally miscommunications with the option read; which is either the result of the QB being indecisive with his reads or the RB clenching down too quickly on the ball.
I like Sanders. Bot and I just have a healthy disagreement over who the top back in this class is. I was just ribbing him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Yes we're just havin fun. Just like Penny vs Guice last year lol.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:21 pm

And neither of those guys let you down..
:(

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:24 am
Vcize wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:55 am Sanders has loads of talent. The draft position of others in different drafts means NOTHING.

What the Eagles did in the past means nothing.

If Sanders is the best back, can run, catch, and deal with pass protection then he will be a stud for the Eagles.

Just because teams used RBBC in the past is not close to an indicator of what they will do in the future.

Teams win putting their best players on the field as much as feasibly possible. Thinking otherwise is straight up foolish.

Obviously Philly thinks he has a shot to be a star or they never would have drafted him there.
This sounds exactly like what people were trying to convince themselves about Sean Payton years ago.
Read that sentence.....

Payton as a coach isn't a fool. Coaches highlight the best players. Kamara was a top 5 back in a so called committee approach with 194 carries. CMC was a top 2 fantasy back with only 219 carries.

The bottom line is Sanders can not only run the ball he can also catch. In today's NFL coaches are looking for do it all RB's that can impact the game in more spread offense at a fast pace between the 20's.

The whole concept of RBBC is pretty passe in ppr fantasy football. If a fantasy owners want to draft a runner only limited receiving skills then IMO they will be disappointed most likely. Jordan Howard as an example was 5th in carries last year in the NFL but ranked 38th in fantasy scoring points per game. Cohen ranked 50th in carries but 12th in fantasy scoring.

Sanders was drafted high because he has a diversified skill set. While he isn't Barkley as I have stated, he does possess the same type of skill sets. Go back and look at the combine if you want to see athletic comparisons. The tape will show running styles.

His last year at State, Sanders had 244 touches which included 24 receptions.

My take is people may be discounting him because of his college stats but then again he played behind Barkley and pretty much every back in today's NFL would have too. Barkley is a 4.4 guy, Sanders is 4.45 guy. Both are fluid players and both have wiggle, burst, and vision.

Sanders is way better than many around here think IMO. Time will tell but he was drafted to be an impact player and he does have the skill set to be just that.

I pretty much share your opinions. I think teams, while they are using satellite backs, are circling back to an understanding of how crucial it is to have do it all backs to camouflage play calling. If Tarik Cohen rolls in as a single back, defenses are right to assume it's a pass play. If Jordan Howard rolls in as a single back, the opposite is true. Only the real dunderheaded teams are failing to take that into account at this point. Either you can have a RB corps made up of multidimensional backs (which is mostly what Philly has had) or you can have a do it all back, if you don't have either of those things, you have problems, because your play calling is significantly easier to defend against.

I can't imagine Philly would have utilized top 50 or so draft capital on a player like Sanders for any reason other than trying to better camouflage their play calling. I think they traded for Howard for depth, and then Sanders fell into their laps and they couldn't say now. I think if they'd known ahead of time Sanders would be there at slot, they wouldn't have traded for Howard because while he's improved at pass catching, he's still a give away of a run play call that defenses are willing to risk keying on.

Sanders was the top RB in his high school recruiting class, his metrics are all good, his solitary issues are production, late breakout age, both of which are largely washed away by the presence of the top rated RB prospect probably since Ricky Williams twenty years ago, and fumbling. He's my RB1 this year, pretty easily, and I'll gladly take the risk and have. Frustrated to not land him in a couple of leagues, but so far I've landed him in 4 of my 9 rookie drafts, my failures to land him have all been premised on him going substantially before I could reach him (frustrating in two leagues, where I have a distinct RB need and couldn't get him in either league).

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:43 pm

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/miles-s ... 90807.html

Interesting article with a couple of interesting comments that I think we should remember such as:

"There are few positions in the NFL where a player’s brand recognition can suffer as fast as at running back. This is in large part because the replacement cost is lower than at any other position. Know your assignment, hang on to the football, work hard, and stay healthy -- those are your primary responsibilities. Everything else is secondary. Hitting the right hole, exploding out of your cut, seeing your lanes, finishing your runs -- all of that matters only after you’ve established that you aren’t a liability."

I also think it will be interesting to see what happens after Week I.

If Sanders has what dlf_mikeh is looking for in Week I (read his article) it will be interesting to see whether the mass of owners will view this has a positive or a negative.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Skullcrusher
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Miles Sander

Postby Skullcrusher » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Interested in your thoughts on value of Miles Sanders in terms of picks.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Miles Sander

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Most I could see him going for is a late 1, and not sure I would be comfortable paying even that for him.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:07 pm

I wouldn’t give a first for him. He looks like an athletic guy who lacks football ability. I try to avoid those types as coaches tend to hate them.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Late first/early 2nd in the 2020 class.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 pm

If you have him, hold unless you need something to push for a title now. Sanders is a very raw player as he only had 1 year as the starting RB when Barkley left. Once he gets up to speed and learns how to run between the tackles, you'll be very happy you held. Hes someone to hold for next year. A lot of people who believe in Sanders knew it would likely be a rocky start. And that injury during camp put him further behind.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:09 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:07 pm I wouldn’t give a first for him. He looks like an athletic guy who lacks football ability. I try to avoid those types as coaches tend to hate them.
The interesting part is coming out of college I thought he was a good football player with ok to good athletic traits. I'm hoping this is just him adjusting as he hasn't looked like the player I drafted, but has looked like a really good receiver which I thought would be his weakness. :shrugs: