Final Rookie RB Ranking

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Final Rookie RB Ranking

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed May 29, 2019 1:22 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:57 am Wow Sanders > Chubb and Jacobs = Chubb. Bold takes but I can't get on board with that. Had Chubb not blown out his knee he would've been in the discussion for 1.01 with Barkley and it looks like Chubb is all the way back from that knee now. Sanders nor Jacobs are even close to Barkley's level.
ya that was about where i tapped out too...
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed May 29, 2019 1:26 pm

i also just went thru that draft... why did you ignore your team in order to take all the rbs you mentioned in your report lol? you have 5 wr and 2 play for buffalo and another is david moore.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu May 30, 2019 4:49 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:26 pmi also just went thru that draft... why did you ignore your team in order to take all the rbs you mentioned in your report lol? you have 5 wr and 2 play for buffalo and another is david moore.
Know the rules of your league.

1) I only need to start one WR. I have Michael Thomas & DJ Moore.
2) RBs tend to produce right away. WRs take time. I plan on using those late round RBs in trade (like I do every year).
3) This is a contract league. Getting a WR on a 4 year deal means he'll be a free agent at 25 or 26, right when he's starting to hit his prime.

I wouldn't do that in a normal dynasty league. In my forever league (TruNFL/TE Premium) I was at 1.03 with Sanders on the board, and traded back to take Parris & Fant.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:45 am

If this was covered somewhere else I couldn't find it: where would you (dlf_mikeh specifically, but others welcome to respond) rank Guice among the incoming class?

I have Guice on my team, but could probably get any of the incoming RBs in exchange for him, except maybe Jacobs. Pretty confident I could get Sanders for him...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:45 am If this was covered somewhere else I couldn't find it: where would you (dlf_mikeh specifically, but others welcome to respond) rank Guice among the incoming class?

I have Guice on my team, but could probably get any of the incoming RBs in exchange for him, except maybe Jacobs. Pretty confident I could get Sanders for him...
Guice is a 100% guess for me. Montgomery was my "no idea" pick of the draft. Guice was my "no idea" pick last year. And if you add that injury into it, he's even more of a mystery. The reason is because of his bizarre antics leading up to the NFL draft. Tre Mason "went loco" and disappeared from the face of the Earth, and ever since then I've been avoiding RBs who give me similar reason to pause. Guice was that guy for me.

I think I'd have him behind both Jacobs & Sanders, and talent-wise on part with Montgomery, but I still don't trust him.

It's honestly a total mystery, and I haven't the slightest idea of what he might do this year. He could be amazing and I wouldn't be shocked. He could find himself on IR again and I wouldn't be shocked.

I will also say this: Not many RBs are out for the season in their rookie years and then go on to perform at a high level year two. Proceed with caution.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:21 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:59 am
jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:45 am If this was covered somewhere else I couldn't find it: where would you (dlf_mikeh specifically, but others welcome to respond) rank Guice among the incoming class?

Guice is a 100% guess for me. Montgomery was my "no idea" pick of the draft. Guice was my "no idea" pick last year. And if you add that injury into it, he's even more of a mystery. The reason is because of his bizarre antics leading up to the NFL draft. Tre Mason "went loco" and disappeared from the face of the Earth, and ever since then I've been avoiding RBs who give me similar reason to pause. Guice was that guy for me.

I think I'd have him behind both Jacobs & Sanders, and talent-wise on part with Montgomery, but I still don't trust him.

It's honestly a total mystery, and I haven't the slightest idea of what he might do this year. He could be amazing and I wouldn't be shocked. He could find himself on IR again and I wouldn't be shocked.

I will also say this: Not many RBs are out for the season in their rookie years and then go on to perform at a high level year two. Proceed with caution.
Thanks for the reply!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:58 am

If DM would have sunk his hips any further at 1:33, he'd have dragged his balls through the grass:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160264068290228224

:surprised:

Not bad vision on that play either.

:biggrin:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:30 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:58 am If DM would have sunk his hips any further at 1:33, he'd have dragged his balls through the grass:

Damn straight he did, WOW!

I've actually bought into this kid a little more. I don't know the Bears wanted to do more power, tried that and failed with Jordan Howard, went back to zone for the remainder of 2018, and then drafted Montgomery for the sole purpose of getting back to a power attack. I reviewed Howard when he was running zone and figured... well to make a long story short, I was wrong and a user on the forums corrected me.

Monty is a power back in a power system, so his strengths are going to be used to the fullest extent. I'll have to edit the first post to reflect that. But I'm still keeping him at RB13-18 because he should be sharing so much with Cohen and Davis.

Those sinking of the hips are new. The catch and run was ridiculous. I didn't realize it before but he faked a step forward and did a stop-and-go technique! WTF!? I don't think I've ever seen that in my life. It made the defender stop dead in his tracks! And those jump cuts... omfg you can't do that without good vision.

Yup. This kid is good.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:35 am

Darwin Thompson deserves a mention too. I have no idea how I didn't put him up on my list since I took him in every single draft?

He's not going to be a 3 down back because of his size, so I will be trading him away when he reaches peak value. But all training camp he's been making noise, and week 1 of the preseason only elevated his hype even more.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:30 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:30 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:58 am If DM would have sunk his hips any further at 1:33, he'd have dragged his balls through the grass:

Damn straight he did, WOW!

I've actually bought into this kid a little more. I don't know the Bears wanted to do more power, tried that and failed with Jordan Howard, went back to zone for the remainder of 2018, and then drafted Montgomery for the sole purpose of getting back to a power attack. I reviewed Howard when he was running zone and figured... well to make a long story short, I was wrong and a user on the forums corrected me.

Monty is a power back in a power system, so his strengths are going to be used to the fullest extent. I'll have to edit the first post to reflect that. But I'm still keeping him at RB13-18 because he should be sharing so much with Cohen and Davis.

Those sinking of the hips are new. The catch and run was ridiculous. I didn't realize it before but he faked a step forward and did a stop-and-go technique! WTF!? I don't think I've ever seen that in my life. It made the defender stop dead in his tracks! And those jump cuts... omfg you can't do that without good vision.

Yup. This kid is good.
The reason he had to make that move on the screen compared to some other backs is his lack of speed. A faster back would have turned that screen into more, BUT it's good to see he has good spacial awareness and knows his own limits, to create the yards he's capable of gaining.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bstraw53
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bstraw53 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:20 pm

For what it is worth, in both the dynasty drafts that I run, Monty went 1.01. I owned the 1.01 and spent 2 weeks justifying taking him because I am a Bears fan. I always lower Bears players in my rankings because I used to be a huge homer and it cost me more than a few times. The other owner who took him 1.01 is a very knowledgeable owner and wound NEVER draft a Bear if he could avoid it. This tells me he has bought in as well.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Montgomery > Sanders.
Wish I wouldn't have let dlf_mikeh cloud my judgement a few months ago.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:01 pm

JTLoh wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pmMontgomery > Sanders.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:25 pm

More and more I'm beginning to think Singletary is the steal of this class.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:25 pm More and more I'm beginning to think Singletary is the steal of this class.
I'm with you. I spent all my 2nds on him.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs: