Which Buy Low do you avoid?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Which Buy Low do you avoid?

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:44 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm AJG and Thielen as buy lows? Nevermind avoiding them.
I think people value youth way too much. They also devalue age by saying, if I can't buy them now, get 2-3 years of production AND sell at the same price, I'm not interested. Those 2-3 years of AJG could be business as usual...

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:59 am

Not a fan of Fuller because I hate inconsistency/injuries. Guy’s undoubtedly talented but I doubt he ever reaches his true potential considering he gets injured every single year. That said, if you’re fine with having a high-end WR2/low-end WR1 for 4-6 games a year who’s proly useless after those games, I think he’s a fine buy. You just have to expect he’ll be useless for 8-10 weeks each year.

Didn’t even know people were touting Lamar Miller, RoJo or JoHo as buy-lows but I’d stay away from all three. Ronald Jones just sucks. He has nowhere to go but up so if you can get him for super cheap, why not. Given that you’d proly have to pay for Miller or Howard, I’d stay away. Howard especially has Alfred Morris-vibes as someone said earlier. Still on his rookie deal and already getting phased out of Chicago’s offense. Assuming Cohen continues to dominate snaps, he may never be a workhorse-level starter again in this league.

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:27 am

I love Landry at his current price

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:44 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm AJG and Thielen as buy lows? Nevermind avoiding them.
I think people value youth way too much. They also devalue age by saying, if I can't buy them now, get 2-3 years of production AND sell at the same price, I'm not interested. Those 2-3 years of AJG could be business as usual...
Amen. :thumbup:
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:42 am

ajf235 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:59 am Not a fan of Fuller because I hate inconsistency/injuries. Guy’s undoubtedly talented but I doubt he ever reaches his true potential considering he gets injured every single year. That said, if you’re fine with having a high-end WR2/low-end WR1 for 4-6 games a year who’s proly useless after those games, I think he’s a fine buy. You just have to expect he’ll be useless for 8-10 weeks each year.

Didn’t even know people were touting Lamar Miller, RoJo or JoHo as buy-lows but I’d stay away from all three. Ronald Jones just sucks. He has nowhere to go but up so if you can get him for super cheap, why not. Given that you’d proly have to pay for Miller or Howard, I’d stay away. Howard especially has Alfred Morris-vibes as someone said earlier. Still on his rookie deal and already getting phased out of Chicago’s offense. Assuming Cohen continues to dominate snaps, he may never be a workhorse-level starter again in this league.
I actually think the complete opposite of Fuller and view him as a guy who can give your WR's a boost, his injuries a I don't believe are ones that can justify him as injury prone, I believe he was healthy his rookie season.

2017 Broken Collar bone -
2018 ACL tear.

If he had like a foot problem like Watkins I would agree, or back issues like Gronk, but you cant really think hes going to keep getting injuries like that?

I bought him cheap last season, if you consider Kenyan Drake Cheap, and am very happy about him being my 3rd WR behind OBJ, Evans.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:54 am

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:42 am
ajf235 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:59 am Not a fan of Fuller because I hate inconsistency/injuries. Guy’s undoubtedly talented but I doubt he ever reaches his true potential considering he gets injured every single year. That said, if you’re fine with having a high-end WR2/low-end WR1 for 4-6 games a year who’s proly useless after those games, I think he’s a fine buy. You just have to expect he’ll be useless for 8-10 weeks each year.

I actually think the complete opposite of Fuller and view him as a guy who can give your WR's a boost, his injuries a I don't believe are ones that can justify him as injury prone, I believe he was healthy his rookie season.

2018 ACL tear.

If he had like a foot problem like Watkins I would agree, or back issues like Gronk, but you cant really think hes going to keep getting injuries like that?

I bought him cheap last season, if you consider Kenyan Drake Cheap, and am very happy about him being my 3rd WR behind OBJ, Evans.
When you put it like that, I see what you’re saying. I think you changed my mind. I initially thought he missed 6+ games each year and that this was his 4th year in the league but when you break down his injuries and games played each year, you might be right.

He could be a good buy like Keenan Allen was when he was considered “injury prone.” I never questioned Fuller’s talent or good situation, but given that his injuries were both kind of freak, non-recurring injuries, I’ve changed my stance.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:55 am

ajf235 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:54 am
joeya2001 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:42 am

2018 ACL tear.

When you put it like that, I see what you’re saying. I think you changed my mind. I initially thought he missed 6+ games each year and that this was his 4th year in the league but when you break down his injuries and games played each year, you might be right.

He could be a good buy like Keenan Allen was when he was considered “injury prone.” I never questioned Fuller’s talent or good situation, but given that his injuries were both kind of freak, non-recurring injuries, I’ve changed my stance.
If you get Fuller, just make sure you also get Keke. When Fuller is healthy he blows up, and when Fuller is out of the lineup, Keke tends to be a solid ppr play.

Just a little insurance if you like Fuller but are put off by the injury history.

When Fuller is healthy...he can be anywhere between a top 5 to 15 WR, kids a stud and has great chemistry with Watson.

Great buy low.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:13 am

From that list its RoNo and its not even close.

but it’s exactly was posted above...it depends on what the offered rate is. I wouldn’t give an Xth round pick for RoNo but I’d think about an Xth+1th, for example.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:17 am

toss wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:44 am
Amen. :thumbup:
Ill clarify. Its not just age. The reason I'm avoiding as a buy low is because of his health. Its been a problem for awhile now.

As for Thielen, yes hes a little older. However I dont believe he will ever reach what we saw for the first half of last season. I believe the second half of the season is what he will be regularly going forward. And I dont want to be caught holding the bag on a guy like him.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:45 pm

zoster80 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:21 am This is kind of an against the grain type question....Who is someone that everyone is pinpointing as a great buy low, that you think is probably not a good target?

Some candidates are...
Fournette
Davis
Landry
D Freeman
Will Fuller
R Freeman
J Howard
Ajayi
L Miller
R jones
I'm not completely avoiding anyone. It all depends on the price.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:08 pm

Landry, Fuller, Miller, Jones. Was up and down on some of them last few years, but I think I'm down to stay.

The others, depends on the price.

The only one on that list I own is Davis - leaning towards keeping him at least one more year unless the offer blows me away. Which I'm not expecting given an up and down 2018.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

jessup45
Starter
Starter

Postby jessup45 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:58 pm

Miller and Ajayi top the list for me. I don't see miller landing in anything better than a committee or backup role. Ajayi is also going to be lowest on the tier of FA RBs to get a spot. Neither carry a ton of upside for me. Also not a huge fan of RoJo. The fact that Barber had the lowest RBC of any RB in the league and RoJo still couldn't get on the field is a VERY VERY bad sign.
Team 1
12 Teams - .5 pt. PPR
QB: Newton, A. Dalton, Foles
RB: Connor, Fournette, Freeman , McCoy, G. Edwards, Clement, C. Warren
WR: A. Brown, K. Allen, Hilton, Crabtree, R. Foster, M. Harris, C. Patterson, C. Conley
TE: Kelce , C. Herndon, D. Walker

Team 2
16 Teams - PPR
QB: Ryan, Roethlisberger, Foles
RB: Connor, Bell , Lindsay, McCoy, Lynch, Smallwood, P. Barber, I. Smith, Bibbs
WR: Thielen, Juju, D. Adams, Jeffrey, S. Roberts, T. Sharpe, A. Callaway, M. Harris
TE: Ebron, Cook, Eifert, Dickson

Team 3
12 Teams - TE Premium PPR (limited roster 16/20)
QB: Rogers
RB: J. Howard, Chubb, C. Thompson, RoJo, P. Barber
WR: Hilton, Edelman, R. Anderson M. Gallup, C. Kirk, J. Crowder, M. Harris
TE: Njoku

Team 4
12 Team - PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex)
QB: Watson,
RB: Zeke, Guice, Michel, P. Barber, Ballage, C.J. Anderson
WR: Hopkins, Golladay, Fitzy, Z. Jones, T. Benjamin, C. Coleman, C. Conley, B. Perriman, S. Roberts
TE: Engram, Eifert

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Lamar Miller easy but is he really a buy low? Im starting to lose faith in Corey Davis so he might fit here
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard