Whats Funchess worth - TRADE MADE

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Whats Funches worth in picks

High 2nd
14%
Mid 2nd
28%
Low 2nd
19%
High 3rd
8%
Mid 3rd
19%
Low 3rd
3%
4th
6%
5th
No votes
I wouldn't give up anything for him, he's a drop to me
3%

Total votes: 72

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Whats Funchess worth - TRADE MADE

Postby Wizard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Funchess is still pretty young (24) and has played with a pretty poor passing QB, Newton. He's probably going to go to a new team in free agency. What do think about him and what level draft pick would you give up for him?

Thanks for everyone's input, just traded for him for a mid/late 3rd
Last edited by Wizard on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Whats Funches worth

Postby IBall2 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:25 pm

I'd sell for a mid second round pick. General consensus is that we've already seen his peak and wont get any better with a new team. If you like to go against the grain of group-think, he's worth the buy at that price.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:45 pm

I bought him mid-season for a 2019 mid 3rd. I got a few decent starts out of him. I would sell now for that same price if someone came a knocking but I doubt they will. I will hold until he lands on a new team and I can put my sleazy car salesman hat on and talk him up until I get value out of him

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Do you think you could get a better player in the middle of round 3? Seems to me that everything I read says most 3rd, very high percentage are busts.

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

You forgot an S in Funchess. ;)

I concur that the odds you find a better player in the 3rd or later are less - but we all know the allure of the unknown, and the cost vs. risk/reward. Many people would rather spend a 3rd or a 4th and be ok with it not turning out, than spending a higher pick on someone they may already feel has reached their ceiling. We all remember the hits more than the misses anyways.

Doesnt mean I advocate Funchess < 3rd, just that I think I understand the rationale of those that do.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Whats Funchess worth

Postby honcho55 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 pm

I'm going to be targeting Funchess *with* a 3rd in my rookie/vet draft for sig league. I think roster settings/league sizes can really throw these kinds of polls around a lot.

I was starting to heat up on Funch a bit back, but Newtons shoulder dying kinda killed the momentum. Be interesting to see what shakes out.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:43 pm

So maybe this should be another thread but what's everyone's thought, did Funchess already peak? Like I said in the original post, he's only 24 and Newton isn't known as the best QB for fantasy WR.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:53 pm

I'm not buying him anywhere, starting requirements would have go be pretty deep to make him viable

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 pm

bout tree fiddy

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Maker wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:43 pm So maybe this should be another thread but what's everyone's thought, did Funchess already peak? Like I said in the original post, he's only 24 and Newton isn't known as the best QB for fantasy WR.
Funch was actually being productive the first 7 or 8 games this year, then something happened, I don't know if it was the injury to Cam or what, but they stopped using him. I think Funch can be what he was the year before, 800-900 yards and 8 TD's in the right offense. He's always going to be a red zone threat. I don't think he'll ever be a WR1 on a team, but could be a decent WR2 on the right team.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

zuzaque
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zuzaque » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 pm

I think he's worth at least a second. He was young coming into the league and learning a new position. It took him this long to adjust, I'm not ready to call him done at 24.

I was hoping some of my league mates were in this thread, so I offered a third for him everywhere I didn't already have him. All were rejected

He's never gonna be the flashiest, but I can see him reaching 1000 yards a couple times in the next several years

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:54 am

zuzaque wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 pm I think he's worth at least a second. He was young coming into the league and learning a new position. It took him this long to adjust, I'm not ready to call him done at 24.

I was hoping some of my league mates were in this thread, so I offered a third for him everywhere I didn't already have him. All were rejected

He's never gonna be the flashiest, but I can see him reaching 1000 yards a couple times in the next several years
Alas it looks like you did not have any of your trading partners at "Hello".

Certainly a good idea to explore, with Funchess, along with several other players, to see if there is a value gap an owner can exploit. Sorry that it did not work out (so far). I think many Funchess owners, again like with several other players, are likely the ones owning him because they believe (or understand there is opportunity) the most. Where he goes in FA is likely to shift the market (positively or negatively) soon enough.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 am

Mid to late 3rd. He's 24, right situation (GB? SF?) and he could be a nice WR4.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:56 am

How often do WRs go to a better situation in FA and produce better than their original situation? Woods is the only one that sticks out to me that actually got a lot better by leaving Buffalo. Marvin Jones did alright for 1 season after leaving Cinci, Robinson hasn't looked anything more than mediocre in Chicago.

Teams don't resign WRs because they feel they have already seen the best of said WR. I wouldn't bank on Funchess turning into a weekly starter like Robert Woods but I could see him gain a little value for a year, then fade like Marvin Jones is doing currently.

Bjordan554207
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bjordan554207 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:13 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:56 am How often do WRs go to a better situation in FA and produce better than their original situation? Woods is the only one that sticks out to me that actually got a lot better by leaving Buffalo. Marvin Jones did alright for 1 season after leaving Cinci, Robinson hasn't looked anything more than mediocre in Chicago.

Teams don't resign WRs because they feel they have already seen the best of said WR. I wouldn't bank on Funchess turning into a weekly starter like Robert Woods but I could see him gain a little value for a year, then fade like Marvin Jones is doing currently.
Building onto what this guy just said.

Since 2001 78 receivers that were in the top 50 WRs in ADP have switched locations.

Only 25 of them had an increase in production or kept the same pace. All the other receivers declined in PPG.

So you’re looking about a 33% chance of a guy switching teams even matching his production from his previous team.
12 team Half point PPR
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/Def/Kicker
Andy Dandy and the Funky Bunch
QB: Kirk Cousins, Mitchell Trubisky,
RB: Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Derrius Guice, Jamal Williams, Kenneth Dixon, Elijah McGuire, Devontae Booker
WR: Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Boyd, Sammy Watkins, Robby Anderson, John Ross, Jordan Lasley, Albert Wilson, Isaiah McKenzie, Kendrick Bourne
TE: Tyler Eifert, Tre Burton, Gerald Everett,
Def: Ravens
K: Greg Zuerlein

2018 champ