General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Price check - Chubb

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 am

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:20 am
heyfeefellskee wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 pm Top 5 run D, he passed the test. Over 4 YPC, and a TD, (and could have had a 2nd but for a QB sneak attempt at the half yard line). Chubb made good on his first game on the road against a good run D, and his price is not going down after this.
TBB was ranked 21 out of 32 for rushing defense DVOA as of 10/16 according to Football Outsiders.
How dare you let facts get in the way of a hype thread!

I watched the full game in anticipation of a breakout and I was largely disappointed. I thought he looked good, pretty similar to Carlos Hyde level, and funnily enough they have pretty similar running styles. He ran through some arm tackles, but I didn't see a ton of magic. If they love him there I think he can be a backend RB1 as his ceiling, and probably settles in around RB15 especially with Duke Johnson around. Good player but currently overpriced due to the hype and not someone I am rushing to buy.
Funny thing is, the *entire* Cleveland offense looked pretty weird until the 2nd half.

I think it's very strange (and infuriating) to hear Hue Jackson talk about how he wants to get more involved in the playcalling again. Like, dude, YOU'RE the problem to begin with.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am
kris_kapsner wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:33 am With the trade of Hyde to Jax, I'd rather own Chubb than the 1st overall pick in next year's draft. So, it would take much more than that to get him from me.

He's young and a stud in the making. I think he will work his way into low RB1 to high RB2 status in leagues by the end of this season.
It’s fine to be excited about Nick Chubb, there is a lot to be excited about. But I would caution you that unless you believe he is a second round start up pick next year that the 1.01 will probably be worth more in May. Not based on my personal opinion of Chubb or the talent coming out of college next year...just based on historical data.

My personal opinion of Chubb is that he's an excellent runner of the football and if you got him at a discount in rookie drafts because of the presence of Hyde...good work. Downside is that he's paired with an excellent pass catcher and underrated runner in Duke Johnson, who happens to be under contract for the entire length of Chubb's rookie contract. If the Browns offense starts to fire Chubb could be a TD machine but he won't have safety of a high floor from being targeted a lot in the passing game.

As a Chubb owner, I agree, I would rather have the 1.01 no questions.

However, I'm still pretty excited to have him, he has the physical tools and the work to be a RB1 period. He's tied to a young QB and a solid WR/TE core. Its his first game and I'm happy with the results. Once Mayfield becomes a bit better in the passing games more lanes will open up for him. He can only go up from here.

if you don't believe in him, by all means sell now, or wait for a huge game then sell. I'm not worried about Duke really, he kept the same role that he had with Hyde there.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:52 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 am
0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:20 am
heyfeefellskee wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:18 am

TBB was ranked 21 out of 32 for rushing defense DVOA as of 10/16 according to Football Outsiders.
How dare you let facts get in the way of a hype thread!

I watched the full game in anticipation of a breakout and I was largely disappointed. I thought he looked good, pretty similar to Carlos Hyde level, and funnily enough they have pretty similar running styles. He ran through some arm tackles, but I didn't see a ton of magic. If they love him there I think he can be a backend RB1 as his ceiling, and probably settles in around RB15 especially with Duke Johnson around. Good player but currently overpriced due to the hype and not someone I am rushing to buy.
Funny thing is, the *entire* Cleveland offense looked pretty weird until the 2nd half.

I think it's very strange (and infuriating) to hear Hue Jackson talk about how he wants to get more involved in the playcalling again. Like, dude, YOU'RE the problem to begin with.

Yeah as it was pointed out TB lost their star 'backer and that may have been why Chubb looked so much better in the 2nd half.
I think Hue Jackson definitely needs to go, this team has winning potential and that doesn't really fit it in the Hue's personality. I think they are not correctly utilizing some of their players as well, namely Landry and Antonio Callaway. Why haven't they designed some tandem slants/go routes for Landry/AC. Maybe they are just trying to do to much and need to slim it down for Baker. He's got a ton of potential but he's still a rookie, perhaps simplify some aspects for this season.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:56 am

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 am I'm still pretty excited to have him
You should be excited, he's a great football player and def has massive potential to be a great fantasy asset. Based on the fact that he's a quality, young RB prospect he kinda falls in that category of, "don't sell unless being overpaid". It's going to be a very rare situation where anyone would be better off selling at market value. Scarcity and fragility of the RB position makes him very valuable to his owners.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm

I'm surprised at how negative everyone is being with Chubb. He's a great running back who is basically assured the starting job for the foreseeable future. He has a difficult game and is still able to come out with a respectable stat line.

I don't understand the hesitation. Everyone is saying he's overvalued, but I'm seeing the exact opposite.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:25 pm Regardless of whether you like him or not, he's easily worth at minimum a first. It's not even close for me.
He's not just worth any 1st either. At this moment in time he's worth a projected early 1st for me, no question.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm

And people were worried about Hyde. Always side with the talent, depth charts changed every 5 minutes in the NFL.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm And people were worried about Hyde. Always side with the talent, depth charts changed every 5 minutes in the NFL.
What makes you think Chubb is more talented than Carlos Hyde? Just curious, as they were both 2nd round picks and talent-wise I see very little between them.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:58 pm And people were worried about Hyde. Always side with the talent, depth charts changed every 5 minutes in the NFL.
What makes you think Chubb is more talented than Carlos Hyde? Just curious, as they were both 2nd round picks and talent-wise I see very little between them.
It's not an equal comparison today though, Hyde is significantly older than Chubb in NFL years. Hyde's best days are behind him, Chubbs are ahead of him. Adrian Peterson is more talented than Chubb but who are you taking in dynasty at this point?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Chubb pre-draft was much more impressive than Hyde pre-draft, in my opinion. Hyde's RB class was also much thinner than the 2018 class. There was no one. Hyde would've been something like RB8-9 in this class.

Quit hating on the guy and buy him. You'll thank me later.

hotrod
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hotrod » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:16 pm

The Michel owner in my league is offering Michel and a late first for my Chubb but I am wavering. My team is done this year. Should I be jumping on that offer? I also live in CLE with league full of Browns homers so Chubb's value is inflated even more here.
Team 1
12tm, roster=20, Start QRRWWTFKD
noppr, 1pt per 10 pass yds, 1pt per 5 rush/rec yds, All tds 6pts, milestone bonuses

QB: Murray, Minshew, Foles
RB: Coleman, Chubb, Dobbins, Henderson, Harris, Hunt, Michel
WR: Evans, Hopkins, ARob, C Samuel
TE: J Smith, Tonyan, Jarwin
DST: Seahawks, Packers
2020: 1.08, 2.08, 3.08

Team 2
12 tm superflex, roster=25, start 1-2 qb, 1-5 rb, 1-5 wr, 1-2 te, d
standard scoring, .5ppr, all tds=6pts
QB: Foles, Glennon, McCoy, Minshew, Prescott, Wentz
RB: Bell, Malcolm Brown, Cook, Duke Johnson, Kamara, Josh Kelly, Perine, Sanders
WR: Corey Davis, Evans, Fuller, Ridley, Arob, M Thomas, P Williams
TE: Hooper, Waller
DST: Ravens, Vikings
2021: 3.11
2022: 2nd, 3rd

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:22 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:37 pm
Chubb pre-draft was much more impressive than Hyde pre-draft, in my opinion. Hyde's RB class was also much thinner than the 2018 class. There was no one. Hyde would've been something like RB8-9 in this class.

Quit hating on the guy and buy him. You'll thank me later.
Not hating on him, as I like Hyde as a running back. I just don't see Chubb as a significant upgrade over Hyde, especially with his role as 2-down grinder on the Browns. Considering their other holes I think they would have been better served using that 2nd rounder on someone else. They love Duke on 3rd down, so is Chubb-Duke really better than Hyde-Duke? They got a 5th rounder back for Hyde, but that 2nd seems like an unnecessary expense in hindsight. I guess we will see.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:25 pm

hotrod wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:16 pm The Michel owner in my league is offering Michel and a late first for my Chubb but I am wavering. My team is done this year. Should I be jumping on that offer? I also live in CLE with league full of Browns homers so Chubb's value is inflated even more here.
I would take that pretty easily. Michel and Chubb is about a wash right now. You're getting a first on top of it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:28 pm

hotrod wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:16 pm The Michel owner in my league is offering Michel and a late first for my Chubb but I am wavering. My team is done this year. Should I be jumping on that offer? I also live in CLE with league full of Browns homers so Chubb's value is inflated even more here.
I have Chubb and would pass. I simply think he is more talented, and Sony has never carried the rock a lot. He's already hurt after 3 games of doing it. He was never the lead guy and never carried a lot a Georgia, and I just worry about him without a pass catching role, an injury that could linger and worsen, and an aging Brady. Short term this deal works, but with Baker, a good young D, and a talented young offense, I think the upside of Chubb in a year or two is worth the risk for me. I see Chubb as having a top 5-8 potential if everything hits in a few year, I don't see that with Sony.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:07 pm
It's not an equal comparison today though, Hyde is significantly older than Chubb in NFL years. Hyde's best days are behind him, Chubbs are ahead of him. Adrian Peterson is more talented than Chubb but who are you taking in dynasty at this point?
That's fair, but it's not betting on talent then, it's betting on youth. Hyde just turned 28. With equal touches I'd expect Hyde and Chubb to produce similar numbers still, is all I am getting at.