General Team advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
usgojoox
Rookie
Rookie

General Team advice

Postby usgojoox » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:07 pm

12 team

1QB/RB(x2)/WR(x2)/FLEX(x2)/TE/K/DL(x2)/LB(x2)/DB(x2)

Team in signature

I'm sitting at 0-3 and am 8th in points scored and 8th in points against. I thought maybe I could compete this season but I was thinking of throwing in the towel early due to my youth and many picks as well as shipping off my riskier assets for whatever value I can gather. Or I could use my picks, call the 0-3 start bad luck (Fournette's only given me 1 quarter) and be aggressive by trading to compete this year.

If I am going to trade I'd like to upgrade my WR core, and there's a team with OBJ/Evans/MT/ARob/J.Brown/Watkins/Stills/C.Davis/C.Godwin/J.Washington/MVS/J.Moore/J.Watson/D.Cain.

My questions are:

* Should I look to sell or look to be agressive and buy?

* Regardless of my path which players should I be targeting to sell/buy?

* Do you think I can make a reasonable play for any of the above WRs from that one team?
Last edited by usgojoox on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Re: General Team advice

Postby FantasyFoosball » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:22 pm

You thought you were going to compete in a 12 team SF with Luck and Smith at QB, and Allen as your only backup? No.

You should not be looking to buy. You need too many pieces. But you also have some nice young pieces, so I wouldn't be looking to sell everything either.

I would play the slow game, since you have four first round picks. Use the rookie draft next year to start your rebuild. This year is a lost cause. You need QB help, you need depth at RB, you need WR's. Baldwin is old and has two bad knees. Dez isn't even on a team. Gordon has his issues.

I like Allen, Fournette, Collins, Adams and Njoku. I would look to build around them with your four 1sts.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

usgojoox
Rookie
Rookie

Postby usgojoox » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Not a SF, it's a 1QB league. I was hoping Luck would come back healthy though

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:31 pm

QB/RB (X2) means there is two flex spots where you can start either one. Did you mean QB (1) and RB (2) then?

Everything else still stands. The QB help is not as important, although I would prefer someone better than Luck. He's a low end QB1 at this point.
Team One:
.5 PPR/$200 budget

QB - Mahomes
K - Bass

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton

usgojoox
Rookie
Rookie

Postby usgojoox » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:35 pm

I tried to make it more clear. Do you think it's worth making a play for any of those WRs?

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I do not. I think your team is more than just a WR away from competing. You would probably have to give up some of your young pieces and or multiple draft picks to get some of the better WRs. It would be fine if you were competing, but you are not.

The only one I would say is maybe Corey Davis. With the offensive woes of the Titans, the owner may be frustrated with the situation and willing to sell somewhat low. Worth looking into, but if he's not willing to sell low, don't sell the farm for him. You need multiple pieces. You need some RB help as well.

Just my take.
Team One:
.5 PPR/$200 budget

QB - Mahomes
K - Bass

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:26 pm

FantasyFoosball wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:22 pm You thought you were going to compete in a 12 team SF with Luck and Smith at QB, and Allen as your only backup? No.

You should not be looking to buy. You need too many pieces. But you also have some nice young pieces, so I wouldn't be looking to sell everything either.

I would play the slow game, since you have four first round picks. Use the rookie draft next year to start your rebuild. This year is a lost cause. You need QB help, you need depth at RB, you need WR's. Baldwin is old and has two bad knees. Dez isn't even on a team. Gordon has his issues.

I like Allen, Fournette, Collins, Adams and Njoku. I would look to build around them with your four 1sts.
What exactly is wrong with Luck, Smith and Allen in a SF?

Regardless, it looks like this is 1QB. His problems aren't at QB. He needs RB depth and WR depth.

-Try to move Allison and a second for a weekly starter. You're in the same position as me (owning both Adams and Geronimo. Big GB fan here). Allison looks good after 3 consecutive weeks of solid production, hopefully week 4 is good to him.
-I wouldn't move those firsts you own unless you get a youthful but immediate contributor. Baldwin got knocked out this yr and Gordon is Gordon. That's just bad luck. (Wait on Gordon to do well with Brady, then try to capitalize on him for a more stable long term asset).
-Update your RB2 position immediately. Fournette is your only weekly guy imo (Not high on Collins). See if you can move a mid first for a guy like Jordan Howard). This honestly should be your first move.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)