I’ve seen Goff go for more
8%

Total votes: 77

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: This just happened....bad trade...

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Reljac wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm I’ll throw thus on the fire, through Facebook I was able to determine that the owners that did this trade are not strangers and instead have known each other for over 31 years.
Sounds like definite collusion to me then

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm Sounds more and more like collusion, but hard to prove.
This is so blatantly bad that you don't really even have to prove it
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:29 pm
Goddard wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 pm Sounds more and more like collusion, but hard to prove.
This is so blatantly bad that you don't really even have to prove it
True I guess. Who's the commissioner of the league and what's he got to say?

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 pm

I'd cause a ruckus and let both parties know how insane it was, then do my best to get a refund and quit.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm

So let's play devil's advocate and get some more context. The deal is so lopsided that even someone colluding would try to make it less obvious by throwing in fluff just to hide it.

- What does the rest of the lineups look like for both teams?
- What are their records?
- Does the team that got Goff have his own draft pick and is trying to tank?
- Have they made trades before?
- Any recent trades with other teams?

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 am

Reljac wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm I’ll throw thus on the fire, through Facebook I was able to determine that the owners that did this trade are not strangers and instead have known each other for over 31 years.
This complicates things. However, I'd check what everybody's rationale is. My first dynasty league ever I took Andrew Luck with the 1.02 in the startup draft (single QB) and then Mariota in the 8th, figuring I had the ultimate set it and forget it QB lineup ever. Instead, thanks to injuries, I've trotted out literally every backup and junk QB under the sun. Partial list: McCown, D. Kiser, Smokin' Jay, Fitzpatrick, Rothlesberger (away games), Hoyer, Beathard, Brissett, and more.

What is your scoring? Is our Goff guy a rabid Rams fan? I'm in a league where I've had good trades vetoed because people don't understand the concept of dynasty and I'm bailing after this season, friends or not. They may have reasons you don't agree with, but that seem valid to them; if I was in a full-on rebuild and tanking for Barkley, I might be able to see that trade.

Finally, if you're not satisfied with their answers, I'd take this one to the league at large and have them explain themselves to the league. You don't talk about their rosters or scoring. Do you only start 1 TE and the guy trading Kelce is sitting on Engram? I'd investigate if I were you, but keep an open mind. This is an overpay for Goff, no doubt, but I've seen dumber trades than this. By the way, Shazier is the one I can't understand, lmao.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 am

pokerface40 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 pm I'd cause a ruckus and let both parties know how insane it was, then do my best to get a refund and quit.
This is, so far, the worst response on the thread. I commission 4 leagues and I wouldn't want an owner like you in any of them. Similar to a toddler falling to the floor kicking and screaming that he didn't get his way. Pathetic. I don't know if you are in any of my leagues, but if you are, feel free to leave after this season.
onetwothree wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm So let's play devil's advocate and get some more context. The deal is so lopsided that even someone colluding would try to make it less obvious by throwing in fluff just to hide it.

Great reply.
Samhain34 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 am
This complicates things. However, I'd check what everybody's rationale is. My first dynasty league ever I took Andrew Luck with the 1.02 in the startup draft (single QB) and then Mariota in the 8th, figuring I had the ultimate set it and forget it QB lineup ever. Instead, thanks to injuries, I've trotted out literally every backup and junk QB under the sun. Partial list: McCown, D. Kiser, Smokin' Jay, Fitzpatrick, Rothlesberger (away games), Hoyer, Beathard, Brissett, and more.

What is your scoring? Is our Goff guy a rabid Rams fan? I'm in a league where I've had good trades vetoed because people don't understand the concept of dynasty and I'm bailing after this season, friends or not. They may have reasons you don't agree with, but that seem valid to them; if I was in a full-on rebuild and tanking for Barkley, I might be able to see that trade.

Finally, if you're not satisfied with their answers, I'd take this one to the league at large and have them explain themselves to the league. You don't talk about their rosters or scoring. Do you only start 1 TE and the guy trading Kelce is sitting on Engram? I'd investigate if I were you, but keep an open mind. This is an overpay for Goff, no doubt, but I've seen dumber trades than this. By the way, Shazier is the one I can't understand, lmao.
Best reply.

Don't be reactionary. Find out more information, get a feeling for both sides, and then get everyone on the same page before moving forward.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:59 am

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 am
pokerface40 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 pm I'd cause a ruckus and let both parties know how insane it was, then do my best to get a refund and quit.
This is, so far, the worst response on the thread. I commission 4 leagues and I wouldn't want an owner like you in any of them. Similar to a toddler falling to the floor kicking and screaming that he didn't get his way. Pathetic. I don't know if you are in any of my leagues, but if you are, feel free to leave after this season.
onetwothree wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm So let's play devil's advocate and get some more context. The deal is so lopsided that even someone colluding would try to make it less obvious by throwing in fluff just to hide it.

Great reply.

Best reply.

Don't be reactionary. Find out more information, get a feeling for both sides, and then get everyone on the same page before moving forward.
I will be sure to never join a league with you. If you think there is anyway to rationalize this trade than I don't want to be in a league with you, especially if you are the commish.

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:58 am

Even in a superflex this would be a terrible trade. I want to hear from the 3 people who said they've seen Goff go for more.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:03 am

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 am

Great reply.

Best reply.

Move the first comment to the bottom then you'd have *THEE* best response. :dance:

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:40 am

They know each other and made this bad of a trade?? Yikes. If it's a free league then I'd do my best to move on, If it's a money league I would look to see what the owners justification is and consider leaving if trades like this continue to happen. That's a god awful trade
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:03 am

Yeah that has got to be collusion.. Even if the one owner had a 'redraft mindset', the trade still makes no sense.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 am

Definitely something to bring to the commissioner. Our league hasn't ever vetoed a trade, but in ugly ones (not as ugly as this) commish makes them explain their rational behind the move. Each of the ugly trades seems to have been made by someone who didn't understand things and could have used some education. It made our league better in the long run. You say the player isn't new though?

Defending this would be difficult for the Goff getter giving up that much. Put him on the spot and see what he says. You should be able to tell whether he's simply an idiot or if there's some actual collusion going on. Commish could also rightfully ask for the next two years pay from the one party. This smells like a guy who's planning on quitting the league after this year, and giving some pieces to a friend before he goes.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Achane, Dobbins, Algier, trash
WR: Nabers, Tank Dell, Addison, Shaheed, Thomas Jr. McConkey, K Coleman, JSN, QJ, S Jameson Williams, Corley, Polk, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, Juwan, Musgrave, Theo Johnson
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2025 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5
2026- 1,2,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2027

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:46 am

• - What does the rest of the lineups look like for both teams?
    The team that Acquired AJ Green, Kelce, and Shazier has a starting lineup now of: Dak/Deshaun Watson, Gurley, AJ Green, Djax/Ginn/Watkins, Julio, Kelce, L Miller/AP, Aaron Donald, Cameron Jordan, Schobert, Woodyard, Jalen Mills, Glover Quinn, Shazier and replaced Coby Fleener and Ginn/DJax and an inconsistent OLB....The team that acquired Goff had Winston/Rivers and will now be started Marqise Lee, Jason Witten, and Clinton-Dix (
  • - What are their records? 14-team league and roster 32, so acquiring top players is tough.
    13-7 for the team acquiring AJ Green and Kelce. 10-10 for the team acquiring Goff. Team acquiring Goff was highest scoring non-playoff team, had longshot at playoffs before trade, but can't finish at the bottom
  • - Does the team that got Goff have his own draft pick and is trying to tank?
    Both teams still have their firsts, but #1 pick is disbursed to winner of the playoff bracket, team trading for Goff would've been favorite prior to trade.
  • - Have they made trades before?
    They have not
  • - Any recent trades with other teams?
    None. Trading has been quiet, and historically has been 1 for 1s with Stafford only being traded for a 3rd last season. A week ago two none playoff teams traded prospects and picks.

A few details that should be included. This is the fifth year of the league and has an enhanced 1st place prize of an additional $500. Also the commissioner has changed rules on his own whims multiple times per year including scoring changes. Two years we voted to put these changes to a vote, but they have still continued. As a result there was a huge blowout in September around the 3rd week of the NFL season, when someone noticed a rule change that they didn't expect. At that time the discussion got heated and the Commissioner said he was quitting and he wife came to his defense. He walked back from that comment and At that point, several teams indicated they were not be returning for next year. He then deleted the whole conversation and started a new one defending his changes and shutting down any response he got to it.

Also should note that the commissioner has owned 3 different teams in the last three years... he had his own team 3 years ago, then gave it to someone else and gave himself a new franchise in which he depleted the entire waiver pool before the draft 2 years ago, then decided that sucked, so he gave that an another team who's owner had quit to a new team that came into the league and let them pick the best players off of both those teams and he took over a different team in which he is now the top team in the league.

The player acquiring AJ Green/Kelce/Shazier spoke out against the commissioner's changes at the time and asked for a vote on it, but was never given one. The player acquiring Goff never said a word
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:57 am

Reljac wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:46 am
  • - What does the rest of the lineups look like for both teams?
    The team that Acquired AJ Green, Kelce, and Shazier has a starting lineup now of: Dak/Deshaun Watson, Gurley, AJ Green, Djax/Ginn/Watkins, Julio, Kelce, L Miller/AP, Aaron Donald, Cameron Jordan, Schobert, Woodyard, Jalen Mills, Glover Quinn, Shazier and replaced Coby Fleener and Ginn/DJax and an inconsistent OLB....The team that acquired Goff had Winston/Rivers and will now be started Marqise Lee, Jason Witten, and Clinton-Dix (
  • - What are their records? 14-team league and roster 32, so acquiring top players is tough.
    13-7 for the team acquiring AJ Green and Kelce. 10-10 for the team acquiring Goff. Team acquiring Goff was highest scoring non-playoff team, had longshot at playoffs before trade, but can't finish at the bottom
  • - Does the team that got Goff have his own draft pick and is trying to tank?
    Both teams still have their firsts, but #1 pick is disbursed to winner of the playoff bracket, team trading for Goff would've been favorite prior to trade.
  • - Have they made trades before?
    They have not
  • - Any recent trades with other teams?
    None. Trading has been quiet, and historically has been 1 for 1s with Stafford only being traded for a 3rd last season. A week ago two none playoff teams traded prospects and picks.

A few details that should be included. This is the fifth year of the league and has an enhanced 1st place prize of an additional $500. Also the commissioner has changed rules on his own whims multiple times per year including scoring changes. Two years we voted to put these changes to a vote, but they have still continued. As a result there was a huge blowout in September around the 3rd week of the NFL season, when someone noticed a rule change that they didn't expect. At that time the discussion got heated and the Commissioner said he was quitting and he wife came to his defense. He walked back from that comment and At that point, several teams indicated they were not be returning for next year. He then deleted the whole conversation and started a new one defending his changes and shutting down any response he got to it.

Also should note that the commissioner has owned 3 different teams in the last three years... he had his own team 3 years ago, then gave it to someone else and gave himself a new franchise in which he depleted the entire waiver pool before the draft 2 years ago, then decided that sucked, so he gave that an another team who's owner had quit to a new team that came into the league and let them pick the best players off of both those teams and he took over a different team in which he is now the top team in the league.

The player acquiring AJ Green/Kelce/Shazier spoke out against the commissioner's changes at the time and asked for a vote on it, but was never given one. The player acquiring Goff never said a word
This post shows this entire thread is incorrectly named. It should be titled why in the hell is anyone in this league? The old adage, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me' applies here.