STACKED Dynasty Team To 10 Keepers

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which 2 players should I keep? (Pick 2)

DJ
45%
Moncrief
14%
DGB
4%
Kelce
14%
Brees
10%
JMatt
13%

Total votes: 71

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

STACKED Dynasty Team To 10 Keepers

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Team 2 in my signature.

As you can see by my signature the league has gotten VERY top heavy. There are 2-3 teams that are STACKED. This is a league I play in with people from my unit from when I was in the military. It's meant to be a fun way to keep in touch. However most of the teams have no chance and are no longer having fun. We're all very competitive and don't want to just restart and draft over again so we've decided to let everyone keep up to 10 players and put the remaining players in a pool and have an auction for them.

We're also turning it into a contract league to make it harder for super teams to happen again. We get 45 contract years to divide among the 10 players that we keep.

I'm trying to decide which 10 players I should keep. Its a 10 team PPR, TE Prem (1.5) SuperFlex league. Only have start 1 RB.

I have 8 locks
Luck(7), Mariota(5)
Gurley(4)
Hopkins(5), Evans(5), Watkins(4), Allen(4)
Gronk(5)

Which leaves me with (6) contract years to divide between the last two players I choose.

I'm try to decide between DJ, Moncrief, DGB, Kelce, Brees and JMatt for my last 2 spots.

Who should I keep?
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: STACKED Dynasty Team To 10 Keepers

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:23 pm

10 keepers when you only start 9 players makes this pretty redundant imo. imo you should just start over, disband the league altogether, or make the keeper number lie 3 or something. honestly i think the solution your league decided on is just a 1 year delay of the inevitable disbandment of the league possibly.

to actually answer though my last 2 keepers would be jmatt and david johnson
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:32 pm

knotts4372 wrote:10 keepers when you only start 9 players makes this pretty redundant imo. imo you should just start over, disband the league altogether, or make the keeper number lie 3 or something. honestly i think the solution your league decided on is just a 1 year delay of the inevitable disbandment of the league possibly.

to actually answer though my last 2 keepers would be jmatt and david johnson
I'm not worried about the league disbanding. It's all people that know each other IRL. We're trying to avoid starting over completely. We don't want the teams that have done really well to lose all of their advantage but we want to redistribute some of the depth back around to make it closer and more competitive. Which is why we decided on 10. The other teams don't want to give up and admit they lost that badly.

There is another team that will also have to throw back 4-5 players of similar quality to what I am and another 1 or 2 teams that will lose 1-2 players in that range.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:01 am

Given how strong your QB, WR, and TE locks are you really should keep DJ as well. I'm sure he loses value in a 1 RB league but he's likely to still be a player you start, and I just wouldn't be comfortable dropping myself to 1 player at a core position. If Gurley gets hurt you'll be glad you have DJ.

Personally I rate JMatt the highest of the remaining players, but honestly I think given how stacked your team is (and given that it's a 10 team league), it's probably a better idea to keep a WR with higher upside, so either DGB or Moncrief, whichever you think has the highest potential payoff. I'd probably lean Moncrief.

I don't think you need Kelce given that you have Gronk, even in TE premium. I guess I could see keeping Brees instead of Moncrief since it's superflex, but I just don't think he's quite as valuable.

Also suggestion for league balance would be to maybe split the vet and rookie drafts to help the bad teams get an additional edge.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, Dell, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:15 am

I would say DJ and JMatt easily.

I'm not a huge JMatt guy but he does have a very safe floor even if he'll never be a WR1 but he stills is nicd to plug into your lineup most weeks.

I'm not a DJ guy either but based off his trade value alone he's easily the most valuable player left on this list to me.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:20 am

Coogan23 wrote:I would say DJ and JMatt easily.

I'm not a huge JMatt guy but he does have a very safe floor even if he'll never be a WR1 but he stills is nicd to plug into your lineup most weeks.

I'm not a DJ guy either but based off his trade value alone he's easily the most valuable player left on this list to me.
I was going to say this in my post, but I think only needing to start 1RB might depress his trade value somewhat.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, Dell, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper

Weeping_Souls
Starter
Starter

Postby Weeping_Souls » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:51 am

I'd keep DJ and Moncrief with Kelce a close 3rd
Leatherheads I
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, ST, 5 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams |5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www56.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0009

Leatherheads II - 2015 Champions
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DL, LB, DB, ST, 8 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams | 5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0007

PatsFan24
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PatsFan24 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:35 am

I'd keep DJ and Matthews - good depth guys to keep on your roster. You'll be able to find bye week fill ins for TE and QB since it's only a 10 team league.
Roster (12 team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF):

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler, David Montgomery, Damien Harris, Nyheim Hines, David Johnson, Tony Pollard
WR: Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Chris Godwin, OBJ, Curtis Samuel,
TE: Noah Fant, Robert Tonyan, David Njoku
K: Jason Sanders
DEF: New Orleans Saints
IR:
Taxi Squad: Tua Tagovailoa, Eno Benjamin, Keshawn Vaughn, Collin Johnson
2021 picks: 1.08, 4.08
2022 picks: 1, 2, 4

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:43 am

DJ/Kelce

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:52 am

I'd keep moncrief and mathews.

Rather than 10 and contracts, 7 and no contracts (or 4 yr contracts) will fix your problems. Keep in mind though that the better owners will always rise to the top. The offseason/s is a time where "player value" is the name of the game. The season rolls around and "player production" is king in most leagues. Chances are this disparity will separate owners for the simple fact that all your buddies aren't likely to be diehards 24/7/365.

Injured Reserve
Captain
Captain

Postby Injured Reserve » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:15 am

DJ and Moncrief for me. Moncrief over JMat as personal preference. Wouldn't have a problem with DJ/Kelce based on your team make up- already loaded at receiver
Team 1- 10 team dynasty
Wilson, Rivers /Lacy, Martin, M.Jones, JStew /AJ Green, Allen, ARob, Gordon, Austin, Parker,Jones/ Kelce, Thomas, LGreen
Dareus /Heyward, Vernon, Fowler/Clowney, Anthony, TSmith, EKendricks, Collins /Darby, Jenkins/ Burnett, HSmith, Collins

Team 2-12 team keeper
Cousins/ Bell, Langford, Williams/ Beckham, K Allen, Moncrief, Parker/ Kelce
Quinn, Jackson, Lawrence/ TSmith, EKendricks, Dansby, Hicks/ Burnett

Team 3- 10 team dynasty
Brees, Flacco, Bridgewater, Goff/ Lacy, Abdullah, Yeldon, Ajayi, D.Washington, McKinnon, KRobinson/ Moncrief,DBG, K Bell, TBenjamin, Montgomery, Wright, Agholor, Sanu, Latimer, Sharpe/ Hooper, Ertz, Rodgers

Team 4- 10 team dynasty
Winston, Wentz, Manning, Tannehill/ Lacy, Matthews, Crowell, Jennings, Starks, Morris, Taliaferro, Smallwood, Sankey/ Evans, Watkins, Allen, Jordy, Agholor, Coleman, D.Smith, Pryor/ Gronk, Bennett, Higbee

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:56 am

It might sound crazy but I would keep Brees first, put him on a 2 year contract while mariota develops.

I would then keep either DJ (four years is kind of long), or moncrief.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:02 am

Superflex league: DJ and Brees without any hesitation. You can easily move Brees later on for someone as good or better than everybody else you list. I'd probably keep Tyrod over most everyone on this list as well...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:48 am

skip wrote:Superflex league: DJ and Brees without any hesitation. You can easily move Brees later on for someone as good or better than everybody else you list. I'd probably keep Tyrod over most everyone on this list as well...
This is how I voted too. Everyone is mentioning that JMatt is sweet depth at WR (which he is), but in a superflex depth at QB is more important, and Brees makes Mariota awesome depth. Since it's a contract league and he only has six years to divide between two players, Brees being older and JMatt being younger isn't a huge deal. He only gets them for so many years anyways. Brees at two years and DJ at 4 years (hoping DJ doesn't get injured, because I think his receiving skills keep him relevant at least that long unless a bad injury occurs).

I'd prefer Brees (2) + DJ (4) over any other combination available IN THIS FORMAT, and I really, really like JMatt.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:25 am

Superflex and TE premium? The easy choice for me would be to give Brees a 2-year contract and Kelce a 4-year contract.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd