Jackson/Johnson Trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
chuckeycharles
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Jackson/Johnson Trade?

Postby chuckeycharles » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:11 pm

pntgvn2399 wrote:Yeah I don't think this is even close! I would take Andre Johnson and Ryan Matthews any day..
I couldn't agree more... I think I'd be insulted by this offer... SJax is on my Do Not Draft list... I expect him to see a ton of 8 man fronts and to get injured again

SJax is on a very bad team to say the least. He has No QBs (an unproven rookie or a guy who hasn't thrown a pass for 2 years) No WRs (none that scare me now... there are some projects but it's going to take a while for them and Bradford to gel) No TEs (Onobun is definitely worth stashing in deeper leagues) and No Defense (the consensus worst in the NFL)... not to mention that he is recovering from a herniated disc for which he had surgery

For the life of me, I don't now how he retains as high a FF ranking as he does. The man is a beast, and on a decent team he would kill in the NFL and in FF.

I don't mean to sugar coat so much, but decorum prevents me from expressing my complete feelings.
10 Team limited keeper league (2 or 3 based upon various factors)
QB - RB - RB/WR - WR - WR/TE - TE - K - DST
Romo - Roethy - Kolb
AP - Rice - Beanie - McGahee - R Bush - M Bush - LJ - B Scott
Calvin - Colston - Nicks
V Davis - Celek

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Not even close to be fair imo... AJ and 1.01(Dez Bryant imo) wins big time here!!
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 pm

AJ and 1.01 side would be huge winners.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 am

To be fair to the initial offer, AJ is the #1 player in the deal, but SJax is definitely the #2. I agree that I would put Desean in there instead of MSW to try to get it done.

An 8 team league that only starts a max of 2 RBs??? You already have 3 players besides SJax who are superior to Mathews...take Dez at 1.1 if you get that pick.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.