Armanti Edwards vs Brandon LaFell

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Armanti Edwards vs Brandon LaFell

Postby NickGB » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

I was wondering some of your guys take on this situation brewing in the Carolinas. I'm reading a lot of raves regarding Edwards and his "explosiveness" and how the #2 WR position opposite S. Smith is anyones to be had. Who in your opinion comes out on top of this and why?

If there's already an article regarding this I apologize in advance for this repeat post. Thanks.
Team 1: SF/2TE/PPR

QB:Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence*
RB: De'Andre Swift, Johnathan Taylor, Ronald Rones
WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Brown, D.J. Moore, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Ja'Marr Chase*
TE: George Kittle, Hayden Hurst, Albert O, Brevin Jordan*

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Armanti Edwards vs Brandon LaFell

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:06 pm

I like both and have each of them on a couple of my dynasty teams but I prefer LaFell. Edwards looks good right now, but he has a long way to go as he is just learning the WR position.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Edwards has far more upside IMO and I have little to no confidence in LaFell...

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:12 pm

This is a tough one..when talking about talent alone I'd go with Armanti every time. But I think Armanti is going to get stuck in the slot (for now) while LaFell is going to get first dibs to start across from Steve Smith seeing that he is considered "Pro Ready". LaFell looks like an average talent but he's first in line for a shot at a starting gig. Although when it comes to draft value I prefer Armanti because you can get him so much later. Lafell went 2.06 while I grabbed Armanti at 3.09. In the end you gotta go where the talent is, and I see a lot of potential in Armanti.

I vote Armanti.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 pm

LaFell has NFL WR1 potential, Edwards does not. LaFell all the way for me.

rkrazy
Starter
Starter

Postby rkrazy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm not a fan of the either due to the Panthers offense. The team doesn't have enough prowess to support the fantasy community like other teams around the league. If I had to choose one I prefer LaFell. Not a fan of QB conversion projects.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:05 am

Edwards got drafted ahead of LaFell in the Charter II startup draft.... good for me.. I got LaFell at the end of rd 13.. as a Steve Smith owner! :)
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:49 pm

I have LFell on a couple of teams and Edwards on one of those teams. I think LaFell will be starting come September opposite of Smith. I'm high on Edwards, but, those QB conversions don't always work. If it does work, Edwards does have nice upside.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges