So exactly how bad is Jamarcus Russel?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: So exactly how bad is Jamarcus Russel?

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:25 pm

andy77725 wrote:
MonkeyOne wrote:Manages to get arrested in an undercover sting at his house.
MOBILE, Ala. -- Former Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell was arrested today for possession of a controlled substance, according to the Mobile County Sheriff's Office.

The substance was codeine syrup, spokeswoman Lori Myles said.

Myles said Russell was arrested at his home early this afternoon during an undercover investigation. He was booked into Mobile Metro Jail at 4:22 p.m. Russell was released minutes later after making $2,500 bail, according to online records.

Russell is scheduled to appear in court on July 20. A bond hearing is set for July 7.

Russell played high school football at Williamson High School in Mobile. He played quarterback for LSU from 2003 to 2006 and was the No. 1 draft pick for the Raiders in 2007.

Russell went 7-18 as a starting QB. The Raiders released Russell last May.
I would like to thank JaMarcus Russell for giving me the inspiration to learn what Purple Drank is, and wikipedia for having the answer to all of lifes questions
Good read, I had no clue...

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Can someone at DLF finally delete this thread!?!? I think this last incident has sealed his fate. 13 page thread, quite impressive!!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:23 pm

The Raiders issued a statement Wednesday indicating that they tried to get help for JaMarcus Russell before they released him in May.

"We did all that we could to intervene and assist with a myriad of issues with JaMarcus Russell," the Raiders said, before going on to take a gratuitous shot at the media. The statement suggests the Raiders knew about Russell's affinity for "Purple Drank" and perhaps suspected further problems that run even deeper.
Rotoworld

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Look for this headline in the not to distant future! :lol:

"Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell in talks to appear on the next season of Celebrty Rehab 4 along with Dennis Rodman who recently relapsed! Again!"
Attachments
nfl_a_russell_300.jpg
nfl_a_russell_300.jpg (21.12 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Twitter @haydn239

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:04 am

hot nikkels wrote:Can someone at DLF finally delete this thread!?!? I think this last incident has sealed his fate. 13 page thread, quite impressive!!!
How dare you even suggest such a thing!

This really did become an epic thread though. On topic now - Somebody should have done a better job spying:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10151477/1

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:58 pm

thevidon2 wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:Can someone at DLF finally delete this thread!?!? I think this last incident has sealed his fate. 13 page thread, quite impressive!!!
How dare you even suggest such a thing!

This really did become an epic thread though. On topic now - Somebody should have done a better job spying:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10151477/1

As long as Jamarcus keeps being Jamarcus I think this thread needs to continue. Besides which, Jamarcus gave a great acting perfomance in "Precious" :lol: :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Hindsight = 20/20

I'm still trying to shake the visual of J-Marc involved in a foot-chase.
Shawn wrote:As long as Jamarcus keeps being Jamarcus I think this thread needs to continue. Besides which, Jamarcus gave a great acting perfomance in "Precious"
Hillarious!!!!!
hot nikkels wrote:Can someone at DLF finally delete this thread!?!?
Never. If it weren't for this thread, how else would I have decided to name my 2010 yahoo redraft team "the Purple Dranks!"??? Besides, now that J-Marc has entered Ryan Leaf territory with the (alleged) drug use, we still have to have the debate about who was the biggest bust of all time.

And I'm still trying to figure out why we don't have a T-Shirt in the DLF Store with the Jamarcus Russel is sooo baaad jokes on the back.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:49 am

The Pyrate wrote:
Hindsight = 20/20

I'm still trying to shake the visual of J-Marc involved in a foot-chase.
Shawn wrote:As long as Jamarcus keeps being Jamarcus I think this thread needs to continue. Besides which, Jamarcus gave a great acting perfomance in "Precious"
Hillarious!!!!!
hot nikkels wrote:Can someone at DLF finally delete this thread!?!?
Never. If it weren't for this thread, how else would I have decided to name my 2010 yahoo redraft team "the Purple Dranks!"??? Besides, now that J-Marc has entered Ryan Leaf territory with the (alleged) drug use, we still have to have the debate about who was the biggest bust of all time.

And I'm still trying to figure out why we don't have a T-Shirt in the DLF Store with the Jamarcus Russel is sooo baaad jokes on the back.
MMMMMMMM, Purple Drank! Sip sip sip sippin on sum sizzurp!

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:31 am

JaMarcus Russell-QB- Raiders Jul. 22 - 6:08 pm et

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora isn't ruling out JaMarcus Russell landing with an NFL team if he's exonerated on charges of felony possession of a narcotic.
"In fact, I'd be surprised otherwise assuming his legal problems go away," adds LaCanfora. As hard as it to believe considering his play on the field and character concerns off the field, it seems Russell has actually sparked NFL interest as a reclamation project. We'd still be surprised to see him in an NFL uniform in Week 1.
OH man. And here there was talk of getting rid of this thread. I wonder where Canfora is getting this from - what team could possibly be so desperate? Buffalo maybe?