So exactly how bad is Jamarcus Russel?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:46 pm

hosler427 wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune reports JaMarcus Russell and Richard Seymour were not at the final team meeting. Cable said both were excused absences for personal reasons.

Can Inman of the Oakland Tribune reports via Twitter he received a tip from a reader and called the front desk of the Palms in Las Vegas to confirm Russell was there.

I think J Russ was probably on his way out of Oakland, but this might have sealed the deal if it's true.
Everything I am reading says Cable is going to get canned because he won't play Russell....Fatty isn't going anywhere.
He should get a raise for that decision. At the very least, he should get promoted to owner! LOL
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:07 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune reports JaMarcus Russell and Richard Seymour were not at the final team meeting. Cable said both were excused absences for personal reasons.

Can Inman of the Oakland Tribune reports via Twitter he received a tip from a reader and called the front desk of the Palms in Las Vegas to confirm Russell was there.

I think J Russ was probably on his way out of Oakland, but this might have sealed the deal if it's true.
Everything I am reading says Cable is going to get canned because he won't play Russell....Fatty isn't going anywhere.
He should get a raise for that decision. At the very least, he should get promoted to owner! LOL
Ooooo the irony. The worst fantasy relevant player has one of the largest threads on DLF....8 pages of everything bad about Jamarcus Russell....can you imagine if he read all of this? :lol: Can you imagine if he COULD actually even read? :roll: :P

low blow

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
Phish Brigade wrote:
hosler427 wrote: Everything I am reading says Cable is going to get canned because he won't play Russell....Fatty isn't going anywhere.
Ooooo the irony. The worst fantasy relevant player has one of the largest threads on DLF....8 pages of everything bad about Jamarcus Russell....can you imagine if he read all of this? :lol: Can you imagine if he COULD actually even read? :roll: :P

low blow
He can't read it because amongst all the speculation he might get the boot out of Oakland, he missed the final team meeting to shoot craps in Vegas!!!

All I know is, if I wasted an opportunity like Russell has had I would never hear the end of it from my buddies and family.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Coaching to win is not playing Russell. If anything, he should get fired if he plays Russell. Scrubs like Gradkowski outplayed him by a mile. That said, #1 overall picks get their chances (owners want to see that 40-million dollar man on the field - any owner would, not just Skeletor)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

andy77725
Role Player
Role Player

Postby andy77725 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:07 am

Did you hear him get booed as he walked on the field after Frye got hurt. He did end up with a 64.3% completion percentage. 78.5% if you count the ones he threw to Baltimore.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:21 pm

I thought I would revive the thread that never ends due to the recent news of JaMarcus weighing in at a svelte 290 BIG LBs!!!! I guess he figured he would be a better asset to the team as an offensive lineman rather than a QB. Such a team 1st type of guy he is. You gotta love him!!!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:50 pm

They are talking to the Vikings about a deal for Rosenfels. And of course the talk about acquiring McNabb is out there too. Russell is just trying to get himself into "shape" to be an asset somewhere else in the offense.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:13 pm

skip wrote:They are talking to the Vikings about a deal for Rosenfels. And of course the talk about acquiring McNabb is out there too. Russell is just trying to get himself into "shape" to be an asset somewhere else in the offense.
If he could lose about 30 lbs he'd be a great FB! :lol:
GDF3
K- Cundiff, Novak

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 am

bigcsr67 wrote:I thought I would revive the thread that never ends due to the recent news of JaMarcus weighing in at a svelte 290 BIG LBs!!!!
Props to J-Marc. If I remember correctly, he reported even heavier last year. Guy is making some progress.

Props to the entire Raiders organization starting with Al Davis. Looks like we've got another 8 pages to add to this thread this year! How does "hard knocks" not feature the boys in silver and black???

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:14 pm

The Pyrate wrote:
bigcsr67 wrote:I thought I would revive the thread that never ends due to the recent news of JaMarcus weighing in at a svelte 290 BIG LBs!!!!
Props to J-Marc. If I remember correctly, he reported even heavier last year. Guy is making some progress.

Props to the entire Raiders organization starting with Al Davis. Looks like we've got another 8 pages to add to this thread this year! How does "hard knocks" not feature the boys in silver and black???
maybe he just needs the lap band surgery.... ?

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Jamarcus Russel is so fat, he was recently arrested as a suspect in the death of the Sea World trainer.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:04 pm

moneyballer wrote:Jamarcus Russel is so fat, he was recently arrested as a suspect in the death of the Sea World trainer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Now if we can compile 8 pages of "Jamarcus Russellz so fat" jokes... then we'll have something! :lol:
GDF3
K- Cundiff, Novak

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:56 pm

We should print this thread out and send it to Russells' agent.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:Now if we can compile 8 pages of "Jamarcus Russellz so fat" jokes... then we'll have something! :lol:
I'm in.

Jamarcus Russell is so fat, when he tripped over on 4th Ave, he landed on 12th.