What's D. Johnson worth to the Ellington owner?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tbbuc5.dw
Role Player
Role Player

What's D. Johnson worth to the Ellington owner?

Postby tbbuc5.dw » Mon May 18, 2015 9:49 am

Someone sniped him in the rookie draft at the end of the 2nd rd of a 12 tm league PPR (I'm pretty sure on purpose to ransom him off to me). He wanted a 2016 1st for him but I think thats too much. I've heard that he shouldnt surplant ellington as the starter but I've also heard some really good things about him. Would offering Lattimer be a good trade or is that too much? I've also got Lee, and Gordon as some WRs he may be interested in.

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: What's D. Johnson worth to the Ellington owner?

Postby HawkeyeState » Mon May 18, 2015 9:55 am

I believe David will supplant Ellington as the starter by 2016 if not this season. Ellington is a 26 year old 3rd year player who really hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy or be an effective runner. He's a space player. If I were contending and needed the production from Ellington/DJ then I would give a 16 1st to ensure I have that production in my lineup. If I had David I wouldn't accept Latimer or Lee or Gordon for him. Latimer and Lee IMO are overvalued/not worth my time and Gordon will be lucky to play in 2016 even though he's eligible for reinstatement
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon May 18, 2015 10:40 am

i would be more enticed to sell ellington to that owner for a 1st if he was asking for a 1st in return for johnson. i use to be all about hancuffing some rb's, but im really starting to see this as wasted roster spots due to the committees that form and the fact that we just dont know who will pop from week to week. ive found it better to roster cheap talent that you believe in, rather than handcuff guys with questions. maybe this doesnt make you a legit contender right out of the gate, but you have to hope that a couple of your rb's have good years and you benefit. i was beating myself up last year with a rb core of ellington, ingram, ivory, stewart, martin, trich, anderson, and bradshaw to start the season. by the end of the year, i rode these guys and my ww find forsett, to the championship. i had high hopes for ellington, and martin as i invested a late 1st in both. but all of the other guys were essentially gotten for 3rds over the past few seasons, and trich has been a holdover. who knew ingram and anderson would make so much noise.

if you have doubts about ellington, this may be an opportunity to sell him to the johnson owner. if he feels johnson is worth a future 1st, he surely has to feel ellington is worth the same, since its his job to lose. i dont know your ww or rb situation, but im guessing that you can find atleast 1 guy that can be stashed in place of ellington if your not real high on him. if you do like ellington...dont worry about handcuffing him. use that future 1st to invest in someone next year.

tbbuc5.dw
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tbbuc5.dw » Mon May 18, 2015 11:14 am

Thank you for your response! I appreciate the input.