Should I make this move with my team EDIT: New offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
KeepCalmandDynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Should I make this move with my team EDIT: New offer

Postby KeepCalmandDynasty » Sun May 17, 2015 2:03 pm

So I've been in the market for a QB in my 2qb league and this offer was sent to me. This league is best ball also

I get:
Foles
Cooks
Tavon Austin

I give:
Jeffrey
Landry
Mettenberger (he is the Mariota owner)

Here is some of my roster:

QB: Dalton, Manuel, Mett, Sanchez
RB: Morris, Spiller, Crowell, Sims, Michael, Buck Allen
WR: Green, DT, Jeffrey, Cooper, Landry, Latimer, Hurns, Duron Carter
Last edited by KeepCalmandDynasty on Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

venomreapers
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Should I make this move with my team

Postby venomreapers » Sun May 17, 2015 2:10 pm

A lot to give up but 2 QB's are so crucial.

Jeffery is a top 10 dynasty asset, Landry is probably a top 30 at the least, Foles is maybe the 15th best QB, Cooks is a top 20-25 dynasty asset. Tavon Austin is a throw away but if Mett gets traded he has real value. See if you can switch Austin out with an unheralded RB that might have some upside. other than that, you should probably take the trade knowing the type of league it is and seeing as it won't cripple your WR corp to badly.
Dynasty Football United: Reading Reapers
Non-PPR all 6 point TD's, 1 QB, 0-2 RB, 1-5 WR, 0-3 TE, 1 K, 2-3 DL, 3-4 LB, 2-3 DB
QB: Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer
RB: Frank Gore, Robert Turbin, Ryan Mathews, Kenjon Barner, Mike Gillislee, Dion Lewis
WR: Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, TY Hilton, Willie Snead, Allen Hurns, Travis Benjamin, Robby Anderson, JJ Nelson, Dontrelle Inman
TE: Martellus Bennett, Cameron Brate
K: Stephen Gostowski
DL: Danielle Hunter, Frank Clark, Kerry Hyder, Trey Flowers
LB: Lavonte David, Preston Brown, Telvin Smith, Craig Robertson, Danell Ellerbee
DB: Logan Ryan, Jahleel Addae, Daryl Worley, Donte Whitner

Taxi: De'Vondre Campbell, Cody Kessler, Sheldon Rankins, Elandon Roberts, TJ Green
IR/S: Jaylon Smith, Karlos Williams, J.J. Watt, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamaal Charles

KeepCalmandDynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby KeepCalmandDynasty » Sun May 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Anyone else care to chime in?

heldlightning
Starter
Starter

Postby heldlightning » Sun May 17, 2015 9:57 pm

You'd be overpaying quite a bit.

Amazing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Amazing » Sun May 17, 2015 10:54 pm

I don't like that trade for you at all.

venomreapers
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby venomreapers » Mon May 18, 2015 3:57 am

lets break it down points
Now since it is best ball, it is definitely going to start 2 QB's, we'll say 3 WR's, 2 RB's, a TE, and the best player in the flex spot.

average QB will score 215 points, next tier down will score 180 points so we will say both Foles and Dalton are average QB's, 430 points
The elite WR will score 300 points, the next tier down will score 250 points, so Jeffery is a 250 point scorer
the next tier after that is 200 points, so we'll say Cooks and Landry are 200 point scorers.

Breaking that down and disregarding Mett and Austin

You are receiving 415 points for 450 points, which isn't far off. However due to how your team looks.
You will be putting 430 points into your QB, if Cooper is average, 980 points into WR's/flex spot, looking at quick points from last year, roughly 350 points into starting RB's. Grand total; 1760 If you stick with Jeffery and Landry and roll with Manuel(tier below Average so 180 points) as your 2nd QB you'll get 395 points from QB, 1050 points from WR/flex, and still get 350 points from RB, for a grand total of; 1795. So it's a close trade. Here is the caveat in my opinion. Cooper can grow into a 250/borderline 300 type of WR within 2 years most likely. That is why I would make the trade. For 2 years down the road.
Non-PPR all 6 point TD's, 1 QB, 0-2 RB, 1-5 WR, 0-3 TE, 1 K, 2-3 DL, 3-4 LB, 2-3 DB
RB: Frank Gore, Robert Turbin, Ryan Mathews, Kenjon Barner, Mike Gillislee, Dion Lewis
WR: Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, TY Hilton, Willie Snead, Allen Hurns, Travis Benjamin, Robby Anderson, JJ Nelson, Dontrelle Inman
LB: Lavonte David, Preston Brown, Telvin Smith, Craig Robertson, Danell Ellerbee

Taxi: De'Vondre Campbell, Cody Kessler, Sheldon Rankins, Elandon Roberts, TJ Green

Amazing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Amazing » Mon May 18, 2015 4:02 am

I don't think Manuel or Foles will be starting in the NFL two years from now. You could get a better QB than Foles for the pieces you are giving up.

venomreapers
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby venomreapers » Mon May 18, 2015 4:30 am

Amazing wrote:I don't think Manuel or Foles will be starting in the NFL two years from now. You could get a better QB than Foles for the pieces you are giving up.

In a standard league I'd agree whole heartedly but 2 QB is a different beast. Manziel/Bortles/and Bridgewater regularly went number 1, 2 and/or 3 last year in 2 QB rookie drafts.

Trades I have seen(between jan 2014 and dec 2014); Romo,Gates, and 2015 1st for Dalton,Osweiler,2015 5th(because of osweiler's potential when/if he takes the reigns.)
Andre Williams, 2015 2nd, 2015 3rd for RGIII, Tim Wright
Matt barkley for Greg Hardy and 3.5 mil in cap
2015 2nd, 2015 2nd, 2.5 mil for Dalton and Baldwin
Justin forsett, Jordan cameron, 2015 3rd, 2015 3rd for Nick Foles
2015 2nd and 13.5 mil in cap for Ben Rothliesberger
kyle orton and 2015 5th for a 2015 3rd.

There's more but it illustrates the point that even an average QB to start in that 2nd spot is incredibly valuable. I will say this is a 16 team league, so depending on that, values would need to be adjusted (scarcity of quality starters). However, your assumption that Foles won't be starting in 2 years is quite premature, everybody in that list could be done in 1 year, 2 years, 2 weeks. foles had a magnificent year 2 years ago and while he struggled last year before getting hurt, he was still on pace for over 4000 yds and 26-30 TD's. That's a good kind of struggle.

KeepCalmandDynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby KeepCalmandDynasty » Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 am

So the trade got modified a bit and was wondering what you guys thought now

I give:
Mettenberger, Zach TEN QB
Spiller, C.J. NOS RB
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR
Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

I get:
Bortles, Blake JAC QB
Forsett, Justin BAL RB
Austin, Tavon STL WR
Cooks, Brandin NOS WR

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon May 18, 2015 11:07 am

Thats a bad trade.

Jeffrey is a big time assest. Meanwhile, Foles may be a career backup / low end starter. Austin is garage and Cooks still has questions.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Should I make this move with my team EDIT: New o

Postby theone » Mon May 18, 2015 11:59 am

venomreapers wrote:lets break it down points
Now since it is best ball, it is definitely going to start 2 QB's, we'll say 3 WR's, 2 RB's, a TE, and the best player in the flex spot.

average QB will score 215 points, next tier down will score 180 points so we will say both Foles and Dalton are average QB's, 430 points
The elite WR will score 300 points, the next tier down will score 250 points, so Jeffery is a 250 point scorer
the next tier after that is 200 points, so we'll say Cooks and Landry are 200 point scorers.

Breaking that down and disregarding Mett and Austin

You are receiving 415 points for 450 points, which isn't far off. However due to how your team looks.
You will be putting 430 points into your QB, if Cooper is average, 980 points into WR's/flex spot, looking at quick points from last year, roughly 350 points into starting RB's. Grand total; 1760 If you stick with Jeffery and Landry and roll with Manuel(tier below Average so 180 points) as your 2nd QB you'll get 395 points from QB, 1050 points from WR/flex, and still get 350 points from RB, for a grand total of; 1795. So it's a close trade. Here is the caveat in my opinion. Cooper can grow into a 250/borderline 300 type of WR within 2 years most likely. That is why I would make the trade. For 2 years down the road.
This is the type of analysis you should be doing. Note that the league settings (# of teams, ppr/standard, etc.) which I don't know will be a large factor in your decision. In a standard league, for example, even the #20 quarterback easily outscored Jeffrey. Look at what you think the prospects are for each of the quarterbacks.
Team 1 - 12 Team, 25 Players + 5 TS, 2 IR, PPR, 4TD Passing
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, Year1
QB - A.Smith, RG3, Sanchez, Daniel, Hundley, Grayson, Hack, Brissett
RB - Miller, Zeke, L. Murray, Alf, Ellington, Blue, D.Washington, K. Robinson
WR - OBJ, Tate, Hurns, DJax, DGB, Coleman
TE - Thomas, Tye, Henry

Team 2 - 16 Team, 24 Players + 4 TS, 2 IR, PPR, TE 1.5 PPR, 5TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Dalton, Cutler
RB - Hill, B.Powell, K.Robinson, Ellington, T.Cadet, Oliver, Ervin
WR - Dez, B. Marshall, Snead, DGB, DHB, P.Richardson, Givens, Boyd, Peake, R. Louis
TE - Gronk, J. Reed, Barnidge, Heuerman, N.Paul,

Team 3 - 12 Team, 24 Players, RSO Salary Cap League, 2 IR, PPR, 6TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Wentz
RB - Hill, D.Johnson, Ivory, D.Robinson
WR - Alshon, Maclin, Decker, J.Matthews, Tate, B.Miller
TE - Eifert, J. Reed

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Should I make this move with my team EDIT: New o

Postby grooner » Mon May 18, 2015 12:03 pm

That is a horrible trade even in a 2 qb league imo.

I just don't put much faith in Foles. I like the idea of moving jeffery for a qb, but you need a much better one.

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Mon May 18, 2015 12:12 pm

KeepCalmandDynasty wrote:So the trade got modified a bit and was wondering what you guys thought now

I give:
Spiller, C.J. NOS RB
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR
Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

I get:
Bortles, Blake JAC QB
Forsett, Justin BAL RB
Austin, Tavon STL WR
Cooks, Brandin NOS WR
I definitely would not make this deal.

Amazing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Amazing » Mon May 18, 2015 12:30 pm

KeepCalmandDynasty wrote:So the trade got modified a bit and was wondering what you guys thought now

I give:
Spiller, C.J. NOS RB
Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR
Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

I get:
Bortles, Blake JAC QB
Forsett, Justin BAL RB
Austin, Tavon STL WR
Cooks, Brandin NOS WR
I like this trade a lot better than the first one. I like Bortles more than Foles long term and you are getting a good piece in cooks along with a running back that you can start this year in forsett.