Duke Johnson or Ajayi?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Duke Johnson or Ajayi?

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:03 am

Which one and why?
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Duke Johnson or Ajayi?

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 am

Bump
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 10, 2015 10:31 am

If Ajayi didn't have bone-on-bone, I'd say him, but I'll go with Duke. If Ajayi makes the most out of his expected short stay in the NFL, he could be pretty damn good.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:24 am

I had the same choice, and went Ajayi and I'm in a rebuild. I'm not disagreeing the injury concern, but I think the fantasy community overreacted. Everywhere you read, analysts, scouts, and similar injury reports are that his longevity is concern. So what? He's a rb, their longevity is always a concern. And it's not like he came into the draft expected to go on IR because he tore his knee up like Gurley, he was dominant remember? He looked pretty good to me all season, doesnt even wear a brace at all.

Neither player is a cornerstone to build around IMO, so aside from the McCoys,Bell's, AP's of the NFL, who do you honestly expect to be on your roster in 3 years? You'll ride him out, trade him, etc. For the position I'm looking at 3 years HOPEFULLY, and Ajayi is in a better situation. I like Duke's talent, and if he was in Miami I'd say him. But hes not, Browns will suck for the next 3 years. I might look to acquire Duke before his contract ends however on the cheap.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 11, 2015 2:36 am

Duke. Chosen 2 full rounds above Ajayi. Seems Ajayi was given a boost by the dynasty community as a talent on the whole, and the injury concerns don't help.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 11, 2015 2:39 am

Swampdonkey17 wrote:I had the same choice, and went Ajayi and I'm in a rebuild. I'm not disagreeing the injury concern, but I think the fantasy community overreacted. Everywhere you read, analysts, scouts, and similar injury reports are that his longevity is concern. So what? He's a rb, their longevity is always a concern. And it's not like he came into the draft expected to go on IR because he tore his knee up like Gurley, he was dominant remember? He looked pretty good to me all season, doesnt even wear a brace at all.

Neither player is a cornerstone to build around IMO, so aside from the McCoys,Bell's, AP's of the NFL, who do you honestly expect to be on your roster in 3 years? You'll ride him out, trade him, etc. For the position I'm looking at 3 years HOPEFULLY, and Ajayi is in a better situation. I like Duke's talent, and if he was in Miami I'd say him. But hes not, Browns will suck for the next 3 years. I might look to acquire Duke before his contract ends however on the cheap.

So was Hyde's, supposedly, over Hill's going into last year, and how did that turn out? I wouldn't touch Ajayi with anything but a 3rd rounder or worse. He was a 5th round pick for a reason. If you know more than all those other teams and get a steal, good on you, but I wasn't a believer even when he was being touted as a mid first rookie pick. He was always on my avoid list, and after the draft, remains there, now in red letters.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:48 am

I for one did have Hill over Hyde but I get what you're saying. But the Browns/Dolphins argument is alot different than Bengals/49ers here.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Mon May 11, 2015 4:19 pm

Let me compare the players and personnel they may replace (Johnson, Crowell, Ajayi, Miller) based on games I watched . Johnson has very good quickness with the ability to shift directions in a heartbeat and cutback on a dime. Best on outside or stretch runs. Get the ball in his hands on swing passes and look out. Crowell shows some nice inside straight line burst but without much top end speed or ability to hit the edge. Not much of a natural pass catcher. Ajayi is probably the best combination of power and speed with the ability to change direction of the group particularly on inside runs. Enough quickness to hit the edge, but best when driving forward. Sometimes dances too much at the line. Miller is by far the most talented of the group with the instant acceleration only a handful of backs in the NFL have. Seemingly at full speed right when he touches the ball. Better at inside runs than most people credit him for. Is able to speed through cracks in the line in an instant and is larger than many people think (played near 220 lbs). Most metrics had him as one of the best runners for good reason. Sometimes misses cutbacks due to vision and/or simply blowing by a hole. Ability to be productive with receptions but mainly due to speed and not elusiveness.

Given the above, I still believe Ajayi has the best opportunity to become a RB1 at some stage. The coaching staff at Miami does not seem to believe in Miller and I would not be surprised if they let him walk after this year. I think Johnson is the best back in Cleveland but I still see a mess where he is part of a time share. I not real high on the chances of either to take over the lead role this year.
Team 1 - 12 Team, 25 Players + 5 TS, 2 IR, PPR, 4TD Passing
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, Year1
QB - A.Smith, RG3, Sanchez, Daniel, Hundley, Grayson, Hack, Brissett
RB - Miller, Zeke, L. Murray, Alf, Ellington, Blue, D.Washington, K. Robinson
WR - OBJ, Tate, Hurns, DJax, DGB, Coleman
TE - Thomas, Tye, Henry

Team 2 - 16 Team, 24 Players + 4 TS, 2 IR, PPR, TE 1.5 PPR, 5TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Dalton, Cutler
RB - Hill, B.Powell, K.Robinson, Ellington, T.Cadet, Oliver, Ervin
WR - Dez, B. Marshall, Snead, DGB, DHB, P.Richardson, Givens, Boyd, Peake, R. Louis
TE - Gronk, J. Reed, Barnidge, Heuerman, N.Paul,

Team 3 - 12 Team, 24 Players, RSO Salary Cap League, 2 IR, PPR, 6TD Passing
QB - Wentz
RB - Hill, D.Johnson, Ivory, D.Robinson
WR - Alshon, Maclin, Decker, J.Matthews, Tate, B.Miller
TE - Eifert, J. Reed

afrikanen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby afrikanen » Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 am

theone wrote:The coaching staff at Miami does not seem to believe in Miller and I would not be surprised if they let him walk after this year.
To me, passing on most quality RBs until the 5th is definitely a sign of belief in Miller.
12-man Superflex, 1-2-3-1-2FLEX-1OP-1K-1DST:
QB: Flacco, Carr, Winston, Glennon, Thomas
RB: McCoy, Ingram, Anderson, Mason, Abdullah, David J, Ball, Hillman, Khiry
WR: K Allen, A Robinson, Cooper, Perriman, Hunter, Marlon B, Bailey, K Bell, Dobson, Waller
TE: Eifert, Ebron, ASJ, Housler,
2016 Picks: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th

12-man Superflex .5PPR, 1-2-2-1-2FLEX-1OP-1DST:
QB: Tannehill, Carr, Hoyer, Cassel, Hundley
RB: Ingram, J Bell, David J, Sproles, Woodhead, R Williams, Carey
WR: Hilton, Maclin, M Bryant, Stills, M Lee, R Randle, Marlon B, Stevie J, Campanaro, Street
TE: Bennett, Fleener
2016 Picks: 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2017 Picks: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Tue May 12, 2015 9:05 am

afrikanen wrote:
theone wrote:The coaching staff at Miami does not seem to believe in Miller and I would not be surprised if they let him walk after this year.
To me, passing on most quality RBs until the 5th is definitely a sign of belief in Miller.
I hope you are correct. As you can tell my evaluation, I am a big fan of Miller's ability. I am just not sure of the Miami coaching and management decisions in general. There were too many games last year where Miller was not utilized enough. Even if you want to limit his carries, you have to get him more involved in the passing game as he is such a weapon. Also all the post season talk of wanting to utilize more of a committee which may or may not have been a smoke screen for the draft. And the decisions by the management are just bizarre. You pay a defensive tackle what will be the equivalent of 1/7 or 1/8 of your total average yearly salary (even one as good as Suh) but take the entire off season to decide to take the 5th year option on your franchise quarterback who has improved significantly every year both on the field and statistically. Just bizarre behavior to me.
Team 1 - 12 Team, 25 Players + 5 TS, 2 IR, PPR, 4TD Passing
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, Year1
QB - A.Smith, RG3, Sanchez, Daniel, Hundley, Grayson, Hack, Brissett
RB - Miller, Zeke, L. Murray, Alf, Ellington, Blue, D.Washington, K. Robinson
WR - OBJ, Tate, Hurns, DJax, DGB, Coleman
TE - Thomas, Tye, Henry

Team 2 - 16 Team, 24 Players + 4 TS, 2 IR, PPR, TE 1.5 PPR, 5TD Passing
QB - Dalton, Cutler
RB - Hill, B.Powell, K.Robinson, Ellington, T.Cadet, Oliver, Ervin
WR - Dez, B. Marshall, Snead, DGB, DHB, P.Richardson, Givens, Boyd, Peake, R. Louis
TE - Gronk, J. Reed, Barnidge, Heuerman, N.Paul,

Team 3 - 12 Team, 24 Players, RSO Salary Cap League, 2 IR, PPR, 6TD Passing
QB - Wentz
RB - Hill, D.Johnson, Ivory, D.Robinson
WR - Alshon, Maclin, Decker, J.Matthews, Tate, B.Miller
TE - Eifert, J. Reed

Nathan28
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Nathan28 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:27 am

Ajayi. I like his talent & situation better.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:20 am

Duke by far. I like Ajayi's talent, but he fell that far for a reason. As others have pointed out, that reason is his knee. You think you know better than all the teams whose medical professionals examined the results, then passed on him? I sure don't. To paraphrase Newsroom:

"Oh, I could have been a doctor."
"Really? What happened?"
"Well, I didn't go to med school."

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:27 pm

jeffster wrote:Duke by far. I like Ajayi's talent, but he fell that far for a reason. As others have pointed out, that reason is his knee. You think you know better than all the teams whose medical professionals examined the results, then passed on him? I sure don't. To paraphrase Newsroom:

"Oh, I could have been a doctor."
"Really? What happened?"
"Well, I didn't go to med school."
Better quote is Tommy Boy:
"Lot's of people go to college for seven years..."
"Yeah, I know. They're called doctors."

Duke talent I loved, but less happy about landing spot until Cleveland RB situation plays out.

Ajayi, I did have high until the bone on bone thing came out and he plummeted down draft boards. Lots to like and lots to worry on his game tap (pass pro particularly). That being said, I think sweet spot Dolphins see for Miller is probably 12-15 touches per game (catches/runs). I think there is room in this offense for Ajayi and I think he would be better between tackles runner than Miller. Coin flip on either end in my opinion.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:54 pm

Duke. Better draft pedigree and I like his skill set better.

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bo Jackson » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:57 am

I'm going with Ajayi. I don't care about his knee, I like his situation
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds