Startup DST

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Startup DST

Postby pokerface40 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:48 am

My first year in dynasty coming from redraft/keeper leagues. I have always streamed my DST but was wondering what the consensus is for utilizing DST in dynasty startups. 12 team PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1FLEX DST K 22 man rosters

What round do you personally target them if at all? How many roster spots do you use?

Note that we will use auction waivers with a $525 budget

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Startup DST

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon May 04, 2015 2:36 am

I never reach for a defense not even a primo one because of year to year inconsistency . I like to get defenses that are coached by aggressive coaches that blitz a lot even if they give up lots of points but it really depends on scoring . Some teams are more attractive if return yardage is included so really just fully understand the league scoring and take a shot on at a point in the draft where there is no players you really feel like are a good value. Check the schedules and see who plays rookie or bad qbs ... teams like indy or houston that get tennessee & jax twice a year are on my radar this season .
Indy will be playing ahead a lot thus giving defense lots of chances for picks and sacks although they are not very good in the NFL terms - wade phillips defenses usually produce because they are aggressive so denver if they are a value .
One other thing is streaming still isn't out of the question in a 12 team league and if your draft is soon then I wouldn't even draft a defense or a kicker unless forced to do so. There is 4 months until kickoff that is plenty of time to let it sort out.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Startup DST

Postby ppm » Mon May 04, 2015 3:58 am

Streaming still works fine in dynasty. Unless you have a bunch of owners in your league that feel the need to roster 2-3 defenses, then the pickings can get slim.