Are the Duke Johnson comparisons true?

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Are the Duke Johnson comparisons true?

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:45 am

closports wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:Thought my Abdullah/McCoy comparison would cause a stir lol.
The contrast in build between Shady and Abdullah will get most to shut down the comp right there. That being said, they do share some traits. To your point, I think Abdullah has some of the better "make you miss in space" ability of any back coming out this year which is a trait that Shady has in spades.

So, while I am not in full agreement with you, I see some play characteristics that caused you to throw it out there.
Ameer is more built up top, but if you look at McCoy's body type at PITT I don't see a huge difference.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Re: Are the Duke Johnson comparisons true?

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:46 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
closports wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:Thought my Abdullah/McCoy comparison would cause a stir lol.
The contrast in build between Shady and Abdullah will get most to shut down the comp right there. That being said, they do share some traits. To your point, I think Abdullah has some of the better "make you miss in space" ability of any back coming out this year which is a trait that Shady has in spades.

So, while I am not in full agreement with you, I see some play characteristics that caused you to throw it out there.
Ameer is more built up top, but if you look at McCoy's body type at PITT I don't see a huge difference.
They don't look remotely close to me. Abdullah looks great running sweeps with great blocking and one guy to beat in the open field. It just isn't a big part of an NFL back's game. He's just too small for me to get excited about and doesn't look crazy talented to make up for it. Looking at his build I think he's maxed out and won't be gaining a bunch of muscle either. Looks like a Vereen, Gio type of pass catching back. He has to be in open space to be effective.