Thoughts on this squad?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FFFAN
Starter
Starter

Thoughts on this squad?

Postby FFFAN » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:17 am

12 team ppr. QRWWflex(R/W/T)flex(W/T)

own 4 of the first 5 picks(not sure which one I don't have yet, lottery), 2 early seconds, and a 3rd plus one pick in all other 7 rounds

Qb:Russel, Glennon, Aaron murray

Rb:West, Micheal, turbin, Sims, riddick , blount, Greene, sjax, Redd, todman, Taylor, j. Thompson, gillislie, r. Neal.

Wr:Gordon, Hopkins, Benjamin, mathews, moncrief, richardson, blackmon, britt, nicks, m. Wilson, m. Austin, b. Colman, s. Hill

Te: eifert, toilolo, a. Robinson, e. Swoope

There's no free agency in this league so the only way to acquire players is by trading or drafting... 20 keeper, 3 taxi squad.

Thoughts?, strategies with this roster?

Moschoman
Starter
Starter

Re: Thoughts on this squad?

Postby Moschoman » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:44 am

you have a lot of upside RBs but none that I would feel comfortable starting next year (Sims may be the exception to this in a couple of months) so I'd be looking to upgrade your RBs. With 4 of the first 5 you're guaranteed to get Gurley or Gordon or perhaps even both in which case you'd probably feel semi safe as long as they land in a good situation. I"d probably wait until you know which picks you have and if you miss out on having the first two picks then maybe look to deal a pick that's not 1.01 or 1.02 for a proven RB commodity. You can start up to 4 WRs so even if you miss out on Gurley/Gordon then you could pick up Cooper. You're in a pretty good place with this team I think, not a contender next season but if things go right and you draft smart then you'll be a tough out in a couple years
12 teams, 2 flex(non QB)Standard Scoring
QB- Matt Ryan, Eli
RB- Zeke, Alvin Kamara, Jerrick McKinnon, Aaron Jones, Devante Mays, Buck Allen, McFadden, Latavius Murray, Paul Perkins, Adrian Peterson, CJ Prosise, Chris Thompson, Zach Zenner,
WR- OBJ, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, AJG, Davante Adams, Martavis Bryant, Chris Hogan, Tyrell Williams Tanner Gentry, Roger Lewis, Tommylee Lewis, Kevin White, Chester Rogers, Eli Rogers, Russell Shepard, Phillip Dorsett
TE-Delanie Walker, OJ Howard, Adam Shaheen, Clive Walford, Erik Swoope

hbomb
Rookie
Rookie

Postby hbomb » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:21 pm

I think you have enough talent and ammo to upgrade your guys into a legitimate contender next year. Since you only have to start 1 RB, see if you can upgrade someone like Gordon to a top 3 RB. You still have 50% of 2 or 3 other backfields. Then since you can start 4 WRs and 0 TE in a PPR, I'd make WRs my focus.

Once you know what picks you have, I'd let everyone know they're up for bidding. Once it gets close to draft and the hype builds, you could do some serious damage.
10tm HPR SF - Start 9 - Year 9 Champion
Murray, Tagovailoa, Cousins, Winston, Ben
JT, Jacobs, Mixon, Dillon, Edwards, Mcfarland, Kelley, Mitchell
Evans, Cooper, DJ Chark, Claypool, Davis, M. Williams, E. Moore, Hamler, DPJ
Kittle, Hockenson, Gesicki, Everett

10tm HPR HPFD SF - Start 9 - Year 1 Runner-up
Murray, Stafford, Cousins, Jones, Lock, Bridgewater
Mixon, Akers, Henderson, Dillon, J. Williams, Edwards, Pollard
Jefferson, DJ Moore, Lamb, Claypool, Reagor, Davis
Kittle, Andrews, Hockenson

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:43 am

Agree with previous posts. Your WR group is a nice collection of proven commodities and young upside, perfect for a start 4 league. Taking Gordon and Gurley would insure as best you could again a bust, giving you a good stable of RB's from which you only need 1 (hopefully 2) to emerge. I would use at least one of your first (w or w/o Russell) to go for a top 3 QB, but if you can't get a reasonable deal, Russell is okay to roll with.
Either way, let this play out and you should be a perennial contender in 1-2 yrs.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

FFFAN
Starter
Starter

Postby FFFAN » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:02 am

Edgy68 wrote:Agree with previous posts. Your WR group is a nice collection of proven commodities and young upside, perfect for a start 4 league. Taking Gordon and Gurley would insure as best you could again a bust, giving you a good stable of RB's from which you only need 1 (hopefully 2) to emerge. I would use at least one of your first (w or w/o Russell) to go for a top 3 QB, but if you can't get a reasonable deal, Russell is okay to roll with.
Either way, let this play out and you should be a perennial contender in 1-2 yrs.

I'm actually very high on Russel but I have been thinking of adding mariotta if he ends up with evans in Tampa. I'm just a little worried that top 5 would be too early.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:44 am

I'm taking the top four players you can in the draft and I may look to package your seconds to move back into the first. My thinking is always add as much high end talent as possible, it's all a crap shoot, but the later in the draft the lower the odds of those players making a big impact. Once you have acquired all ofmthentalent you will have flexibility to move two top young players for a younger proven player. Or keep me all and see who pays off.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

FFFAN
Starter
Starter

Postby FFFAN » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm think Gordon Gurley mariotta and coleman... Any objections to that group?