Jesu Cristo! 408 yards for Melvin Gordon!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Jesu Cristo! 408 yards for Melvin Gordon!

Postby joekool » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Geesh!

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Jesu Cristo! 408 yards for Melvin Gordon!

Postby captain howdy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:57 pm

In 3 quarters.

Against a top 20 rush def.

Dynasty4life
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Dynasty4life » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:09 pm

I think Gordon just made it a little tougher to just blindly take Gurley at 1.1.
QB - Love, Jones
RB - Swift, Etienne, Dillon, Dillon, Montgomery, Williams
WR - Hill, Brown, Dotson, Mooney, Smith, Waddle, Wilson
TE - Henry, Kmet, Okonkwo

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:38 pm

it's like he knows we're waiting for him...
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2023 Champ: Benny Blanco
2022 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj (again!)
2021 Champ: ZShultz
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Lordcoca
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Lordcoca » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:40 pm

16.3 yards per carry on 25 carries. Crazy!

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Any back that runs for over 400 yards in a game is obviously very talented irregardless of circumstances. With that said, the Wisconsin O-Line absolutely dominated Nebraska's D. By the second half, Nebraska looked worn-out and disheartened. Gordon was literally just running down the field on almost each carry. The one negative I saw from this game was Gordon being caught from behind several times. For a RB who is known as a speed guy, this does make me question exactly how fast is his long-speed.

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:05 pm

dm1129 wrote:Any back that runs for over 400 yards in a game is obviously very talented irregardless of circumstances. With that said, the Wisconsin O-Line absolutely dominated Nebraska's D. By the second half, Nebraska looked worn-out and disheartened. Gordon was literally just running down the field on almost each carry. The one negative I saw from this game was Gordon being caught from behind several times. For a RB who is known as a speed guy, this does make me question exactly how fast is his long-speed.
He probably felt bad and let them get him.
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:31 pm

dm1129 wrote:Any back that runs for over 400 yards in a game is obviously very talented irregardless of circumstances. With that said, the Wisconsin O-Line absolutely dominated Nebraska's D. By the second half, Nebraska looked worn-out and disheartened. Gordon was literally just running down the field on almost each carry. The one negative I saw from this game was Gordon being caught from behind several times. For a RB who is known as a speed guy, this does make me question exactly how fast is his long-speed.
He's really not as big a speed guy as he's made out to be. I suspect he will run somewhere in the 4.4 range which isn't elite but is plenty fast. Where he really shines is his elite acceleration, guy goes 0-60 in no time at all. He's plenty fast for the NFL, most of the runs where he got caught from behind were because the defender just had the angle on him, would have been surprised to see him get past a couple of them. I agree though, gotta give the offensive line its due, I can't say I've ever seen an entire line dominate the line of scrimmage like the Badgers did today, and against a top defense in the nation to boot.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Only making me feel better being the minority who says he is better than Gurley...
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyBandit
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyBandit » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:27 am

DJB wrote:Only making me feel better being the minority who says he is better than Gurley...
This.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Tevin Coleman put up 307 yards yesterday and is flying under the radar!

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:47 pm

FantasyBandit wrote:
DJB wrote:Only making me feel better being the minority who says he is better than Gurley...
This.
My concern with Gurley is that he runs through holes the size of the Grand Canyon just like Trent did. I know he can truck over guys, but so did Lacy and Trent at Alabama too.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:51 pm

dm1129 wrote:Any back that runs for over 400 yards in a game is obviously very talented irregardless of circumstances. With that said, the Wisconsin O-Line absolutely dominated Nebraska's D. By the second half, Nebraska looked worn-out and disheartened. Gordon was literally just running down the field on almost each carry.
The O-line being so good is what gives me pause. Here is a list of names that either fizzled out or seem to be on that track after leaving Wisconsin having had decent to great success:
James White
Montee Ball
John Clay
P J Hill
Brian Calhoun (sort of)
Anthony Davis
Michael Bennett had a pro bowl season then fell off the earth.
Ron Dayne

As far as I can tell the list of RBs who had successful careers at Wisconsin and been successful in the NFL is empty.

Is this something anyone else worries about with Gordon?

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:00 am

Csl312 wrote:
dm1129 wrote:Any back that runs for over 400 yards in a game is obviously very talented irregardless of circumstances. With that said, the Wisconsin O-Line absolutely dominated Nebraska's D. By the second half, Nebraska looked worn-out and disheartened. Gordon was literally just running down the field on almost each carry.
The O-line being so good is what gives me pause. Here is a list of names that either fizzled out or seem to be on that track after leaving Wisconsin having had decent to great success:
James White
Montee Ball
John Clay
P J Hill
Brian Calhoun (sort of)
Anthony Davis
Ron Dayne

As far as I can tell the list of RBs who had successful careers at Wisconsin and been successful in the NFL is empty.

Not really. I can't say I studied every player on that list, but the ones recently - White, Ball, Clay, and even Dayne back in the day - they aren't half the athletes that Melvin Gordon is.

I've never seen another RB maintain his speed while making guys miss - his balance is truly incredible for a guy that is running full speed. His short-area explosion is elite as he gets from 0-60 in the blink of an eye. All this with a 6'0 205 lb frame which allows him to still be effective between the tackles with adequate power.

To me, Gordon looks like a clone of Jamaal Charles - at least running the football.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:55 am

kmbryant09 wrote:
Csl312 wrote:
James White
Montee Ball
John Clay
P J Hill
Brian Calhoun (sort of)
Anthony Davis
Ron Dayne

Not really. I can't say I studied every player on that list, but the ones recently - White, Ball, Clay, and even Dayne back in the day - they aren't half the athletes that Melvin Gordon is.

I've never seen another RB maintain his speed while making guys miss - his balance is truly incredible for a guy that is running full speed. His short-area explosion is elite as he gets from 0-60 in the blink of an eye. All this with a 6'0 205 lb frame which allows him to still be effective between the tackles with adequate power.

To me, Gordon looks like a clone of Jamaal Charles - at least running the football.
He's actually listed at 213 lbs now. He added some weight this past offseason

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th