First Year Dynasty Player: Season in dumps, what next?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: First Year Dynasty Player: Season in dumps, what next?

Postby BadgerYou » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:57 am

Hold the low stock players til week 10+ then the teams desperate for depth in the playoff hunt will overpay (I've done it every year to bolster my rosters) Value of the lowest "stocks" even get upticks for playoff pushes - right now teams are still waiting it out and getting a feel. Those bubble teams will start paying for players they wouldn't dare touch in the beginning of the season. Just like most scenarios, patience is a virtue.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

johnnymozart
Role Player
Role Player

Postby johnnymozart » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:25 pm

What about Ellington and a 2nd for Hunter and McKinnon? Is that too much? Should I start by asking about Ingram over McKinnon?
My team/Picks (14 Teamer- .5PPR) Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE
QB Lamar Jackson, Russ Wilson, Mills
RB A Gibson, Aaron Jones, Damien Harris, Penny IR, D.Pierce, Haskins
WR ARobinson, KAllen, Mike Evans, Sutton, Amon-Ra, TBoyd, GDavis, Dotson, Pierce
TE Mark Andrews, Goedert, LThomas
K Tucker
2023- No Picks
2024- 2, 2

Rebuild Sad Orphan 12 team .5PPR -- Start 1QB, 2-4 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE

QB. Tua, DJones (IR)
RB Bijan (R), Gibbs (R), J. Conner, TSpears (R), Demercado, J Mason, Z. White
WR Amon-Ra St Brown, Nico Collins, J. Reed (R), R. Shaheed, C.Tillman (R), Osborn, Terrace M, CSamuel, Pierce, Ross
TE Andrews, Ferguson, McBride, Ertz (IR)
DEF- Patriots, Vikings
2024 None
2025 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3
2026 2, 3

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:47 pm

johnnymozart wrote:What about Ellington and a 2nd for Hunter and McKinnon? Is that too much? Should I start by asking about Ingram over McKinnon?

Ellington alone is worth more than those two. You have to slow down a bit on the trades I think. Let the market settle a bit. You just traded away assets to pick up Ellington, because, well he is a young and has upside. Don't trade him away for even unproven commodities.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:59 pm

BadgerYou wrote:
johnnymozart wrote:What about Ellington and a 2nd for Hunter and McKinnon? Is that too much? Should I start by asking about Ingram over McKinnon?

Ellington alone is worth more than those two. You have to slow down a bit on the trades I think. Let the market settle a bit. You just traded away assets to pick up Ellington, because, well he is a young and has upside. Don't trade him away for even unproven commodities.
Agreed.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:08 pm

agree with badger...you already lost in the value department imo with first series of mentioned deals. your taking your team from missing 1 piece or even some bad luck..to down right not good. young guys are sexy on the roster, but they arent winning you anything. i would like to see you go out and get a legit young wr 2 with ellington if you want to make a move right now, someone to go with floyd. guys i would consider off the top of my head (dont know how owners value guys, but its worth a shot), benjamin, cobb, hopkins, cooks, terrance williams, cp, quick, mathews, john brown. now some you may have to add a bit to, but others you may get them to add. i believe you only start 2 wr's, so if you can get a valued guy, you may be able to add to him to get a legit wr1.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:11 pm

BadgerYou wrote:

Ellington is the kind of player you want to acquire in a rebuild, not the kind of player you want to move.