Travis Kelce's Official Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jwhite85
Starter
Starter

Travis Kelce's Official Discussion Thread

Postby jwhite85 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 pm

What's your opinion on Travis Kelce's recovery outlook & future potential following microfracture surgery?

Denver724
Starter
Starter

Re: Travis Kelce's future

Postby Denver724 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:31 pm

I hope he comes back strong on 2014. I took him in the 2nd in most of my rookie drafts.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Long term he is still the guy in Kansas City. We know Reid loves to utilize the TE spot, and with Smith's noodle arm, TE should get a lot of looks going forward in 2014.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Anthony Fasano played 91.5 percent of the Chiefs' offensive snaps in his return to the lineup on Sunday.
Fasano missed four games with knee and ankle issues before playing 65-of-71 snaps against the Texans. Coach Andy Reid hinted that will remain the case going forward. "That’s an important position in this offense," Reid said. "With the exception of the running backs, it’s the closest eligible receiver to the quarterback 99 percent of the time. Normally, it ends up being your quarterback’s security blanket." Fasano is just a TE2, while Sean McGrath is back off the fantasy radar.

Buy low time on Kelce is right now, he is a guy that could have a big fantasy impact beginning next year.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:56 pm

He's definitely going to have a chance to be the starter in an offense next year that is TE-friendly.

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Where does he compare long-term to guys like Ertz, Fleener, Allen, etc.

I guess I'm talking about the 1st and 2nd year TE class that hasn't emerged yet as strong fantasy assets.

ChrisK
Starter
Starter

What is Kelce's Value

Postby ChrisK » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Hopefully this is in the right spot....

I'm getting a lot of interest in Kelce and I'd like to get some opinions on his value in 2015 draft picks. What would you be willing give up to get him? What would it take to get him from you?
Non-PPR, 12 Team - 20 player roster, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE

QB: Luck, Flacco
WR: AJ Green, J. Jones, A. Robinson, T. Smith, Gordon, Garçon
RB: Murray, L. Bell, Randle, Vereen, J. Rodgers, Mason
TE: Kelce, Olsen, Reed

breeze
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: What is Kelce's Value

Postby breeze » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:23 pm

His value should only go up. The Hype train has just gotten started. If I owned him, I would ask for a 2015 1st.....if you get any offers snap accept. I think I would also sell him for a 2015 2nd and 3rd. If you can't get that, I would say keep him.
Twitter: @BreezeIDP

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:16 pm

I own Kelce and grabbed him off waivers at the beginning of the offseason. I'd probably want a top 20 pick. Andy Reid offense, and clearly the kid has talent. I wouldn't pay anything more than a late 2nd right now because I have Reed, Green and Bostick on my team as well, so I'm pretty much set at young high-upside TEs.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I drafted him in the high to mid 2nd, in all the leagues I got him. I don't know if I would even trade him for a 2015 1st, unless it was projected to be a high to mid 1st. I wouldn't trade him for a projected late 1st, because it wouldn't be worth it considering were I drafted him at and sat on him for a year. Obviously I liked him coming out of college though, so I would need to see me gain value in a trade. Otherwise I would just see what he does.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:50 pm

I put his approximate valuation as equivalent to a high/mid 2 in 12-team rookie/free-agent drafts.

His value is more likely to appreciate further than depreciate, however. He has an every-down skillset, can dominate inline or as a move, and is a proven pass-catcher with rare long-speed for the position. And his situation is close to ideal for dynasty considerations. Theres a ton of pros here and very few cons.

I do wonder what he did in college to get himself suspended for a year, though. Afaik, its a mystery, but it had to be pretty damn bad.

Edit: If I already own him, then it would take at least a low 1 to get him from me at this point, but I'm also a big believer in him. I think he can be a future foundation piece at TE for a dynasty roster, so I'd only look to cash him in now if I'm already completely set there.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Smigs630
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Smigs630 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:06 pm

I own him and was offered a 2015, 2nd & 2015, 4th yesterday.. He was drafted in 2nd round in my league last year and was dropped and I grabbed him off WW as soon as he cleared waivers so he really cost me nothing.. I think his value will only go up as the season starts and smith has no one else to throw the ball too...
-Original draft 2012- 12 Team 0.5PPR
1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-2-Flex(Rb-Wr-Te)
QB-J ALLEN B Mayfield K Pickett
RB- J MIXON, ZEKE ,, K Gainwell, G Edwards, R White, B Robinson, P Strong
WR-AJ BROWN, J WADDLE, C GODWIN , T Boyd, H Renfrow, G Davis, D Mooney, G Wilson, K Toney, W Robinson, Ama Rodgers, R Gage,
TE-D SCHULTZ, E Engram, D Njoku, H Bryant,J Ruckert, K Rudolph

[/b]
Future Picks
2023: 1,2,3,3,4,
2024: 1,2,3,4,

Cutlip9
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cutlip9 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:28 pm

I have my rookie/FA draft this weekend. I have two second rounders(10 team league) but was hoping to wait till third to get him.
Wishful thinking??
10 team non-PPR, 4pt passing TDs, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DL, LB, DB
22 man roster, 1 IR spot
The Lip's Edge:
QB's-Brees, Winston
RB's-Peterson, Ingram, Gore, Michael, Miller, Crowell, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, Rawls
WR's-Julio, OBJ, Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Brandon Coleman, Green-Beckham
TE's-Kelce
K-Catanzaro
DL-M. Wilkerson
LB-Bowman
DB-Berry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Cutlip9 wrote:I have my rookie/FA draft this weekend. I have two second rounders(10 team league) but was hoping to wait till third to get him.
Wishful thinking??
Almost certainly. I think Ebron is going to be the only TE higher valued.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:31 am

Cutlip9 wrote:I have my rookie/FA draft this weekend. I have two second rounders(10 team league) but was hoping to wait till third to get him.
Wishful thinking??
It's possible he could still be there at #21-24 in a 10-team league, but if he's a firm target of yours you absolutely cannot count on that. Both of his TD catches this preseason were highlight-reel caliber (and thus have drawn a lot of attention), so you can't expect him to still be flying under the radar of any informed dynasty/fantasy owner at this point. Throw in that the reports on Amaro are mostly negative, and ASJ has done nothing at all, and ericanadian is definitely right to predict that he's probably the #2 TE on any TE-needy team's board in your league.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE