Travis Kelce's Official Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Travis Kelce... It's Time

Postby ManuManu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 am

Kelce looks the part, and the way they're using him is awesome. He just needs to play more snaps. I'd be buying if I didn't own Jimmy Graham.

Last week I offered McKinnon for him and got rejected (he also owns Cameron and Ertz in a standard 1-TE league). Not sure I'd do that deal today, but I'd love to have him.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 am

Certainly looked impressive last night and what impressed me most was how much of what he got was in YAC. I think at one point he had 56 yard receiving, 55 of which where after the catch. Prototypical size, good but not elite speed and a good situation. Hard to argue he isn't a top 10 TE now.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

Jecked
Starter
Starter

Postby Jecked » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:20 am

failblazer wrote:Certainly looked impressive last night and what impressed me most was how much of what he got was in YAC. I think at one point he had 56 yard receiving, 55 of which where after the catch. Prototypical size, good but not elite speed and a good situation. Hard to argue he isn't a top 10 TE now.
He has Elite speed for a TE.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 am

4.61, slower only than Graham and Cameron.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am

Telperion wrote:4.61, slower only than Graham and Cameron.
Ya he has agility not as much speed. But we need to keep in mind this is one game.
Cameron had a few nice games last year and then he has kind of vanished. I don't think you can expect him to always be getting 80+ yards but man he looks good.

Plus this patriot team is awful. I would be buying but at the same time if you can sell him for a Julius price tag and you have a Ertz type of guy then that might be the play.

I also want to know what people think about Kelce vs Green but it is hard to objectively make an argument after a guy plays like Kelce last night.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:38 am

kmbryant09 wrote:I hate when people are too quick to jump to conclusions and make player comparisons (Hunter is this year's Alshon!), but man....

Kelce really looks like Gronkowski 2.0 before the injuries. What got me on Kelce's radar this off-season (picked him up off waivers) was the fact that someone pointed out that his measurables actually stack up to Gronk's. Same size, similar top-end speed, very physical, very fluid in their movements.

Now, I'm not counting on Kelce putting up Gronk-like stats, that'd be foolish. But I feel like I've seen enough out of Kelce through 4 weeks (hey, catching 18 / 24 targets for 259 yards and 2 TD's from Alex Smith is quite an accomplishment, especially while only playing about 50% of the snaps) to put him firmly as my TE 4 overall in dynasty value. It's still easy to put Graham/Gronk/Julius ahead of him, but would anyone really trade Kelce straight up for Cameron? Davis? Ertz? Rudolph? Ebron? He's producing as much if not more than all of those guys (despite the limited snap count), and he's just as young as all of those guys and I'll put his athleticism toe-to-toe with any of them as well.
This.. Great point at the end about trading him for all the other TE's, personally i wouldn't
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 am

He has had 1 good career game, half the amount of good fantasy games that Larry Donell has had. It also came against a pourous Patriots defense that could stop anything last night. Think about it, Dewayne Bowe even had a good game against Revis last night. Kelce looked good, yes. But I would slow down a little on the expectations. He's a longgggg way away from the Top 5 TEs.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Jecked
Starter
Starter

Postby Jecked » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am

bcoogan23 wrote:He has had 1 good career game, half the amount of good fantasy games that Larry Donell has had. It also came against a pourous Patriots defense that could stop anything last night. Think about it, Dewayne Bowe even had a good game against Revis last night. Kelce looked good, yes. But I would slow down a little on the expectations. He's a longgggg way away from the Top 5 TEs.
Don't think anyone is calling him a top 5 TE.

It's not just 1 game though he has looked good since pre season

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:56 am

Preseason? The same preaseon that Adrian Peterson didn't play at all and Drew Brees played about 30 totals snaps in? ;)
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Jecked
Starter
Starter

Postby Jecked » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:01 am

bcoogan23 wrote:Preseason? The same preaseon that Adrian Peterson didn't play at all and Drew Brees played about 30 totals snaps in? ;)
They are established players so it doesn't matter, for young up coming players it shows progression and it has continued into the regular season.

Not sure what's hard to understand.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

Outside of Graham, Gronk, and Julius, what TE would you trade Kelce for straight up? Or in a start-up draft, who do you take before him? That's the relevant question. Everybody comes with asterisks and downsides, just like Kelce, but his are rapidly melting away as his talent and usage become more clear.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:39 am

Telperion wrote:Outside of Graham, Gronk, and Julius, what TE would you trade Kelce for straight up? Or in a start-up draft, who do you take before him? That's the relevant question. Everybody comes with asterisks and downsides, just like Kelce, but his are rapidly melting away as his talent and usage become more clear.
in dynasty, whew, there arent many. In redraft or for a win now team I like the consistancy of the Black Unicorn.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm liking the vibes after watching Kelce's play time increase. I had similar vibes last preseason watching Julius Thomas. Kelce has a good a shot as any to be the next big thing at the TE position.

I'm holding him to see if he blows up.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:I'm liking the vibes after watching Kelce's play time increase. I had similar vibes last preseason watching Julius Thomas. Kelce has a good a shot as any to be the next big thing at the TE position.

Would you trade Kelce and a 1 for Gronk?
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:45 pm

joeday wrote:
Pac_Eddy wrote:I'm liking the vibes after watching Kelce's play time increase. I had similar vibes last preseason watching Julius Thomas. Kelce has a good a shot as any to be the next big thing at the TE position.

Would you trade Kelce and a 1 for Gronk?
Tough one. Depends on where the first rounder lands. Number 12? Then yeah, I would.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.