Damien Williams v. Lorenzo Taliaferro?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Damien Williams v. Lorenzo Taliaferro, which would you prefer to own and why?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:14 am

Damien Williams
39%
Lorenzo Taliaferro
61%

Total votes: 23

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Damien Williams v. Lorenzo Taliaferro?

Postby Plank » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:14 am

Who would you prefer and why? I tried making a poll, don't know if it will post or not :P
@PlankMelody

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Damien Williams v. Lorenzo Taliaferro?

Postby ericanadian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:26 am

I feel like Taliaferro is the easy choice here. Williams is going to have difficulty even moving ahead of Miller on the depth chart and even then he'll likely still be the small part of the committee with Moreno. Long term, I don't see him ever amounting to anything more than a stopgap solution if even that.

Rice is gone. Pierce is seemingly garbage and now questionable for the next game. Forsett, while talented, isn't trusted as a between the tackles back. Taliaferro also has a solid fit in this offense and could conceivably be the future of the position. The main reason I'm hesitant to try and pick him up is that it seems like there could be a management shift in Baltimore with the PR storm hitting them which could completely change the scheme as soon as next year. Taliaferro in a non-zone offense would be garbage in my view.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Damien Williams v. Lorenzo Taliaferro?

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Taliaferro is decent. I don't like Williams at all. He's pretty fast in a straight-line, but his power and leg-drive is very disappointing at 220 pounds, and his vision is just terrible. He doesn't do much unless his blocks go exactly as planned. I actually like Orleans Darkwa a little bit more than Williams. Phins coaching staff doesn't seem to agree yet, though.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE