Superflex Poll

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.

Who would you prefer in a superflex?

Ben Tate
17%
EJ Manuel
83%

Total votes: 30

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Superflex Poll

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Who would you prefer?

STEVESKI
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Superflex Poll

Postby STEVESKI » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Even the worst starting QB is better than any RB outside the top 10...so this is an easy choice and also why I hate superflex.
12 Team 1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1RB/WR/TE
QB: Cutler | Locker | Carr | Manuel
RB: Gio | Miller | Mathews | B Brown | Gerhart | A Williams | Freeman | Herron | D Brown | D Williams
WR: Jeffery | Evans | Floyd | Patterson | Tate | Randle | Hawkins | M Brown | C Washington | C Johnson | D Carter
TE: Graham | Kelce | Allen

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:02 pm

STEVESKI wrote:Even the worst starting QB is better than any RB outside the top 10...so this is an easy choice and also why I hate superflex.
Agreed. Superflex has never made any sense to me, at least in most leagues that haven't taken drastic measures to equalize scoring between positions. If you want to have a league where every team is starting 2 QBs, why not just have a 2 QB league?

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:
STEVESKI wrote:Even the worst starting QB is better than any RB outside the top 10...so this is an easy choice and also why I hate superflex.
Agreed. Superflex has never made any sense to me, at least in most leagues that haven't taken drastic measures to equalize scoring between positions. If you want to have a league where every team is starting 2 QBs, why not just have a 2 QB league?
Because start 2 QB leagues require you to have a 3 or 4 starting QBs just to cover byes where as Superflex allows you to start a RB/WR/TE in that 2nd QB spot for byes or incase of injury to your two starting QBs. This way you dont have to overspend on worthless QB depth. Those lesser QBs dont carry the same value in a superflex that they do in a must start 2 QB league.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:38 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:
Because start 2 QB leagues require you to have a 3 or 4 starting QBs just to cover byes where as Superflex allows you to start a RB/WR/TE in that 2nd QB spot for byes or incase of injury to your two starting QBs. This way you dont have to overspend on worthless QB depth. Those lesser QBs dont carry the same value in a superflex that they do in a must start 2 QB league.
There are teams in our league that don't have a QB2, but I have 5 starting QBS (see signature). I think guys are just beginning to realize the repercussions of not having a QB2 and that they need one...

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm

I sold EJ Manuel for Montee Ball just before our 12 team superflex rookie draft last month. Passing TDs are worth 6 points in this league and the guys QBs were Bridgewater (devy league) and a QB2 by committee of Chase Daniel and Blaine Gabbert at the time.

I think he had every starting QB who lost their job last year (Pryor, Weeden, Ponder, Cassel, Freeman, Vick, Gabbert) but was loaded up at WR/RB/TE/Rookie picks.

I'm not a big EJ fan, but he's worth more than Tate in a SuperFlex league.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2